3 months and 0 orders ,feeling like a loser

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3

This was my first experience with Shopify and it was really easy to use, I built the site quickly and did some landscaping. For marketing, I opted for Instagram and Facebook ads, but neither worked well, I ran some several Facebook ads but got blocked a few times, which always threw off my advertising plans, despite being able to appeal successfully.

It's been over three months now and I still don't have a single order. I feel a bit bad and sometimes wonder if I'm not really the right person for the job, but at the moment I'm trying as many other marketing channels as I can, such as Pinterest, Youtube, TikTok, and so on.
This community is really a great place to communicate, I regret that I found it too late, my shop is withujewelry.com, I'd love some feedback from you guys, whatever it is, I'd be happy. Thank you in advance!!

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1455 74 248

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @momo6, I hope you are doing good! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add call to action button on the banner image like 'Shop Now'.

- Increase the visibility of the search box. 

Some marketing tools that you should add to engage your customers and drive more conversions:

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversion.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
33 2 10

Hey @momo6, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store! I feel your pain, it's really hard to keep on going if you don't make any progress. I reviewed your store and here's my suggestions:

First of your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. Yeah, sure ads increase your sales but if you have proper SEO your products will automatically show up in the search engine of potential customers who search the items related to your products and that's only possible if you have proper meta descriptions of your products.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps you achieve your goals. 

Good luck with the store.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @momo6,

You are not a loser, jewelry is a very saturated market which makes it extremely hard to rank for.

It looks to me like you are drop shipping these products (if you had pre-purchased the products I wouldn't recommend this) so I'd recommend switching things up. If you want to sell jewelry, you definitely can but look for a winning product/products. Ideally, you want something that is currently trending and/or isn't as widely available.

Once you have that, spend some time working on your SEO. This will give you organic (free) traffic. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
219 39 141

Hey there, @momo6!

Welcome to the Shopify community! Kudos for taking the leap into getting your store up and running. Even though you don’t have any sales yet, asking for honest feedback is an excellent way to turn that around. 

For starters, great job addressing one of the biggest stumbling blocks for website conversions - shipping! In a recent study from SAP they found that higher than expected shipping costs are the No. 1 cause for cart abandonment. So you’re already off to a great start by offering free shipping so that when you do have a customer who is ready to convert you won’t lose them to shipping cost concerns. 

First impressions

The first thing I noticed on your website was your logo. Although it’s a small detail, I found myself taking extra time to read the text in your order because the words all run together. Instead of reading it as “With U Jewelry” I initially read it as “Wit Bu Jewelry.” Although your logo isn’t a show stopper that would keep people from converting, it might be something worth adding to the to-do list for down the road. 

Because I took some time figuring out what your logo said, the pop up to get 15% off my first order came up before I could even browse the site. I would suggest increasing the time delay before visitors see this, or better yet, having it trigger once they get into a product page. 

After I cleared out the pop up, I looked at your main navigation. It’s nicely organized and makes it easy to see the products a visitor can expect to find on your store. 

Scrolling down your homepage, you have a beautiful hero image of the woman in the field of sunflowers, but it’s a missed opportunity to showcase your product inventory instead. Pick products that have a high margin for you so people see those first, giving you a chance to earn a sale on your most profitable products. Using a tool like Lucky Orange, you could use a scroll heatmap to see if the majority of your visitors are scrolling below your hero image to see the product inventory below. If you see visitors aren’t making it that far down the page, then move your featured products up above your hero image.

Navigation

As I mentioned before, nice job on a clean and easy to read main navigation. Digging into your product categories, I noticed you only have one product listed under bracelets. Since you have less inventory there, I’d consider moving the bracelets item in your navigation to the end of your products so people are less likely to click into a category without much content. 

Dynamic heatmaps are a great way to see which parts of your navigation are getting the most clicks from visitors. This can give you an idea of what people are most interested in, which you can then use to refine your paid campaigns on Facebook and Instagram, if you wanted to try running them again. 

Product pages

I noticed several of your product pages for your earrings have a nice visual with thumbnails below for additional product images. If you scroll below the payment options, there are additional images that only stack horizontally and fill one side of the page. If possible, I would add those to the thumbnails or even reduce the number of product images to only the most impactful ones. 

Your visitors might also be missing the product detail information where you currently have it placed. Consider moving it above your payment options so customers can see it before they add to cart. 

Your payment options are also taking up quite a bit of real estate on these pages. You could remove those and move them to your checkout pages instead where it’s more relevant to your customers during that stage of their journey. 

Currency conversion

Great job having currency conversion on your website! Having to manually do a currency conversion can be a barrier for shoppers if you’re targeting an international audience. Although you do have a currency conversion widget on your store, it wasn’t working for me when I tried to access it on a desktop using Chrome or on a mobile device using Safari. I’d check into that to make sure it’s still functioning correctly. 

