2 Month old store, with decent social proof

Highlighted
1 0 0

I created my store just under 2 months ago. I've steadily built up my facebook/instagram pages in order to create a trust between myself and customers. After about a month, the site started to receive some decent traffic but, unfortunately only made 2 sales since launch. I have now stopped running ads. If I'm getting traffic with no sales, there is something defitnetly disrupting why potential customers are not converting. Thanks in advance!

Cloudycomfort.com
Instagram.com/Cloudycomfort

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2680 190 424

Hi Travis, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on your store so far. It's looking good and shows you've put a lot of work in. From what you have said about getting traffic but then that traffic is not converting for you, it leads me to believe that it might not be the right traffic for you. There are a couple of different social techniques to help you find the right audience for your ads and to your store. Let's look at them below:

• Facebook Ads can be tough even on the best of days. A great technique for finding the correct audience for your store/ brand is the 3x3x3 method. The concept is to start off with 3 ads, with 3 different audiences and 3 different sets of copy/images with a small but the same budget for each. You then monitor the results for each variable and will notice some performing better than others. You can then drop off the less successful ads and increase the spend on the more successful ads which is your key audience. There are some great tutorials for this online, one of which you can find here
  • Regarding Instagram, organic engagement is a great technique to find and build an audience for your brand. The idea of actively going out and commenting, searching and engaging with people on Instagram without going for a hard sell, will incredibly encourage them to check out your store. A top Shopify Expert recently did a podcast about this with a store who implemented this technique successfully which you can listen to here

Hope these help point you in the right direction to take your store to the next level. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes