97% Abandonment Rate, Can you spot the problem (Stats included)

Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi there,

I need some help here. I've been reading through all the post of optimizing the checkout process and I've implemented a bunch of the recommended best practices but for some reason I still have a ridiculously high cart abandonment rate. 

I would really appreciate it if some of you knowledgeable folks out here could look at my site and the attached stats and see if you can figure out what the problem is.  

The store is: https://rebrand.ly/custo3942

The traffic is fairly diversified between social, ppc search engine and direct

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
113 0 25

Hey Dom! 

Your store looks great. You're probably already doing abandoned cart emails, but if not, give those a try. There's not a lot you can do once your customer enters the checkout funnel because it's all hosted on Shopify. But make sure you're not hitting the users with any surprises like high shipping, slow shipping times, etc. 

The one thing I think might be worth experimenting with is your pricing. Your products look like Converse, but I don't know if they'll be as good as my regular chucks. Because of that, I'm not sure about paying $60 for them when I can get Converse for around the same price. And the customs are actually more expensive than a customized pair of Converse. If you have some room to reduce your pricing to around $50, I think it could increase your conversions quite a bit. 

Good luck! 

Turn your Shopify traffic into sales. Check out https://neatab.com/?f
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi NeatShift,

Thank you for the response.

Yes, I've got abandoned cart emails going out and are offering free shipping on all orders. 

Unfortuantley, I simply don't have the margins to drop the price any further. Ideally I would like to sell at $70 + Free shipping but I've temporarily lowered the price to see if it would improve conversions.

Any other ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
48 0 3

Dom,

The stat picture above is great, but I think need to look at visitors behaviour in details. When it comes to discovering the customers behaviors I use Hotjar service

Cheers,

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Thanks Antony. I am using Lucky orange and unfortunatley don't see anything amiss. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
113 0 25

Hey Dom, 

If you can't lower your price, you could try to concentrate on selling your designs. Are you designing them yourself or do you work with an artist? Make that front and center. Explain that these are exclusive designs they can't find anywhere else. If you show off your designs' exclusivity, it makes the customer more willing to pay a premium. 

Turn your Shopify traffic into sales. Check out https://neatab.com/?f
0 Likes
12 0 0

It's a cool shop. What is your main product/differentiator? Is it the customs? If so, I would push that "custom your kiks" infographic/asset up to the top (above the fold) of your site instead of seeing a much of discount country shoes. It may interest people more and spend some time creating their own. 

I didn't want to start the process but are customers allowed to save their designs for future? If so, you could email them their design if they abandon it. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
81 0 4

Dom,

It is a good sign when visitors place items in the cart. I think you need to publish some information like shipping options and cost in the shipping policy and not let people find them out during the checkout. That can explain some abandoned carts and checkouts. Same goes for paymenrt options. If you don't have the right option available a potential buyer may leave at that point. I would also allow buyers to create an account for future use.

S

Helping sellers convert!
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

Hi NeatShift,

Thank you for the suggestions. Yes, all the designs are designed by me or my artist. I will take your suggestion and try and feature this. 

Hi Amy,

The main differentiator is the designs. Right now the design your own shoe is a manual process in which we must communicate with the customer after the order is made to come up with the design. We are working on developing an interactive online designer and I will keep your suggestions in mind for it. 

Hi S,

Good points, I will look into making those changes.

0 Likes