16 initiated checkouts but only 1 sale?

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Hello, we launched our store www.smoothlyclear.com about a month ago, got our very first sale in the first week when our store wasn't even completely ready yet. However, now when we consider it ready and been running Facebook ads for conversions then we have the overall stats: 

651 Visitors

572 unique visitors

32 added to cart

16 reached check-out

1 order (in the very beginning)

We would like to know if there is something wrong with our webpage or have we missed something that discourages our customers to go from check-out to actually buying the product.
Any tips are welcome and very appreciated, thank you in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @SmoothlyClear,

I've just had a quick look at your website. It looks good, but I can see some areas for improvement.

Firstly, have you tried any Google Ads traffic? Social media traffic tends to convert at a lower rate as the intention to buy is often lower. Someone searching Google for "buy effective blackhead removal device" will be much more likely to convert than someone who has happened across your ad on Facebook.

My first question about a product like yours would be "does it work?" and so I would try to answer that as effectively as possible. Quotes from previous customers, ratings and reviews, magazine reviews, etc. I see you have some of this stuff deeper in the site, but not right on the homepage where you can capture people's attention.

I would also like to see a clear idea of how the product works. And possibly some before and after photos.

Lastly, what are your standard shipping costs?

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Thank you very much for the feedback, Gareth! We will try to improve the aspects that you pointed out.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

I can see you put a lot of effort and thinking into this store, that’s such a good start! Congrats. I wonder however, why not state what your star product is about? The Most Effective Blackhead Remover, Period! By doing so you are making a statement that does not allow guessing or misinterpretation, extra scrolling or reading on first impression. ECommerce store content of any kind requires simple, easy to understand messaging.

Your banner image does not lend itself to easily associate the product with its intended use. Consider using a bright image with a before and after that will show the results one can get.

I understand you are proud and excited to announce a newly redesigned version but if you put yourself in the shoes of a new visitor who has never visited your store, one may wonder - what was wrong with the previous one? Am I to be a Guinea pig for this new version? Hmmm.

Your excitement does not necessarily translate into value and solutions for the prospective client, why not state the benefits for the visitor in bullet points? Bullet points are great because we are trained to consume them one by one, we read then store and save the idea and move on to the next message. There is a recall imprint associated with such behavior which can help your conversion rte dramatically.

Finally, consider using YouTube Ads There is a ton of traffic that watches Dr. Pimple Popper and other you tubers focusing on blackhead removal, they can buy or recommend your product.

Hope that helps.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Wow, Hey thanks a lot, this is very valuable for us, we will rethink and see how it goes Thanks x10000

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

You’re welcome, thank you for the feedback. I hope it helps!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @SmoothlyClear 

Keep up the good work and I'm sure you will be converting more visitors sooner rather than later. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 0

Thanks for the encouragement!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@SmoothlyClear wrote:

Thanks for the encouragement!

No dramas at all. If you ever want to bounce any ideas of me reach out. Happy to help. 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1496 93 330

Hey Smoothlyclear,

Building brand awareness, using email marketing and using data analysis to improve strategy are some of the methods to improve sales. Besides that, 

The store is quite awesome but, still needs improvement. These points will surely help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will eventually drive you a lot better sales.

1. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an eCommerce
  2. Would love to see more social connectivity to the footer for engaging them.
  3. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

4. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.
  5. For better traffic and sales, you can Run some advertisements from the popular app Kit. Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  6. Also, You have around 2 products so you can add a lot more to expand your store.
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

7. Sales Popsyncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope the feedback results in a lot more conversions.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like