1yr in business! Growing slowly, would like feedback on my store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi everyone, I hope this message finds you well! It would  be incredibly helpful if you could take the time to review my store and leave me some feedback. I launched the site over a year ago and I'm growing slowly. Would love to tighten the store up before this holiday season!

thanks so much! www.trillpaws.com 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 6

Hi there, when I landed on your store I could not tell what it was about. You had me do some homework. Everything you show above the fold dealt with the story you want to tell visitors. You are in a wildly competitive world, consider changing your banner message to Uniquely Designed Collars and Leashes for Your Dog. That tells the visitor what the store is about right away. This would decrease the bounce rate and could give you a better chance to showcase your products.

Joe

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add some more social links like twitter for better connectivity.
  4. Also, You have around 43 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.trillpaws.com/search?type=product%2C&q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you convert visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
653 42 99

Hey, there! 

My name is Ren from the Shopify support team, thanks for your post. As a dog lover, I just adore your products. What a great brand! Novelty pet accessories that are totally on trend - such a great niche! Well done. I'd love to help offer some tips to help you prep for the approaching holidays, Black Friday Cyber Monday really is just around the corner! Check out our BFCM toolbox to get inspired. 

In terms of the website, it actually looks very professional already. What I'd love to see is a featured product section that showcases one of your pet tags. You might consider doing a "tag/product of the month" where you talk about your inspiration behind the tag/product, maybe embed a professional quality video (tons of apps can do this) showing off the details and shine and run a discount on that one tag for the duration of the month. You have a really high following on instagram which is excellent so consider focusing on increasing engagement with your followers. You could try creating a custom hashtag and running a contest to get people to take pictures with their pets wearing your products, adding the hashtag to their posts and feature them on your stories!

Have you considered partnering with another dog/pet brand to run a social media contest? A dog food brand would be a really nice fit here. Can you think of other potential brands you could reached out to?

Shoppers are looking for deals as the holidays approach. You could try bundles like Buy X get X, or offer a discount if someone buys a leash, collar and tag. Your shipping guarantee is already top notch and a great incentive. Social proof and urgency apps are also popular tools for driving conversions. 

I want to talk about video again because at this stage in the game, it's really the most effective way to advertise and deliver your message. Videos, even short boomerang type clips gather a ton of engagement and can really help set you apart and stand out among your competitors. Check out our blog resource for How to Make Your Own Online Videos to learn more. 

Any questions about getting started with the steps above? Let me know what you think and if I can offer any clarification for you.

I wish you all the best!

Ren | Social team @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Rachel_Jones1,

I just reviewed your store, it's really amazing. You need to work on a few aspects to improve your store and increase your sales.

Sticky Header: You can create a sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. It gives a better navigation experience to the user. 

Structured Data- What I noticed that you have not implemented structured data, so it's recommended to implement it. It will help increase search appearance on SERP.  

Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers' trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Create a Sense of Urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales.

Multiple Payment Options: Make it easy for your customers to pay. Provide as many payment options as possible.  

Try A/B testing: Always try  A/B testing to see which version of the webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion.  

Product Availability: It's a good practice to show product availability information to the users to attract or please the customer.

Add Call to Action: Use good CTA it can increase conversion and sales.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.  

Add Social Proof: Put effort Into online reviews & social proof as Social Proof builds brand image. Make use of social media channels to reach more customers. 

Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating. 

Speed Optimization: To increase visitors you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is slow i.e 57%. So it's recommended to improve it. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate and It also improves the user experience. 

2019-10-30_16-38_PageSpeed Insights.jpg

Offers and Discounts: You can highlight Offers and Discounts beside the add to cart button. It instills trust and a feeling of safety in your customers. 

I hope you like my feedback! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank You!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
33 4 11
  • It´s not clear in the beginning what you´re offering - you can change that easily by changing your headline into one with the benefit of your offers
  • For the picture you could increase your conversion by using a picture of the breed that most of your customers have because they will relate more to your product then
  • You write your prices as $25.00 which makes them unnecessarily appear bigger. You should either write them as $25 or go for $24.99 making them more appealing
  • On the product page put the logos of all your payment options close to the add to cart button
  • Change the grey colour of the add to cart button into green - works better - same in the checkout process
  • Add a progress bar in the checkout process
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1536 77 261

Hey @Rachel_Jones1  here are some suggestions you need to work on:-

1. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it - 

And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.

2. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

3. Reviews. It enhances SEO and ranking. Add product reviews and site reviews. This will help you to build trust with other visitors and increase brand recognition. Turn your customer content into sales by collecting and leveraging reviews, ratings, and Q&A.

To know how you can implement and add this to your store. Feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes