2 month old store

8 0 0

Hi good evening everyone, I started my shopify store a little over 2 months now and i used to have at least 20 visitors per day, now I don't have any and up until now I haven't made any sale, am looking for some feedback on my store as tohow to go forward cause am at a loss. my store is 3rmonastylesboutique.com

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 2 40

Hello, there!

Lisa here from the Social Care team at Shopify. 

You have an interesting name "3R Mona Styles Boutique",  I couldn't find anywhere on the site what the 3 R's stand for. Some more insight behind the branding would help customers understand more about your site, and in turn increase confidence to purchase. Here's an article I suggest you check out on how to write a persuasive about us page

When browsing your site, the next concern is the products in the drop-down menu. Your labels are set up nicely, however, the links do not all click through to specific collections. Under Shop Women >  Tops there are many other products, such as shoes dresses and rompers. Under Shop Women > Jeans there are no collections connected. If you need help sorting products into main collections, see this help doc here. Please keep in mind the tagging system is case sensitive when you're using automated collections this will greatly affect what products will be pulled through into the collection. The tags must be added to the products first in order for them to show up in the collections, learn more about creating and using tags here.

Next, to improve your site, I suggest you write some customized product descriptions. At the moment there are just the product specs on most of your listings which doesn't offer much insight into why the customer should buy that product from you. Read this guide here for 9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell. Having well-written product descriptions will also help with your SEO. When a customer Googles about your store or product offering, you're more likely to show up in the results when descriptions are effectively written out. SEO when done well, helps with traffic. Learn more about how you can rank up your store with this checklist What Can I Do to Help My Store Rank in Search Engines?

Just wondering, when you first launched your store if you were sharing with friends and family and on your own personal pages. This may have driven some of the traffic you were seeing originally that has now died off. With Shopify stores, as the business owner, you are required to generate your own traffic to the website. Here is a great article on How to Get Your First Sale in 30 Days: A Marketing Checklist for New Entrepreneurs. This explains the importance of targeted traffic and ways to generate traffic. Before you invest money in advertising, I suggest you try to learn as much as you can about online advertising and join online communities, here are a few to consider:

These groups can often provide opportunities to grow your brand in creative ways, like following each other's business Instagram and Facebook profiles and sharing news about each other's wins. Being apart of an entrepreneurs group can often make the journey to success a lot less lonely as well! 

With Black Friday Cyber Monday coming up, I'd also take this as an opportunity to test some new marketing tactics to drive traffic to your store. Learn more about what you can do in this article here: Are You Ready to Make the Most of BFCM 2018? We’re Here To Help.

Feel free to comment back. Best of luck!

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1664 24 175

Hello,

I simply had looked your store. I have a few recommendations on your store.
What you show in your banner? You can adjust the banner dimensions. A banner announces the name or identity of a site, The purpose of a website banner is to create a focus point to be the first thing noticed, which is why it is so critical to get a banner right as it only has mere seconds to capture the interest of a visitor and encourage staying on the website for further browsing.
You can add item description, It's useful for increasing of sales and important to boost your conversion rates.
And you can use hashtags on your social media pages, hashtags enable people to discover presents that are significant on their interests and associate with other web based life users who share those interests by joining the discussion about hashtag.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
8 0 0

Thank you lisa, the store name 3RMONASTYLES is a bit personal as i named it after my son, my partner and myself. All three of us name starts with the letter R. I shall do my homework on your recommendations and hope for the best.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Thank you very much, I will apply those recommendations.

0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi Lisa, I made some changes and would appreciate your feedback on how I did and what next could be done, thank you. 

3rmonastylesboutique.com 

I am also going to change the name to 3RFASHIONZ, this reflects the initials of my name, my son and my partner.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 2 40

Hello, again!

You are so welcome. How's the store going so far since you made the changes? 

The store is looking much more cohesive, the name change was a smart move! I instantly understand what I will be receiving when I come to your fashionable store. It is lovely hearing about the story behind your boutique and how it relates to your family. The refined story on your site offers great insight into the brand and your intent to promise your customers a valuable shopping experience. The personal insight into your entrepreneurial endeavours from the Carribean really lets customers understand the effort you're putting in, and builds trust and credibility. 

Also, all the links which were broken before on your navigation have now been fixed. I do see that you still need to update the product descriptions to be more informative about the products. In addition to the article, I provided you above  9 Simple Ways to Write Product Descriptions that Sell, here's some info on How to Write Epic Product Descriptions That Sell. 

On your products, the product vendor is still set to the old name of your store. You can update your product vendor labels in bulk by following these instructions. The selecting 'vendor' when using the bulk editor, see screenshot here: 

This will update the vendor name displayed at the top of each of your products: 

Alternatively, you can hide the vendor name altogether, since it takes up so much space and distracts from the product name. If you were selling brand name items, then it would be worthwhile to keep the vendor name, however, in this case, I don't believe it adds additional value. For most themes, you can turn off the vendor display on product pages. To do this go to Online Store > Themes > Select your theme > Customize > Click on a product page. From here your menu options will change, and you will be able to untick the display of the vendor. See screenshot: 

The store is looking great! Now is a good time to focus on driving more traffic to your page to help with sales. What sort of marketing are you planning on doing to drive traffic to your store? Have you thought of using a blog to increase exposure of your products? You can put your blog link in your Instagram and social media bios as an effective landing page for a range of customers. This way potential customers are not forced to buy straight away, the intent is to educate and inspire visitors from what you have to say about your brand. Blogs are also great for SEO helping you appear in search engines. Here are 8 Brilliant Blogs Run by Ecommerce Stores (And What You Can Learn From Them)

- Lisa

1 Like
8 0 0

Thanks for your response Lisa, I know I still have a lot to do, I will get on it as soon as my Internet connection is back up to full strength. I am using Facebook ads for a week now, still no conversion, however there has been a lot of link clicks and only one add to cart. The Facebook ads will end today am thinking of now using Google ads.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 2 40

Anytime! Yes, when running an online store it is always a work in progress, tweaking different aspects as seasons and trends change. I hope your full strength connection returns soon. 

Facebook adverts can be tricky and expensive when you're just getting started with a new brand. It does take persistence and learning to optimize your ads based on what is working and what is not. This free guide offers information on Facebook Ad Optimization. 

Also, I suggest you try the free app Kit to help you set up and optimize Facebook ads. Kit takes care of a lot of the retargeting from your current website traffic and Facebook page following. 

If you try Google Ads, here's some info on how to set up your Google Ads account to sync with your Shopify store.

- Lisa

1 Like
8 0 0

Thank you Lisa, I will sure try my best to apply all the assistance and guide that you have given me, thank you.

0 Likes