Hi everyone, i opened my shopify store 3 months ago and still haven't had a single sale yet. Ive had a couple of add to carts but that is all. Im advertising on instagram, facebook and google ads and getting plenty of visits, but i have no idea whats going on and im starting to get a bit deflated with it and id love some feedback to see where im going wrong.
My url is https://hartwoodpark.co.uk/
I can understand how it feels when there is no sales happening! But did you try considering to re-design your store? Maybe visitors are not happy with how they are being navigating in your store? Here are some suggestions with which you can give your store a whole new look and feel .. After all, its all about experimentation and coming up with best combinations in your store!
1. Your header menu just have 2 options - Home & Categories. Let's bifurcate your header menu and add more items to it. This way, users would know what all are the product offering just by looking at the header menu.
2. Your body section doesn't have a featured image or collections. Adding collections to your homepage in a carousel form allows users to see your top products!
3. Your theme looks really simple. Why don't you try customising it with custom fonts ; and your own logo? This gives authenticity to your store!
4. Your product page has a lot of images! It's good that you're showcasing products but why not give it an album view instead of uploading all the images and letting users click on images one by one!? Also, when i move my cursor to the images, they are not popping or bursting out .. this feature gives a whole new feel! Why don't you add it to your store?
6. Why don't you have a blog section? You have personalised gifts and accessories for your sellers, why don't you start talking about your products through blogs? This way, you'll be able to rank your store in the SERPs faster (Don't forget to include sitemaps)
7. Let's have a dedicated page of About Us section! Your store's story should be unique and convey solving a problem statement and not just a few paragraphs!
You can reach out me for any kind of customisation and opinions. We'll be happy to help you!
Hope it helps!
You're feedback has been really helpful and i'll start making the changes. I was reading another post about it being just a hobby at the moment as theres no sales and and at the moment its an expensive hobby lol oh well I've nothing to loose.
Let me know where you're stuck ! Perusing your hobby is like mountain climbing .. And I wish you best of luck ! :)
Ps. I'm just a message away!
Hope you're doing well.
Congratulations on your store. There are a few things that might be missing in your store but I have to say that you are definitely headed in the right direction design wise and with a few tweaks and turns you'll be able to achieve your desired results in no time.
Here are my few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you.
1. Firstly, I'd suggest you to add a main Hero image on your handing page. It completes the look of the website and also add a Call to Action button on the that image, for eg "Shop Now, Buy now", etc.
2. Clean up the design of your homepage and feature less product. Try to only feature the best of the best and make each product larger on the screen, so it's easier to see what you are selling. Having 2 by 2 or 3 by 3 layout would let you increase the size of each image and make it pop off the screen more. Right now you have a lot of collections on your homepage itself. I would suggest you to make a section in which you only feature the list of the collections (and not products) so that with one look the viewer knows EXACTLY what all you're selling and then they can directly go to their desired collection. This will reduce the drop rate.
3. Let the viewer connect with you on a personal level, like adding an about us page or a weekly blog showing articles on "how to use" or benefits of a particular product you have or even eventually feature people who have bought your product like your live instagram feed can be added on the bottom of the homepage, etc.
4. Connect yourself through Linkedin and Twitter - these are the gems of e-commerce store advertising. Add those to your footer as well.
5. Maybe even consider offering free shipping on your products. It is one of the biggest enticement for the viewer (even more than a discount). So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. I would like to recommend you one of the best apps for the same purpose - Superbar
6.Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store.
Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products and who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well.
And as for urgency -
For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute.
If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.
One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously.
Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.
I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.
Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you.
Thanks for the input, some great advice from both of you and ive made a start on my site and fingers crossed ill get some sales soon.
I'm glad you found my suggestions of use.
Let us know if you have any more questions about anything. More than happy to help!
Hello @Vader001 ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.