2000 visits, no sales

Solved
MVUILL
Excursionist
27 0 8

Hi there!

I launched my website https://www.french-address.com one month ago, I had 2000 visits (60% with paid ads) but almost no sales. Do you have any recommendation on what I should improve? 

I'm on a niche market (French luxe products sold to US & Canada), what do you think of these KPIs: 

- 14% of sessions with visit on product page

- 3.8 pages per session

Thank you for your help!

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @MVUILL,

This is PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App. In general, your store has good images and layout, it might need some little changes to be optimized. I hope that my commendations are helpful to you. Before that, these are Conversion Rate Optimization Best Practices: 12 Chapter Checklist for you to get more information on how to increase the conversion rate for your store. 

1. Homepage: 

1.1 Add a favicon to your store

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add... 

1.2 Adjust the sticky menu

PageFly_0-1619454053086.png

It is a great thing that you put the sticky menu but "About" is being underline so I'm not sure if this is your attention or some error. It might confuse people as well. I also recommend you to put the "your account" as a sign-up / log-in button next to the "cart" button so people can easily sign up or log in. 

1.3 Add ATC button:

PageFly_1-1619455245265.png

You can put a CTA button for the collection and link directly to the collection page so that it can be convenient for the visitors. 

1.4 Make the collection be consistent: 

PageFly_2-1619455493952.png

You should make the collection part be consistent by considering some points below: 

• Make the collection main image have the same height as the section so it will divide the section clearer. 
  • There is a big white space above the product's title. I recommend you move the title higher and add a CTA button under the price. 
  • Put a starred review for the product to gain trust. 
  • Have text align with each other.

1.5 Rearrange the order of the sections: 

PageFly_3-1619456221411.png

You can put the sign-up part to be at the bottom of the page before the footer. It is important for people to see and notice the important points from the very 1st moment. So I recommend you to put the "About us" part right after the hero banner and put more some descriptions cover the main points about your store on it. You can make the Blog part to be a whole section. 

1.6 Add testimonial - customer reviews

You can show rating stars for each product or you can add customer reviews as text and photos.

You can use Loox or Yotpo app to review widgets with photos gallery because both of them integrate with PageFly already. 

Or you can use a slideshow to show testimonials, let consult my Casen template. With the current testimonial right now, you can make it as auto slides and putting some images into that. 

PageFly_4-1619456789003.png

2. Collection page:

I choose the page offers to review: https://www.french-address.com/collections/timeless

PageFly_5-1619456979052.png

• Make a clear outline of the page by increasing the space with the edge of the screen.
  • Put the description for the collection, it is not easy to understand about the collection just from its name.
  • Put the "Sale" part right back to its product. Currently, it might confuse visitors which products are on sale. 
  • Add the CTA button for each product.
  • Using the Load more to show more products.

3. Product page: 

I choose the page offers to review: https://www.french-address.com/collections/timeless/products/french-glass-vase-carafe

Currently, your product page is quite good, especially when you put the ATC as a sticky button. However, you can consider putting the variants image of the products to be as a list under the main photo so it won't make the page longer. 

Also, I recommend you put the review section for the products. 

What helps you to build your store more easily is a page builder. It would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly. Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumb up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

PageFly.

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.
Survive 2021 with top secrets from e-commerce leaders
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
762 95 247

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @MVUILL,

Sorry to hear that your ad's haven't given you a return on your investment. When you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

I've taken a look through your store, it looks very professional, trustworthy and well organized, well done!

screencapture-french-address-2021-04-26-12_41_42.png

I would recommend adding at checkout is an estimated delivery time:

french-shipping.png

I would also recommend adding in a currency converter for your Canadian customers:

Overall, your store looks great. If I were to guess, I think you are likely not reaching your target audience within ads. Each social platform has a demographic of users that use it the most so I'd recommend establishing who you are trying to reach (if you haven't already) and advertise on the platforms where your target audience spends their time.

Another thing you can do is expand your sales channels and promote your products on Google Shopping using the AllFetch Google Shopping Feed app (it's free). It allows you to easily syncing your products from your Shopify store to the Google Merchant Center.

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

MVUILL
Excursionist
27 0 8

Thank you very much for this complete review @PageFly I'm going to work on all of these!

0 Likes
MVUILL
Excursionist
27 0 8

Thank you very much @EcomGeeks for your comments, I'll work on it!! 

CutOutWiz
Trailblazer
163 11 60

Hello @MVUILL 

Hope you are doing well.

I understand how it can be frustrating to be doing everything right but still not getting your traffic converted to sales. You may find comfort in knowing that you're not the only one on that boat. Millions of Shopify store owners are facing the same problem. This is not because you are necessarily doing something wrong, but rather because Sales is an organic process, involving people getting to know you, visiting your brand, looking at your products, comparing them with others, and finally making the decision to purchase from you. So this takes some time, during which you have to hold on tight. But, you can't be just passively waiting for sales to grow, so I would recommend you look at these tips and see which ones you can use: You have great faith in your online shop, but why aren’t visitors converting?

Another Thing you could consider: Not all traffic is good traffic.

Traffic will only have any chance of converting to sales if they are being generated by the right consumer. If your product is for females under the age of 30, but your ads are being viewed by males over 50, that is a lot of traffic, but it will never convert to sales. So, before you spend on targeting, a good idea is to have a simple Google Trends search, that will tell you who is looking for the products you search, what is their age, gender and location. Then you can put forward some really targeted ads that are bound to generate clicks.

Hope this helps you. If you find it useful, leave a like to let me know! Happy Selling! Thank you and the Very Best of Luck to you! 

If you found this helpful, leave a Like to let me know.
If this answers your question, please rate this as an accepted solution :)

M, from the Business Development Team of
Cutoutwiz