I have been using Shopify for about a month or so, and i have been running Ad Campaigns on Facebook for weeks. It seems to be driving quite the amount of traffic but i get almost no sales.
My conversion rate is stuck at 0.11% i can't seem to get it any higher! Now the "Homepage" of the site is only made for mobile so the big image overlapping is intentional, just a heads up.
What do you guys think? retrotv.cool
Solved! Go to the solution
This is an accepted solution.
Usually when I have a quite amount of traffic from ads but I make no sales, I will check the ads content if it matches the content of the landing page, also, double check if I target the right audience.
And I see that you make the site for mobile only, if you set up Google Analytics for your store already, go to Audience > Mobile to check if your assumption is right and most of your traffic is from Mobile.
I have some suggestions, you can test with them to see if the conversion can be improved:
- The image is nice but not saying much about your brand and your product => you might add a heading and a CTA button like 'SHOP NOW' as text overlay on the image or make the image a bit smaller and place the heading and 'Shop Now' button below to catch attention, as well as, introduce about your store
- Explain more about how your product works => I recommend a video to demonstrate (as most people rely on images and video to evaluate a product when they shop online). You might show its size on the home page too. If the visitors find enough useful information, they can add to cart or click 'buy now' when they are on the home page
- The 'Sale' badge at first looked like a button to me, I think it's better moved to the Product featured image => easier to catch attention and make more sense to tell your store visitors that this product is on sale
- As the product is on sale, you can add a Countdown timer to tell the shoppers that the deal is only available on a limited time, so they'd better buy it soon
- Before the footer, I suggest you add a heading: 'Don't miss this 28% off for your portable TV. Buy now or cry later!' and a CTA like "Get it now", they will remind your visitors of the product and the deal.
- Footer menu isn't very much branding => you can try something like Useful links / Help / or a short tag line
- Check if there's any redundant code
- The page speed on mobile is 14 https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fretrotv.cool%2F&tab=mobile
The home page's weight is 3.09MB => it's rather heavy, smaller than 2 MB is considered a good weight
I'd recommend you optimize your images. We have recommend 2 tools in this guide https://pagefly.link/yVHMqezj (it contains other tips about page speed optimization too). If you have some time, let's check it out.
I hope the ideas above can be useful for you, if they are, please give me a 'like'
Thank you so much in advance and I wish you the best of luck!
Hello @CoinToAWitcher, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:
- The banner image is too large, make it of the standard size.
- The call to action button on the banner image is not clearly visible. Make it clearly visible.
- Being a single product store you can add an engaging video of the product. Show the benefits, features, usage of the product. It will help you to grab visitors' attention.
- Add a sticky header.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
- Add an attractive newsletter popup with a discount code. Give loyalty points to customers on a sign up to increase the email subscribers. You can run email campaigns to reach clients and bring them back to the store.
- Add a countdown timer bar to create curiosity among customers to make a purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
You can use Social Proof Technique if you're getting traffic but fewer conversions.
What Is Social Proof and How Does it Help With Conversions?