5sec wait time before loading

patpatpat13
6 0 0

Hello.

I am trying to work on my shopify loading times.

I've just run pingdom and the results are SO WEIRD.

There is a 5 second wait time before my store even start loading. Does that mean the fault is at shopify side?

What can I do to remedy this situation? Thanks.

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 121

Hello, @patpatpat13!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! Can you share with me your shop URL so I can take a look for you? Usually when there is a waiting time or slow load it has to do with storefront pop-ups, large images with a high resolution, too many images or graphics. I can take a look at your storefront for you and let you know what my findings are.

Looking forward to hearing back from you!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
patpatpat13
6 0 0

The url is hypesheriff.com

The delay happens before anything starts to load. 

You can see it in the pingdom test here:

https://i.imgur.com/gbeQg18.png

0 Likes
Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 121

Hey, @patpatpat13!

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly. When I view your website, it actually loads immediately for me with next to no loading time. That being said, 5 seconds is actually a decent loading time - you wouldn't need to worry about a loading time unless it goes upwards towards 60 seconds. Loading times depend on the viewers browser and how that browser handles the size of the page and the amount of time for all the requests made to third parties to resolve. The only way to quicken a loading time would be to make fewer requests by removing functions that are not actively helping them to make sales. Requests would be strains like apps, large images, image resolutions, animations etc., 

If you're finding that your storefront is taking a long time to load then this can be an issue with your theme as well. You could always reach out to your theme developers and have them dig into this for you. 

I hope this has helped answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
patpatpat13
6 0 0

Thank you @Karlie 

The issue is that the 5 seconds wait is actually before the website starts to load. You can see that all the scripts and images start to load AFTER those 5 seconds. That indicates that the issue is somewhere else.

Another factor is that the wait time is really inconsistent. Sometimes it's 5 seconds or 2 or 10. No scripts or images are loaded in this period of time.

This issue happens for more than a month. I made sure it happens on all browsers, on different internet connections and on all devices. 

Pingdom says the waittime comes from https://monorail-edge.shopifycloud.com

0 Likes