180 paid visitors but 0 sales, seeking critical store feedback.

Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

I launched my store a couple of weeks ago, it's called Raster Optics and can be found at www.rasteroptics.com 

We sell high quality blue light blocking glasses under the Raster brand name. This is a product which we have manufactured by an external manufacturer with our branding. To launch the store, I ran a google adwords campaign for relevant keywords, (about 40 keywords all with good relevance to the product). I acquired about 180 visitors at an average CPC of €0.33 but this resulted in 0 sales (and only 1 abandoned checkout) . I noted that the visitors were 70% female and 37% Females aged 18-24. The campaign was targeted for the UK & Ireland. 

I'm looking for feedback on my store as I feel that I'm too entangled in the design and creation of the store to see it from an unbiased perspective. My question is essentially, if you were in the market for this product, would you buy it from my store and if not, why not?

Potential ideas I've had are a lack of social proof (no reviews), pricing too high, lack of content on website or that the styling / branding is more designed towards a male audience while the target audience for this product seems to be majority female.

All feedback is massively appreciated! Thanks for your time.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Bill

Few Suggestions 

Home Page: Lots of people skim over content and don't read it. I'd turn a few things into images for example 

• 24/7 Customer Support 
  • 1 Year Quality Guarantee 

I'd also have a image to go with the below writing

• Show Me The Science 
  • Harvard Health Publishing 
  • Forbes 
  • Prevent Blindness Organisation

Product Page: I'd make the main image of the product someone wearing the glasses. I really like images of people smiling etc. I'd also add. 

• Testimonial Bar (if you don't have reviews yet) maybe 1 or 2 people you know could write a testimonial ? 
  • Sticky Add To Cart Bar ( your content is long, might be good to have a add to cart bar that follows the visitor down the page as they read so when they decide its time to buy the can just click the button that is right there) 

Overall great job. I really love the images & logo. I'll also email you more tips for improving your website. So keep a eye out for that in the next couple minutes. If you don't receive this for any reason you can reach out HERE

As for marketing you could try using a influencer that would do a video review for you. I think that would be awesome and than you could also use that on the website. 

Good luck with it all

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

Hi,

was it your intention to target mostly females in that age range or is that simply the audience that you got from your ads?

Do you know when the visitors leave your store? Is it right in the beginning so that you have a high bounce rate or do they get to the product page and then leave your site?

Would be helpful to find out what really causes the problem here, if it is the presentation, the store, the product itself, the pricing, ... and make it a lot simpler to improve then

1 Like
Highlighted

The amount of traffic you are looking at is to small to jump to any conclusions with right now. Also limiting your ad spend to 18 - 24 could be why you don't see any sales. For our ecom clients in the UK and across the USA, Google Shopping is by far a better ROI for them. You can make keywords work but it's a lot more work on your part. I would rethink your strategy around marketing and even hire someone to consult and help lower your mistake and increase your leaning faster. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it feels like one endless page with no design treatment to help section off different pieces of content. This makes everything blend together and nothing standout

2. I would delay the 10% off popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

Product Page  Feedback

1. Your product pages are text heaving. Would be interesting to use HotJar and Google Analytics to see if people are staying on the product page and reading that content. That could be a massive road block

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. You will also need to send more traffic to your to help understand why people are not buying.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for your response, no it wasn't my intention to target mostly females in that age range, they're just the audience I got from my ads.

My bounce rate for the period of the campaign was 57.5% , average session duration 1:48. Im getting the % of unique pageviews through to the product pages as 11.7% of the total pageviews..

Here's a screenshot of google analytics data on pages if thats any help, I used the homepage as the landing page for a while before changing it to ( Welcome - Raster Optics)

Screen Shot 2019-11-06 at 00.53.18.png

I don't know if some of the data is skewed from me looking at pages from different ip addresses myself.

Thanks again for your help!

Cheers,

Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

Thanks for your reply and the feedback! I tried setting up a google shopping campaign but didn't seem to get any impressions, do you have to bid far higher for shopping campaigns and if so are the conversion rates correspondingly higher also? I bidded about 0.45 and was about 30 products down when I clicked on the shopping tab.

