449 Visitors No Sales? Help Please!

OneNecessity
Tourist
11 0 0

Hello,

My website has been up for about 3 and a half weeks now, and i have gotten 449 visitors, but only one sale from my mom and another sale from my sisters friend. All the other people are mostly random people that have viewed my site, but they haven't bought. I am sharing my products on targeted youtube videos in the comments, which is generating 93% of all of my social referals. My other 3% is from instagram ( @OneNecessity ) and the final 4% is from natural SEO. I haven't paid for advertising at all, i don't have that much money, but i need my conversion rate to be higher. Help please! My website is onenecessity.com and my instagram is @OneNecessity if anyone can please check it out. Thanks!

Sincerely, 

One Necessity

0 Likes
Hyde
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
936 106 164

Hi @OneNecessity

Hyde here from Shopify. Conversions are the age-old question!

It is important to get your conversion rate up.  This is the ultimate goal of running a store, after all, to get people purchasing!

There are a lot of ways you might approach this and there is no one correct method for all stores and business types.

Given that, we’ve put together a whole section here on our blog that deals with optimizing your conversion rate. There’s one blog in particular here that deals with ways to increase your conversions that I would recommend.

I couldn't help but notice that you have a fairly broad offering on your store:
20-05-0y3gb-kyr7q

Current marketing advice and trends suggest that it is better that you focus on a niche area. In other words, you pick one or two related areas and focus on them. The logic behind this is simple: if people want a broad range of products to choose from, they will go to Amazon or eBay.

For your store to have a competitive edge, you first need to assert yourself as an authority in a particular area.There's a really good talk by Seth Godin here that I'd highly recommend:

It will always be up to you as the store owner to brand, market, and research for your business; though hopefully, the resources above will provide you with some leads to pursue.

If you would prefer to get some professional help with your marketing for your store you can consider hiring a Shopify Expert Marketer. Experts are professional service providers that have a track record of working with Shopify stores.

I hope this all helps!

All the best, Hyde. 

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1954 124 435

Hey One Necessity,

What a wonderful start! You have really invested a lot of effort in designing your store layout and niche. But, some basic elements are missing. To know them, look into the below-mentioned pointers: 

• "Professional Hero banner" is a must for better site layout.
  • Align all the "footer links" vertically for symmetric placement.
  • Add "social links" to increase customer association.
  • Add "Instagram Gallery" for better brand promotion.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

All the best!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.