Shipping and return policies

Shopper uncertainty about your shipping and return policies can be a common cause of cart abandonment and low conversion rates. But how do you know if that’s what's keeping your customers from making a purchase? You can use a session recording tool like Lucky Orange that allows you to watch what customers did after they browsed your product inventory or if they added to their cart but didn’t complete their purchase. If you see them reading your shipping and return policies and then leaving your site, that could be an indicator something in those policies is unclear or is a barrier to purchase. 

Social accounts

Kudos to having a presence across multiple social media platforms where your customers can learn more about your store. I did notice the link to your Instagram account isn’t working, so I would check into that. 

You’re off to a great start with your store. By digging in a little deeper to what visitors to your store are doing once they arrive so you can figure out how to turn those visitors into paying customers.  Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
399 42 134

Hi @momo6

Have seen your site and have some suggestions for you to improve your performance.

- You're having empty space right under your menu, fix that ASAP. 

On your banners, you need to have the CTA buttons and more than one photo. Other photos can be about one specific product. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1605233609594.png

- Bold the title and add Quickview buttons for products to allow your customers to see more product details faster. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1605233948329.png

- Your homepage now lacks some sections. I think you need to add:

+ One section tells about your business story.   

+ One section shows the key points of your business. 

+ Collections 

+ Instagram gallery

+ Reviews

I have seen your Instagram account and it has so much good content and many good product photos. So I think an Instagram gallery is a good way to show Instagram content. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create one with ease and also make it shoppable. 

- On your product pages, the left side is quite empty maybe you can consider editing it. 

ConveyLego0612_2-1605234495113.png

- One product pages, your need to add a Sticky Add to Cart bar and have more upsell and cross-sell methods. 

- If you want to provide your customers with PDF invoices, check this app Drag and Drop PDF Invoice. Free app and can create unique templates. 

- Try to collect more reviews ASAP, it can increase your social proof very fast. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling,  

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3
Thanks for the feedback and recommendation, I'll try to improve! Thank you
again!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3
Thank you! I have read all of your suggestions carefully and I will improve
my store based on them. The process may be difficult, but it shouldn't be
easy to give up. Thank you all again!
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
796 41 122

Hey, @momo6!

I'm sorry to hear you're having some trouble with sales at the moment. I've made some notes on your store, I'll list them below and you can decide if there is anything you'd like to action!

• I would recommend working on your product on descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress/Oberlo will spot the lack of product descriptions right away, and in doing so they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere. Even if your products are not from AliExpress or similar sites, a lack of product descriptions may make them seem to the customer like they are from these sites. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products need to speak for themselves.  Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format, you could try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need this product? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically. We also have an interesting article on our own Blog pages here that go over some examples of product descriptions! They may seem like small changes, but it's the little things that let a customer know that your store is trustworthy and your products are of high quality. 

• I noticed on your site that a lot of products on your homepage were on sale. This may give the customer the feeling that your products may not be of great quality, as they are all selling at a discounted rate. Customers are usually willing to pay for quality, this way they know what they are purchasing is worthwhile and will be a long-lasting investment. While discounts can be a great incentive to buy, too many discounts/sale prices can customers think your products are cheap. I'd recommend taking a look at this article about why discounts may be hurting your store. We also have a great blog post here about how to get the best out of the discounts you offer.

• I'd recommend adding a Contact Us page to your 'About Us' menu tab, and to the Quick Links section in your footer menu. We have a guide here on how to create a Contact Us page. A Contact Us page can be a very valuable asset, as customers can ask you questions before they buy/check with you for shipping updates. This will create some trust between you and the buyer, as they know they can get through to you easily!

• You also mentioned you were running some Facebook ads, that is great! Facebook is a huge marketplace, so it's great to get your name out there. One thing that’s super important to note is that if you’re going to be running Facebook ads, you should be continuously running a retargeting ad as well (which is why the Facebook pixel is so important). These retargeting ads are going to target people who have come to your site but have not made a purchase. So you have a unique opportunity to set something up to entice potential customers to actually come back to your store! Including an offer or discount in these ads is highly recommended as well. There is a great guide here on how retargeting ads work and how to layout your strategy. Not to weigh you down with too many article links, but I'd like to share this article here about identifying your audience so you can cater your advertising towards them. Just to make sure you're focusing your attention in the right direction!

• I'd also look into researching what kind of brand voice you'd like to have!  This website for example, Ór Jewellers, you can see a strong brand voice throughout the site. The product photography is great; it is clear, bright, has a focus on the product and is cropped to be a uniform size all through the site. The products have detailed descriptions on the history behind the pieces as well as information on returns and product care. This all falls in line with their brand voice; clean, modern designs with a rich history. This article from our Blogs will get you started with some inspiration!

These are just some notes from looking over your store, I can see a few other posters here had also added some good advice for you above as well, so I'm sure you have lots of suggestions to read through.

Let me know if there is anything further you'd like to chat about, happy to help!

Ava
Social Care | help.shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 3
Thank you for your advice, we are currently targeting the 18-35 years old
female, I know I have many shortcomings and I am slowly correcting them
based on the advice you all have given me, you have made me feel warm,
thank you again sincerely!