I attached some analytics data to a post above, not sure if the %'s of people reaching product pages or the times they're staying on the pages are good or bad.

Also, would you say reduce the amount of text on the product page?

Many thanks for your help,

Cheers,

Bill

0 Likes
Highlighted

Some quick changes:

• Your header image is blurred. You want a bold header image to make a better first impression.
  • Raster Optics is your brand name. It should have a bigger font.
  • "Blue Light Blocking Glasses" - why should anyone be interested? Your subhead is where your USP should pop. For example; Blue light blocking glasses - Eye protection for workaholics... 
Wondering how to get more sales? Wondering how some people make millions of dollars in sales yearly? The answer - EMAIL COPYWRITING. Lame ass email copy won't sell jack shit. Hire a team of expert copywriters for the price of one. https://cutt.ly/vruA570
1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Bill

Thanks for the data as it does show some people staying for a few minutes. It's still a rather small amount of data to know much beyond some people did stay.

As for Google Shopping, higher bids don't mean you get a higher conversion rate but you do need to bid high enough to get traffic to do anything. Before making any changes, I would look at HotJar and start to see what people are doing on the page. Getting more data about how people are interacting with the page would help you decide what to do.

We help a lot of ecom brands with this conversion rate optimization work and getting traffic to convert. Beyond some basic fixes, it's always good to use data to help you decide on a clearer direction. Please reach out if you need help with a/b testing on your site.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1033 50 154

I feel the store layout is not attractive enough to make conversions. Buyers consider visual appearance to be the most important factor when making a purchase. About us should be a separate page. Instead, there should be a slider image on the first fold.
Your store niche is good, you can make huge money out of it if you work on the home page. Your home page is too small, you can add some sections below collection list like - best selling products, Something Interesting ( maybe little about your story with a link to about page), Newsletter Sign Up, Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) I would only use 4, portray reviews (if any).
With a pinch of engagement, your sales can skyrocket. I have some other "must-have" suggestions for your store. Before that, I need to know what are your engagement strategies for new visitor engagement. I mean how do you convert your new visitor to a customer? 

You have such a nice niche why don't you use some engagement tools to capture your visitors?

Make use of pop-ups to greet your customers. I would personally recommend you to go for a 45-sec-pop-up at the entry. Conversion rates for pop-ups are high and the most surprising discovery is that the pop up doesn't increase bounce rate at all. This is ample time for your audience to get hooked by your content, whilst also being quick enough to catch skimmers before they leave.

I would recommend you to add a review button on your homepage so that every new visitor can get a glance. Create an engaging and interactive website- Engaged and loyal customers, can lead to an increase and repeat sales and also eventually lower down your cost of acquisition.

Make use of push notifications, which allows you to send push notifications in real-time to the user's browser. Engage customers will lead to an increase in repeat customers.

Chatbots in your business is that they save time. For instance, when used on your website they can provide fast, automated answers to most questions. This will engage your customers and prevent customers from waiting for a day or longer to receive responses as they would have in the past.

You can add loyalty points and referrals, it increases repeat purchase and customer lifetime value with points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store. Encourage them to Share and Refer their friends to your store. It will help you to collect & display customer reviews, photos, and Q&A, to increase your trust as well as conversion rate. This will help in engaging your visitors and converting them into paying customers.

Send welcome emails, start a welcome series, based on customer activities on your store. Send Broadcast Emails campaigns to anyone on your list when you need to talk to everyone at once. Automatically trigger emails when your customers are most interested based on the purchase, or site visits, or engagement. Or the way they interact with your brand. Group your audience into segments based on almost any factor so that the right message gets to the right person.

Try using Aitrillion.com. It can help you with all the necessary engagement tools.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11

The data could also be skewed by the people here on the board having a look at your store.

And I have to agree with (forgot the name of the person here) that your sample size isn´t big enough to tell you all the problems you might encounter, but I can tell you a few things in general that should increase your chances of making a sale:

0 Likes