22 days in, no sales

Drogowit
2 0 0

Hi everyone, it's my first post!

I have started a shop ( www.dragaia.com ) on Shopify, on 1 of July this year. So far I have only made a single sale and that was through a friends network, and aside from that I only managed to send 2 sample packs for Instagram influencers and have them delivered. I have had 1200 or so visits, most of it via facebook/instagram ad tests.

Most of my traffic came from Poland, probably because I am a native Polish and advertised also for that market.

4 days ago I had a spike of 150 non-ad traffic, almost all of it came from Germany, with 8 visits split between United Kingdom, USA and China. Still no sales.

- I am selling items in € Euro, as I mainly target the European market. I wonder if that is one of the issues.

- I believe that I have a decent website. I am not sure what I should change as I am not objective on that.

- I consider adding translation of the website into Polish, and later possibly German, French and Spanish.

- I would like to expand to the USA. I can ship there, but it is not my main audience. I want to first grow in Europe.

- I am not sure if I have a right markup price. I consider the prices to be more than good for Western European market, and I provide attractive warranties for most of my products, even tho they technically are not applicable for refund policy (consumable beauty products).

[EDIT] I also want to get a camera, import some samples, and do the photos myself, but I need some time for that. [/EDIT]

I would greatly appreciate any feedback on the page.

Please, have a look, feel how the page works, and tell me what do you think is good and should be left, and what is bad and should be improved, changed or removed.

Sincerely,

Drogowit Pomorski

0 Likes

Hey, 

Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.

I like the products and website. In fact, it seems fast and I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However, I did find some improvements. First, I would change the navigation to be horizontal and at the top of the page. It's more intuitive for users that way. Also, when you click on Summer 2020 Collection there are no products. You should add your products to this page or a separate Products page rather than just have them on the Home page. Like you said, taking your own product photos would make a huge difference as it will make your site feel less like a dropshipping store and ultimately build more trust.

My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.

If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:

• taking a deep dive into your data: look at where your traffic comes from, what they do on site, why they might be dropping off
  • identifying metrics that and areas that could cause issue
  • working together to see what we can improve to bring up that conversion rate
  • at the end of the day you know your market the best, but I can help to provide key insights and a second opinion on what could be improved

If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email. 

If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.

Cheers,

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
Drogowit
2 0 0

Hey,
Thanks for the fast reply. Still waiting to see more opinions.

I have updated the Collection, it was incorrectly linked.

I wonder how to change the menu to horizontal one, as I cannot find an option for that. I am using Simple theme.

0 Likes

Sounds good. I see that you signed up for the app, let me know when and how you want me to reach out to you. 

As for the menu, you might have to switch to a different theme, I'm not sure if that one supports this feature. 

ui-gab
https://www.uiavenue.ca
We specialize in data analytics. If I've helped you today, please give our give our app a try (15-day free trial) https://apps.shopify.com/ui-ave-analytics and maybe write a good review.
Send me a message if you want a free data analysis consultation.
0 Likes
Gari
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hey @Drogowit 

Welcome to Shopify! I can understand how low sales can be frustrating. Here are a couple of suggestions to help you figure out which changes might have the maximum impact on the conversions - 

• run analytics to see where you're getting maximum traffic from - which sources. Then see at which point in the store are they dropping off the most. That'll give you an idea about what should be improved in your store - is it the catalog or checkout page etc.
  • The add to cart button is getting hidden behind the language and currency options. At all time the cart button should be prominent and clear to make sure users make the purchase. 
    BF5B68E1-0414-4C5E-B416-CAAA3F75C164_4_5005_c.jpeg
  • You have multiple Buy Now buttons. Errors like these make the site feel less trusted. Your shoppers might not want to proceed with the purchase if they don't know what to click on.
    B2C68BFC-F60B-4A64-AC46-0F81FD8BCC1C_4_5005_c.jpeg
  • you can look at adding some social proofing and urgency to the store by adding labels to your products. If you have a variety of labels you can help in nudging the shopper to make faster decisions while browsing. Shopify has some apps you can check for this purpose.

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Gari

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes