I came across to shopify due to Etsy raising fees substantially but it looks like a total waste of time.
Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time marketing my shopify store but I thought I'd be getting a least a few more hits via google. Am I doing something wrong? Any feedback welcome
Also I'm almost certain most of those sessions are from Australia...my very own...hardly a look in from overseas
Hey Planet Opal,
"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate:
I hope the above points are helpful!
It's unfortunate to see that your store is not performing well. I can give you some suggestions to improve the look and feel of your store. But to bring in more traffic, you can hire a marketing professional and try running ads and doing some outreach. Once the website is optimized and the right kind of audience is driven to your website, you should hopefully see some improvements in your traffic.
1. Do have a proper home page instead of directly showing products. Have nice banner images and maybe a video.
You can talk about the quality and authenticity of your products. You can speak about what makes them special and where are they are sourced from.
2. You can show the most popular products from all of your collections on your home page while the whole list can be viewed on a separate page
4. Make it easy for people who wish to buy your product but have some doubts to reach out to you easily. You can have a contact us form on your website or even have chat widgets like Drift and Intercom.
4. Add a logo to your website, it makes it more appealing. Also, add a favicon (the tiny logo which appears on the browser tab)
5. Keep the background of your page white. The current color looks very dull and makes the website a lot less appealing
You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can apply labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new on your product images using this app. Labels would help you highlight certain products and let your customers choose products quicker.
App Link: https://bit.ly/2zKfeF5
Cheers, and wish you all the best and I hope you are able to bounce back and start selling soon.