90% abadoned cart rate, what am I doing wrong? My store is selling airpods. My abandoned cart rate

Highlighted
1 0 0

My store is selling airpods. My abandoned cart rate is extremely high. I have international shipping and offer stripe as payment methods.

Any idea how i can lower this rate? What am I doing wrong? My Store is: https://bit.ly/2T8mG4m

Thanks. Regards.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1790 28 194

Hello,

I just had look into your website.

-> You have less niche.

-> Have you regularly promoted your products through social media pages like Facebook and Instagram? I am unable to find it.

I suggest you can use Facebook Marketing and Instagram marketing.
In Facebook Marketing
-> Optimize Your Profile Picture and Cover Photo of your company logo with high resolustion.
-> Fill Out Your Facebook Bio.
-> Set a Consistent Posting Schedule.
-> Schedule Your Posts at the Optimum Time.
-> Use Video To Attract Your Audience and Target The Right Audience Using Facebook's In-App Targeting Features.
Instagram Marketing
-> Instagram business profiles allow your team to optimize your profile, add contact information and your website into the bio section making it much easier for your audience to interact and connect with you.
-> Keep your Instagram profile uniform by keeping your photos within one color scheme. And Use #tags, Hashtags are a big part of Instagram's posts because it allows photos and video content to become searchable on the channel.
-> And i suggest you can use Instagram Stories To Stand Out In The App.

Thanks,

Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1266 74 272

Hey Blknoir,

Cart abandonment rate of any store is highly dependent upon the store maintanence and presentation. If the first impression of the store is not good it tends to change the customer decision of purchasing a product. My suggestions for store improvement are as follows:

1. Search bar is not visible on the homepage.
  2. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  3. Social links need to be added for better customer association.
  4. Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  5. Reviews need to be added below each product to help the customer decide better.
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the abandoned cart rate is under control very soon.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Blknoir, 
I took a look at your website. It is quite professional! Here are some suggestions for you to reduce the cart abandonment and get more sales:
1. Product page:

Show the trust signals by adding the customer reviews section on each product page. 

2. About us page:

Add more images, video or text to tell your business story and reasons why customers should buy your product.

3. Improve your page loading speed 
I have just checked your page speed using Google Page Speed Insight, and find it quite low on both mobile and laptop devices. You can look at the opportunities section to see these suggestions for improve page loading aaa.png

I hope these above feedbacks will helpful for your store!

Quang Nguyen | Front-end Dev @ PageFly
- Click 'Like' to let me know you like my answer!
- Are you having problems building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder whose goal is to empower anyone to build a perfect store.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Dear blknoir,

We have gone through it. We found the below problem

A currency switch problem,

example: If i log on to your store it showing each product price as per our local currency but when we go for checkout process after selecting product showing us in DOLLAR.

If you need with this, we can work with you, check out our website here: https://www.task4store.com/

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer
Get Shopify Help | Get Free Store Audit Report
20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
125 4 13

Hello blknoir,

have you checked your analytics? are you getting a lot of traffic? where are they dropping off? Let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
70 2 1

Hi @blknoir 

I really enjoy the look of your website, especially all black products is very appealing to me. I like that you have an interactive site with a nice video demonstration as well. One recommendation I would have is adding alternative payment methods such as a buy now, pay later option. I work for Klarna and about 90% of retailers are looking into installment options because about 67% of millennials don't have credit cards and often add items to their cart but abandon them. This installment option allows the customer to pay 25% at time of purchase and then spreads the remaining payments out over time with no interest. We are seeing after offering this option on the website that our retailers are seeing an increase of 25% in reduction in shopping cart abandonments. We also pay you in full upfront and manage all the risks of any chargebacks or fraud.  Here is a little more information about Klarna and we easily integrate with Shopify so you can get started today. There is also no setup, annual or monthly fee to get started as well. 

https://www.klarna.com/us/business/get-started/

Hope this is helpful!

Samantha

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Your on-page optimization is perfect. There is literally nothing wrong with your website.

You need to market your product aggressively on Facebook and Instagram.

Initially, every product needs to marketed aggressively to bring it to the fore of the niche in which it is supposed to be sold.

0 Likes
Excursionist
125 4 13

I agree with TerranceM  -  Instagram would be my platform of choice base on your product.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
780 34 101

Hey @blknoir ,

1. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It's a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

2. Start a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

3. You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store.  It helps in increasing sales.

4. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

If you would like to implement all these on your store I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com. It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes