60+ Visitors a day to my shop NO SALES??

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 42

Hi, Jennifer! 

Thanks for reaching back out. A bounce rate as low as 34 is great! Around 50% is average and expected for ecommerce. If the difference between 34/70 is based off of where the visitor came from, you may want to consider the audiences you target via each channel and compare the more successful bounce rate, with the channels with the worse bounce rate. Once compared, you can adjust the channels demographic that needs work accordingly. 

Similarly, if the bounce rate differential is based off of time periods, rather than source, I recommend taking a look back over those months and evaluating how you were marketing and where. This will show you some of your more impactful/successful marketing ventures that you can replicate in the future for more engaged visits.

In terms of SEO, because you have decent traffic to your site I wouldn't necessarily recommend hiring an SEO expert at this time. I think tapping into the reason why current customers aren't purchasing might be a better route to go for now. Whether this is with changes such as adding the option for samples, like mentioned earlier, or creating exciting/viral content to make buyers excited and interested. I don't think you need to hire someone at this point as there are lots of untapped/free avenues to work with first. 

Lastly, another idea that has come to mind is adding video to your home page. Your home page is very image focussed and while they are very high quality images, the site may come across as "static". I encourage you to experiment with ways to embed movement. This could help entice visitors! 

Adding a cool video like this could be an idea, to help show off your extensions! (Gives off a more human/ less corporate approach) 

This should get you going in the right direction, but let me know if you have any questions! 

Morgan 

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
19 0 1

HI, and thank you for your reply. I am wondering if I need to take a closer look at my website to see if I could make some changes that could cause sales, for example, the sample idea. Still, I'm wondering if I had simply more traffic, but you feel that the 100 visitors a day is good...The bounce rate and return rate is all from organic traffic.

I'm confused about which way to take this. Website or SEO. I'm going to continue to improve the site with a sample product and video on the landing page, those are simply great ideas. 

Jennifer

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
156 3 24

Hi Jennifer,

First of all, I must say I think you made a very good job on your website. I like the clean design and the fact you chose to concetrate on a specific path, this is right way to do it!

Therefore I don't believe that the issues of not getting sales are related solely to the website. 

It might be that you're not advertising enough or not doing that correctly. I think generating relevant traffic is the number ONE problem of every new Ecommerce store.

You might want to try AdScale to help you with your advertising campaigns. It's a Shopify app that automatically creates and manage advertising campaigns for your store, using advanced AI technology.

What's unique about this app is that it use insights from milions of active campaigns in order to create a very accurate audience targeting that is tailored to your store and products.

You can learn more about it in this link: ecom.adscale.com

Hope it helps!

Smart advertising campaigns across Google and Facebook, using advanced AI technology. https://ecom.adscale.com/shopify
0 Likes
Tourist
12 0 1

Yes, I have an idea, did you try Pinterest?

Why do I talk about PINTEREST?

• 150 million monthly active users on Pinterest?
  • 93% of those Pinners use the platform to plan out their future purchases
  • 87% of people on Pinterest have purchased a product because they saw it on Pinterest
  • A Facebook post is in newsfeeds for just a few hours. But what about a pin? MONTHS (yep, even years!)

You may try Pinterest for 2-3months, if you got followers then you may get the sale.

Thanks 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
19 0 0

Amazingly thorough critique Maggie! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
435 19 51

You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. Abandoned cart emails are easy to create, and go a great length to pull back reluctant customers. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart. Discounts are easy to create. Simply decide on the amount, generate a discount code, and leave it in the abandoned cart email. Feel free to discuss more in detail.
Try using AiTrillion.com for sending push notification and automatic emails when someone abandoned the cart. It is an integrated app with more than 8+ customer touchpoints.

Want to maximize your engagement and sales?
Visit AiTrillion.com
0 Likes