60 views a day and no conversions!

1 0 0

Hey guys, 

I've been running this site for around 5 days now and have got the site up to 50-60 views a day.

The trouble being I have an awful bounce rate of around 84% and the people that do hang around don't convert.

If any of you would be willing to check out my website and let me know what I'm doing wrong, that would be amazing. - www.teeple.shop

Thanks! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
33 0 4

Hi Jack!

Parker here form the Guru Team :)
I wasn't able to view a store at www.teeple.shop, however I can certainly understand how disheartening it is to see a high bounce rate. 
For those who don't know, Bounce rate, expressed as a percentage, refers to the amount of people that leave your site having only viewed one single page. This is usually an indication that they were confused or that they didn't find what they were looking for. Understanding which pages have the highest bounce rate can help you understand the pages that need to be looked at more closely.

Taking a look at who is coming to your site and from where (Are they a female who landed from Instagram?) will be invaluable data to better understand areas of your site that need improvements.

It could be something as simple as creating a simple ans inviting Call to Action, to easily direct your customer as to what they are supposed to do. 
Here is a great blog post to help create one!

7 Inspiring Ecommerce Call to Action Examples and Why They Work
Try to keep everything above the fold if you can. The “fold” of a storefront is the point on any website that comes after scrolling down. Any content above the fold is what visitors immediately see upon entering your store.

If you need help connecting that domain, head over to Online Store > Domains and follow the steps in this help doc. If you need any help with marketing strategies, or help assessing what you've built out, I'd be more than willing to help identify the best next steps to reducing bounce rate and increasing your conversion rate.

1 Like