725 unique visitors, ZERO SALES - Need help

Tourist
42 0 3

Hey everyone!

My site is www.gameflix.co.uk

We've gotten 725 uniques in about 5 weeks, yet we have no sales at all, we use Instagram (5k followers), Twitter and Facebook to push traffic to our site. (No PPC) We get a lot of direct hits aswell probably from these sources. We try to connect with UK gamers on those platforms so I don't think the issue is here but it might be.

Maybe it's something to do with the design of my site? Or maybe something else? Please give me honest feedback as I really want to improve and fix anything that's wrong.

Thanks very much for your time,

Sunil

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 3

Your site takes way to long to load. Most people will click off if it takes more than 3 seconds. Your images are beautiful but slowling you down. You only need 150 dpi for web. It will still look sharp but be faster. Upload smaller file size images. 

1 Like
Tourist
42 0 3

Thanks very much for your advice, It was loading fast on my phone but I guess that because those images were already saved in my temporary files or something, I tried it on another phone and it took ages to load.

So I made those changes to the images you said, and managed to reduce the total size of all images on my homepage from 25.35MB down to only 1.34MB !!!! Insane! Hopefully that makes it load a lot faster! 

0 Likes
Tourist
42 0 3

Could you please check if it's loading fast enough now? It's still taking about 4-5 seconds to load on my end :( 

0 Likes
Tourist
10 0 3

Oh good im glad you got it figured out. I hope it helps. Will you please take a peek at my store and give me feedback?

I am slo getting 700 visitors a day an no sales. I think maybe they arent the right visitors? Maybe not my target audience?

Thanks,

Tracy

www.blackwolfsiren.com

1 Like
Tourist
10 0 3

It is lightning fast now on my mobile. l will check pc when i get to work. Looking good :)

1 Like
Highlighted

Hey Sunil,

a few suggestions: 

1. Rework the top navigation for Desktop, it's a bit missaligned. The secondary menu that drops down on hover is content focused on the left. This means when a user moves the mouse to select an item from that secondary menu, he/she might hover over another primary menu item and the secondary menu will be rerender for that top menu. It's annoying.
  2. If you already have at least few sales, encourage your customers to leave a review for the purchase. They can describe the product, but it would be better if they would describe the positive experience they had with your store, customer service, support, etc. Your store needs more social validation. Visitors need to see that others are purchasing from you. 
  3. I've noticed that you offer Free Shipping to Europe, regardless of the items, that's a bit far fetched to believe considering you sell chairs and gaming stations. If you are indeed able to ship free of charge, perhaps focus on that make it more proeminent and describe how can you ship such hefty items for free. This would make your marketing more trustworthy. 

Hope this helps!

Alex Dereveanco | CMO @ visely.io
- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
- To learn more about the awesome stuff we do head over to visely.io or our blog
1 Like
Tourist
42 0 3

Sure it could be that they're not the right audience, you'd want to Target a specific I'm guessing youngish people into emo/punk stuff (I'm not sure what youd call it) and in areas that you can easily ship to like America or Canada I'm guessing. And basically you want to create like 5 different versions of this kind of audience and then you'd run them with a few dollars a day maybe 5 Max and see how they do after a few days, cut the ones that don't work and try and come up with small little changes for the ones that do and test those to see which one is the best performing. This is all for fb ads btw.

Other than audience, if you're getting lots of add to cart but not many sales it could be a trust thing, to improve that I would work on your design a little, I appreciate having a black background may be best for you, but please keep in mind some huge drawbacks, for example you have white image borders around your pillows and mugs

0 Likes
Tourist
42 0 3

So yes these white borders on those two I'm sure you did it because it's hard to show the product against a black border, but that's one of the huge problems of having a black border. How many sites that you use regularly have a black background I can't think of many e-commerce site, look at stores in your niche that are doing really well and if they have a colored or black background then keep it otherwise if they use white I'd recommend you make the switch to white. The human eye also finds it a lot easier to read black text above white background than the other way round too. The logo needs a bit of work as the contrasting is a bit off too, if you squint your eyes a lot you'll find it is hard to make out what your logo says, that's a problem, for something to be read easily there needs to be contrast to get what you want to be read to stand out, I don't think the logo stands out among the black backdrop well. But it's just my 2 cents and I wish you the best of luck. It's definitely an awesome store with great products, if those product images are your own which I think they are then that's really impressive :)

0 Likes