3rd Party Email Hosting

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi,

Just started a store on shopify. Still figuring out few things.

Domain is hosted by GoDaddy. I want to use external 3rd party email service provider. 

Changing the DNS IP address caused website to malfunction. 

GoDaddy said something about Mail Exchange setting with needs to be amended in Shopify. And I have NO clue what this all about.

Anyone here can assist or guide.Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
458 50 100

This is an accepted solution.

Hi @kumararaj70

Hyde here from Shopify. Great question!

When you connect a third-party domain to Shopify, it is still hosted by your provider and simply pointing traffic to your store.

This is why you need to edit your MX records with your provider to point to Shopify. We have a help document about that here, but if you're unsure of anything this is what you can tell GoDaddy support:
20-06-58nmq-66592

When it comes to email, Shopify doesn't provide email hosting and as the email host and domain are both external to Shopify, there's not really anything on Shopify's end that needs/can be changed.

Many domain providers (including GoDaddy) do, and you usually have to add a TXT record to your domain to help with that. The same may apply for whatever external email host you're using:

1. Log in to your email hosting account.
2. Find your TXT record, which usually appears beside the CNAME record and MX record.
3. Add Shopify's SPF record - `v=spf1 include:shops.shopify.com ~all` - to your domain's TXT record.
4. Save your changes.

We also have a hand help document about email forwarding here that you should definitely read. 

I hope this helps!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Hyde,

Thanks for the reply and suggestions. I had forwarded to my 3rd party service provider.

After few exchanges,the issue was resolved. Appreciate your help.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @kumararaj70 ,

If you're looking for a business grade email hosting solution for your Shopify store, I'm pleased to tell you that our app, Hosted Email, went live on Shopify today on the Shopify App Store (https://apps.shopify.com/hosted-email).  The app makes it easy to set up mailboxes @yourstore.com so you can stop sending customers email from addresses @gmail.com, @yahoo.com and other unprofessional-looking email providers.

We also offer excellent support, and we're happy to assist you with DNS settings whenever required.

We have provided professional hosted email for over a decade, with 20 years business experience in E-commerce specifically.  We are officially an approved reseller for one of the world's leading email platforms used by hundreds of thousands of businesses already, and our app utilises this trusted service, so you're on a very tried and tested platform with an excellent reputation.

If you'd like to now more please let me know.

Thanks

Mat

0 Likes