So I started running Facebook ads to my store, and from what I can tell, I'm getting very good metrics on the ad side. I've got a couple campaigns with <$3 per add to cart and others with $0.85 per click. However, none of this traffic is converting on my store. I have had 25 people add my product to their cart, but only 1 of them actually reached checkout. I know that something like 80% of carts get abandoned, but this is not typical, is it? I am very new to Facebook ads so maybe I just haven't nailed my targeting, but I'm starting to get desperate. Does anybody have any suggestions, or any critiques on my store? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to the solution
Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you.
The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:
By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. You will need to do some keyword research (I like Keywords Everywhere) to ensure you are using the same words that someone who was searching for your type of product would be typing into Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
When you mentioned that a lot of people were abandoning cart, I wanted to check that out to see if I noticed anything. It stood out to me that shipping was free which is great, no issue there. The only thing I noticed was that when I see the product (before I add it to cart), it gives me a price but no currency. It's not until I get to the checkout that I see the price is in USD. I am in Canada so the conversion here would make your product $90.78. I don't know if that's the issue, but just a thought to consider.
If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
This is an accepted solution.
Because people add products into their cart, I think your ads is working well. We should check if there's any problem in the checkout process.
- When I go to checkout and back to cart page, I found that the 2 buttons are equally important (Update cart button is even bigger than Check out), which is not very good for user experience, as it didn't indicate which action you want the shoppers to do
=> Try to make the Update cart button less prominent (White background with black text)
=> Also in this page, you can offer a small discount or any incentive for people who are hesitating
- Have you checked if there's any one who goes to the express checkout? Maybe some shoppers use the express checkout and your analytics counts it as cart abandonment?
Your store design is really good, it's professional and I feel your store is trust worthy. Just some few ideas to increase the chance that shoppers can add to cart:
- Add star rating (as social proof) in the product description
- Add 1 more BUY NOW button that leads shopper to check out page and make it prominent: ATC button with black text, white background; Buy now button with white text and black background
- Move the 'secure checkout' image closer to the buttons
- You can also try a 'floating' Buy now / Add to cart button: because the description is quite long, after reading all the description and review, the shoppers won't need to scroll all the way up but can click on the button and buy.
- Optimize the images to increase page speed: I found a list of oversized images here https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fsx19uezm7/rule/imageOptimization
We have a few recommended tools for image optimization here https://academy.pagefly.io/guide/page-speed-optimization/#01_Optimize_image_loading_times
To be honest, your store is great from the products to the design, just be patient and conduct some experiments to improve the site, you will get more sales, I believe that.
I hope you will get some ideas to optimize now. If they are, please like the answer.
Have a nice day and best of luck to you!
Hello @Relaxlie, the store looks good! here are a few suggestions:
- In the header menu instead of relaxlie add the 'collection' option or 'All products' option. Create a drop-down menu and add the product name. Make your store easy to navigate. I would like to tell you that adding a wide range of products helps you to get sales. Your store looks great if you can add more products that will be good.
- For some reason unknown to you, customers leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale. You can send them an in-email review form to collect more reviews. It can be a site review or product review and you can give loyalty points for leaving a review, signing up, allowing for push notifications which will help you to collect more and more reviews. This is how you can retain your customers and retarget them.
- Add these essential eCommerce marketing tools to maximize conversions in your store. Add loyalty program, web push notification, chatbot, reviews.
- Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.
Learn if you have Lots of Traffic But Low Sales
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.
We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.
Hi @Relaxlie welcome to Shopify community
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. Footer Menu: The footer is an important part of your website because it is displayed on each page. As per resources, some stores have observed up to a 50% increase in conversions when they optimized their website footer design with specific goals. So it can help in improving credibility to your store, and as a result in conversions by updating your footer menu with following details:
Website Navigation: The product catalog is broken down into different collections & categories, a simple call-to-action on customer support/forms that try to convert website visitors to newsletter subscribers.
Website Technical and Legal Information: Terms and Conditions, Refund and Return Policy,
FAQ: Answer some of the most common questions customers have related to your products, payment, shipping, return, and refund.
Security & Credibility: Showcase your awards, security certificates, and badges to demonstrate to visitors that your website is trustworthy.
2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.
3. Add a favicon to your website. It will help you strengthen your brand and to add a polished look to your website.
4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalised stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.
5. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!
Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.
I hope this helps!
Hey @Relaxlie, I hope you are doing fine!
I under how hard it can be when you don't enough sales but you should not get discouraged by it, instead you should try and make it work. After a brief inspception of your website here's my review:
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is small, organized and described it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which don't have any meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, their expert review will be really beneficial for your Shopify store as they point out almost every little detail about your store and how you can fix them to ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. Also, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Your store looks absolutely fine. Coming straight to the query, the reasons for lack of conversions can only be three. One is the irrelevant traffic and the other reason can be something related to the purchase process and the third reason is the typical cart abandonment due to other multiple factors. Besides tweaking your target audience of the Facebook ads, I would suggest work on your SEO as well gradually to lift the site up in the organic rankings. In the meanwhile, you can retarget your current Cart Abandoners through emails, cart reminders, and push notifications to give your conversion rate a boost. I can recommend you Abandoned Cart Recovery email by Care Cart from where you a strategize your retargeting reminders.
Also, add your social platform icons to your website header/footer and try to build an organic community on your Facebook and Instagram pages. Video content has the tendency to go viral and get exposure so try to have more product-based video content. Moreover, the Facebook Live feature has a huge reach and you can utilize that feature to demonstrate your product Live to your target audience. I wish you all the best for faster conversions.
Hi @Relaxlie !
Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.
If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.
I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.