1K Sales First 3 Months of Launch~Conversions Could Improve. HELP!

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello there!

I am the owner of www.KettleFreaks.com . I have had the store open since October 25'th 2018 and have earned just over $1,000. The reason I am concerned is because I have had 117 "Add to Carts" but only "32 Sessions Converted".

My Facebook has grown from 0-almost 3k in 3 months. I am satisfied with our social media out-reach.

The website traffic claims to be in the top 4% of Shopify stores opened when I started.

I am wondering how I can capitalize on every opportunity since I have had many missed. 

What can I realistically do to convert more sessions that were added to the cart? I don't want to fall into the trap of these apps or gigs on Fiverr that don't work. I want the least expensive approach. 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 3 8

@mhach006 wrote:

Hello there!

I am the owner of www.KettleFreaks.com . I have had the store open since October 25'th 2018 and have earned just over $1,000. The reason I am concerned is because I have had 117 "Add to Carts" but only "32 Sessions Converted".

My Facebook has grown from 0-almost 3k in 3 months. I am satisfied with our social media out-reach.

The website traffic claims to be in the top 4% of Shopify stores opened when I started.

I am wondering how I can capitalize on every opportunity since I have had many missed. 

What can I realistically do to convert more sessions that were added to the cart? I don't want to fall into the trap of these apps or gigs on Fiverr that don't work. I want the least expensive approach. 

Thanks!

That revenue amount is very poor in that timeframe. And top 4% is not good at all 99% of stores fail so you better be in the top 1% soon. The clients I work with are in the top 1% of stores and we are proud of them for this. Your popup is terrible and is hard to read. 10% off is not an good enough incentive and going any higher will just cheapen the brand so just say join our newsletter. Selling an average tee like the one I see on your website at that price is a bit steep and clearly people don't want to buy it at that price otherwise they would buy it without abandoning cart. To be fair the IC:PUR ratio is average and is basic statistics you will never be able to get all of them to convert. The only solution to this is to offer free shipping and to retarget the hell out of them. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

I appreciate the response! I am just curious about several things you had mentioned, and I am not answering these with any sense of pride or entitlement. You had mentioned that the revenue in this time frame is very poor. Trust me, in real life I would love to have more, but understanding the circumstances I am wondering how you can draw this conclusion.

• My store started from ZERO (Nobody knew about us)
  • I see many store owners with ZERO sales in the first 3 months
  • A Shopify Guru told me that my store is performing well. I will attach the document here.
  • What are your credentials to provide this type of feedback?

Again, I am not trying to answer with pride- these are just the thoughts going through my head.

I agree that my pop-up can be better- but it has also generated many emails for me. 

You mentioned you have clients-What types of services do you offer? I may be interested. Thanks so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 3 8

@mhach006 wrote:

I appreciate the response! I am just curious about several things you had mentioned, and I am not answering these with any sense of pride or entitlement. You had mentioned that the revenue in this time frame is very poor. Trust me, in real life I would love to have more, but understanding the circumstances I am wondering how you can draw this conclusion.

• My store started from ZERO (Nobody knew about us)
  • I see many store owners with ZERO sales in the first 3 months
  • A Shopify Guru told me that my store is performing well. I will attach the document here.
  • What are your credentials to provide this type of feedback?

Again, I am not trying to answer with pride- these are just the thoughts going through my head.

I agree that my pop-up can be better- but it has also generated many emails for me. 

You mentioned you have clients-What types of services do you offer? I may be interested. Thanks so much!

Ok but 3% of stores are doing better than you of the same age. And I guarantee their stores are very average or below par. The point is that your either not advertising aggressively enough or your product is not wanted by the population. You need to do is advertise aggressively to find out if your product is good and see higher revenues which means spending more money. It is acceptable to be losing money as you can make up for it via email campaigning and long term retargeting. I'm not offering any services or accepting any more clients at this moment in time.

1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

With only 3 months of exposure, I can imagine that only a particle of dust has encountered any interaction with my website. My plan isn't to "Get rich quick".

With that in mind, I don't understand the logic on how a 3 month sample period can give as much insight as you're suggesting for five years down the road from now. I understand that it's difficult to make it in this industry and not everyone survives.

I guess what I am looking for is insight on similar statistics my website has done, and where it can be 5 years from now based on what you have seen. I don't plan on giving up as I have already recouped my investment.

Based on where my website is, do you have any statistical data on where people who didn't give up ended 5 years down the road?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
86 6 19

Remove the popup that comes up immediately. 

Your header is confusing. does it take 3-5 days for delivery or 3-5 days for the item to arrive?

You need a menu on your desktop. People don't know what the little hamburger icon is on mobile let alone on desktop. 

Your add to cart button should be a bright color. Black doesn't draw attention to the button. 

There are quite a few other things that need fixed but that's a good place to start. I would consider hiring someone on upwork or fiverr to give you some further critque. https://www.fiverr.com/share/K7ZwV

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @mhach006,

Taking a look at your store, it seems that it could be greatly improved with personalized recommendations for the customer. Our boxes can be added to multiple pages such as Home, Collections, and Cart pages. LimeSpot Personalizer App could be helpful in improving conversions for your store. We use AI to recommend different products based on user's profiles and browsing history.

Our recommendation box conversion rates are 3 to 5 times higher than standard navigation and we are the #1 App for increasing basket size in Shopify platform.

We offer 14 days free trial and do not charge anything until we actually drive sales for you. Let me know if you're interested? I can help you with the installation and setup.

Cheers,
Michelle @LimeSpot_guru

E-Commerce Conversion AI
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hey, there!

My suggestion would be to also increase your advertising. However, before you do that I would tweak your website to tighten up a few aspects of it. 

For example, in mobile the logo is small and hard to read. Keep in mind, the majority of your visitors will be viewing via mobile. Plus, the logo is right on top of this guys head which looks sloppy and unintentional. Also, 'Exclusives' is covering up the t-shirt, which is what you're trying to sell. You want to be showcasing your products so visitors can clearly see them. The same thing goes for other images in the slideshow. 

Something else I noticed is that though your business is about the love of grilling and barbecues there are only two pictures, tucked away at the bottom of the homepage, of people with their barbecues. I suggest you order some of your own products and then photograph them cooking. This is a good guide on lifestyle photography. Make your website feel more authentic. For example, this hat:

The photo is boring. It would look much better if you had a picture of someone wearing it while cooking brisket (I love brisket). Also, you can see around the text how it's been poorly photoshopped, which doesn't look good. Use a beautiful grill in an nice settings with some photogenic people, take great pictures and use them on the site and product pages. It will give your store more life making people connect with it more. This is a good guide on giving life to your store.

Another thing that's really important is making sure the landing pages you're using are effective. If you've got an advertisement that sends someone to a landing page that isn't created well then it's not going to convert. You've got to use engaging copywriting, images and call-to-actions that keep them interested. This blog post discusses that in more detail.

Only after you've tidied up the website to unify the messaging is when I suggest your start buying more ads.

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes