My store has been active for about 3 weeks now, and i'm selling Cubic Zirconia jewellery.
It's currently profitable however I can't figure out why my conversion rate is so low.
So far it's had over 6,500 views, 540 checkouts initiated, but only 17 sales with a conversion rate of 0.23%.
I would love to figure out why my conversion rates are so low considering the amount of traffic and add to carts it's had.
I'm currently promoting it via TikTok influencers. You can check out the ad that I recently ran here:
If you have any insights as to why this is, I'd love to hear what you've got to say.
You can check out my store here: https://theicepunk.com/
Thanks, Andrew :)
Hello @TheIcePunk ,
I've taken a look at your store. Nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. Your store's header menu is not looking professional.
You should add the main menu in the header section which consists of Home, different collections, About Us/Contact Us (optional) links so that from any page it's easy to navigate to other sections. Currently from a product/collection page, we have to come back to Home page by clicking the logo and then go to any other section.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section in the Home page to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. Add Contact Us page with a form for better customer interaction.
5. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
6. Add social media for the store to increase the traffic
8. Use the same font for the whole website.
9. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
10. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
11. Add more payment options which will be convenient for the customer to purchase products.
12. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.
I also did a flare check on your site. You have only 5 results indexed by Google. But your website has 39+ pages. Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
This is Maria from AskBeat. I have gone through your store and here is some feedback on how you could potentially increase your conversion rate:
1. It's of great importance to add contact options for your store customers, e.g. a contact form or chat support. What if a customer has a question about a product? What if a customer has a question about their order? You should have your contact information at hand for the customers to ask questions or clarifications. There is a contact email in your Terms document, which is not prominent. Having prominent contact information on your website, creates a sense of credibility and trust for potential customers. And always reply from a @theicepunk.com email address, avoid using gmail, yahoo etc email addresses.
2. It would also be of help to show customers the shipping costs, before checkout and before them having to enter all their personal information. Research has shown that "shipping costs not showing until checkout" is no.1 reason for abandoning carts.
3. The next thing has to do with the refund policy and is certainly a business decision of yours. In your refund policy, you mention "To be eligible for a return, you must be able to prove that your item contains defects from manufacturing. We do not offer a refund for change of mind purchases". So, there is no return policy. Let me elaborate on this. For example, I am located in the EU, where by law, customers can return anything bought online within 14 days of order receipt, without having to mention a reason why. Having this in mind, I would be reluctant to buy something that I cannot return and get fully refunded, in case for example I don't like it or if it's not exactly what I had in mind.
5. Last but not least, what about delivery times and order tracking? They should be shown somewhere... People want to know when they should expect to receive their order. Maybe you could add your above mentioned policies in the footer of your store, along with delivery times and a tracking page.
Consider adding a pop-up survey (e.g. NPS survey) app to your store and gather real-time feedback from your customers and insights on what they think of your store and if they would recommend it.
Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
Not all traffic is equal - just because someone clicks to your website from Facebook or Google doesn't mean they will buy - or that they will buy right away. Make sure to get clicks in terms of building awareness for your brand, but then focus on converting those who clicked and viewed your product into buyers. You do it through retargeting ads and email marketing.
Here's a detailed guide on how to design a winning PPC ad funnel: https://www.socialmediaexaminer.com/facebook-ad-funnels-framework-charlie-lawrence/
I recommend optimizing the sliding images - add a short tagline to each image [3-4 words] describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what the product is:
Make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.
Footer - consider adding a navigation menu here as well. It’s a great way to improve your user-experience [part of SEO], so people can navigate your website smoothly without the need to scroll up and down all the time:
Consider also adding a size guide for picking the right ring size - people might not know the right size for them, so adding it will help you boost your conversion rate.
If you'd like more detailed critique, request your free audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/
Here are a few guides that might help:
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
I took a look at conversion rate and the TikTok video, and have noticed two things that are stopping your conversion rate.
-First is the TikTok video. The fact that you decided to show the crosses there, makes it seem like you only sell crosses, but you have other great jewelry as well. That is why the traffic that is brought by TikTok are most likely people that are searching crosses. No doubt they will most likely convert, but you are missing the rest of the audience, that could be interested in the rest of the products on your site. I would recommend presenting two different items, a cross and a ring maybe.
-Another concern is the checkout page. It looks like you are losing people there. I recommend adding a Buy Now button. As for now you have the mobile UY with PP button, but for some people it might not be the option.
Besides those two major issues, I recommend working on the site more.
-Do not offer products for 0 USD, it will devalue them and also it is not a very trustworthy thing to do.
-Make the hero banner slightly larger to actually show the pieces and to use the empty space underneath.
-Optimize the mobile version of the site. Even though a lot of people are now home and have their laptops to them all the time, customers from Social Media use Mobiles
-Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
Thanks for sharing @MansionEcom ,
Thanks for taking the time to check out my store and provide feedback :)
I'm trying to go with a store design that is a minimalist as possible because in the past i've had store with many other pages and people ultimately just got lost.
By keeping it simple people have 2 options, buy or leave, which makes remarking really easy. In saying that I now understand the importance of providing clear info to customers before they buy so i'll be sure to make the changes you've suggested.
Really appreciate your help on this,I'll implement the suggestions you've made and see how it goes.