7 weeks old = 44 Sessions. No sales or enquiries. Ready to shelve it

Highlighted
1 0 0

https://planetopal.myshopify.com/

I came across to shopify due to Etsy raising  fees substantially but it looks like a total waste of time.

Admittedly I haven't spent a lot of time marketing my shopify store but I thought I'd be getting a least a few more hits via google. Am I doing something wrong? Any feedback welcome

Also I'm almost certain most of those sessions are from Australia...my very own...hardly a look in from overseas

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Planet Opal,

"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate:

• Add a "hero banner" to make the homepage look more professional.
  • "Terms and Conditions" should be added to the footer for better site authenticity.
  • A "favicon" will facilitate unique site identification.
  • You can improve your "logo" a little more by adding some graphics to it.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope the above points are helpful!
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Planetopal,

It's unfortunate to see that your store is not performing well. I can give you some suggestions to improve the look and feel of your store. But to bring in more traffic, you can hire a marketing professional and try running ads and doing some outreach. Once the website is optimized and the right kind of audience is driven to your website, you should hopefully see some improvements in your traffic.

1. Do have a proper home page instead of directly showing products. Have nice banner images and maybe a video.
You can talk about the quality and authenticity of your products. You can speak about what makes them special and where are they are sourced from.
2. You can show the most popular products from all of your collections on your home page while the whole list can be viewed on a separate page
3. It would be good to add some necessary pages like contact us, about us, privacy policy, terms and conditions & return and shipment policy.
4. Make it easy for people who wish to buy your product but have some doubts to reach out to you easily. You can have a contact us form on your website or even have chat widgets like Drift and Intercom.
4. Add a logo to your website, it makes it more appealing. Also, add a favicon (the tiny logo which appears on the browser tab)
5. Keep the background of your page white. The current color looks very dull and makes the website a lot less appealing

You can also check out the app I recently launched. You can apply labels such as trending, bestseller, sale, new on your product images using this app. Labels would help you highlight certain products and let your customers choose products quicker.
App Link: https://bit.ly/2zKfeF5

Cheers, and wish you all the best and I hope you are able to bounce back and start selling soon.

Vignesh
ModeMagic

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Install ModeMagic - Product Labels & Badges for your store
Featured on Shopify App Store
0 Likes