First, thanks for taking time to read my message.
My online store has opened for 3 months. I have spent about US$200 for facebook advertising so far. I only have 405 online store sessions and 0.49% conversion. I feel so discouraging and do not know what is the issue. Here are some questions. Please kindly help.
- Are my products not attractive or competitive enough in the market?
- Something wrong about my facebook advertising content? Say may be I targeted the wrong audience?
Here is my store link (link to the private black friday sales).
Thanks for all the advise in advance.
Quick suggestion in regards to some of the incentives you have listed here:
Since you seem to be garnering a decent amount of traffic, maybe consider using theme Banners/Announcements to showcase the incentives above too create scarcity instead of giving all of them away immediately. Many stores also utilize a timed pop-up to showcase these incentives as well as grab E-mails for easy retargeting.
P.S. Really dig the charcoal hat.
Hey Gary (@apzc),
Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you.
First thing's first, I'm curious as to why you chose to do your ads on Facebook? When I look at your products and the ages of the models, it doesn't say Facebook to me. Instagram, yes, maybe TikTok as well. Whoever your target audience is, you want to advertise on the platform where they spend their time and that doesn't always mean that you have to spend $$ either, you can advertise organically by producing great content (ie. IG Reels, TikToks, YouTube). I see you have a lot of social pages, you are doing a lot right! I'd definitely spend some time on YouTube or Reels or whatever it may be and look for companies similar to yours that are killing it with their content and get inspiration from them.
Clothing is a very saturated market which makes it extremely hard to rank for. The good thing about your product though is that it is original, it looks like it was made with a lot of thought and care put into it. You will need to educate potential customers on your product. I can see you have that bit of text on your Knitwear page "The sweater knitting is all about artistic craftsmanship. Enjoy your luxury and functional sweater made with unique innovative and sustainable yarn." Kind of like that but take it a bit further.. upon landing on your site I see the price so you want your audience to know why it's priced this way - it's high quality, luxury, made with the best materials, etc. One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. This point leads me into my next suggestion which is..
Your SEO. The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!
PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:
They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.
(We do custom as well if that's something you are interest in)
Enjoy and sincerely wish you all the best with your sales :).
Hey @apzc, I hope you are doing fine!
I understand it's really hard to keep going when you don't get proper output. I have looked at your store here's my review:
Your store looks absolutely fantastic no doubt there, the home page and layout colors everything is great. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little organized and descriptive it will surely help customers to understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example.
In addition, I checked your website's On-Page SEO score on WooRank and it wasn't looking good. I'd strongly suggest you work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions and increased sales. As you mentioned you used Facebook Ads but I hardly think you'll find the proper audience there. I think you should try ads on Instagram, TikTok. But ads can be expensive you can easily do better with some SEO optimization.
I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion.
I hope this helps you achieve your goals.
Good luck with the store.
Have a nice day!
Hello @apzc, I hope you are doing well! Here are some inputs from my side:
- Viewport is too small. You need to work on that.
- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
- You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, sharing or following on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.
- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.
Hope this helps!
If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.