First of all, thank you in advance for the time you have taken to respond to this post. It really is appreciated.
So my website is https://www.fairytalefavours.co.uk/ and I've been live for about two weeks now receiving 1500 views from marketing on facebook, pinterest and etsy. Over 100 views daily and I have only received one sale! Its costing me a fortune to keep up the marketing but if I don't have it, no one will view my store!
Please can you view my store and give me any pointers for me to improve my conversion rate. Any advice is good no matter how constructive
Hey, @HarryRoe! Congratulation on starting your business with Shopify. I'd be happy to offer up some feedback on your store:
I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'SHOP' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot!
Here are a few suggestions that I have for you on how you can improve the overall look of your store. When it comes to selling handmade goods, you want to identify the type of audience you want to attract (age, gender, interests, and even location). From there, you can lay down the groundwork for creating a reputable and attractive brand to your ideal audience.
If you are unsure what exactly the definition of a brand is or how you can build a brand from scratch, this article is a must. It is going to teach you how to build your own brand in 7 actionable steps. Setting aside an afternoon or evening to jot down some high-level details on this subject will go a long way. It will help you create a blueprint that will ultimately drive all your future business decisions.
Once you feel like you have clearly defined your brand goals - I recommend checking out this article called "What is a Buyer Persona". This will allow you to portray your brand in a way that resonates with your ideal audience. This will entice them to buy from your business. This is another exercise that if you just take a few hours out of your time to commit to, it's going to be extremely helpful.
Once that gets taken care of, you can begin analyzing your website's functionality, design, and discoverability (SEO, advertising, etc) to make the experience better for your visitors. You can take what you've learned in the previous 2 exercises to help drive these decisions. I recommend checking out our Shopify design articles to get inspiration and ideas on how to build a great looking webpage with Shopify. Homepage Design 101 is a recommended resource to check out! Having a great color palette for your brand and website is important too. This tool is a great way to find complementary colors that pair well together.
If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.
Hope this helps. Best of luck.
Thank you for this feedback it’s was really helpful. Please can you let me know about the following points:
1. The lighting for photos was the hardest thing by far for me and a big challenge. I bought a light box / tried natural light and after editing they are still low lit! Not sure how to achieve this really.
2. great idea, do you know how to change the products to 2-3 per column?
3. I will make this change today thank you
4. again great idea and will work taking pics in different scenarios.
5. this sounds good but can you elaborate on what a maybe badge icon is please? Not quite sure how to achieve this.
thank you in advance
Right now I can only point out things I see, but it literally could be anything and it doesn't necessarily have to be with the design of your website.
In fact, I quite like your website. It seems fast, the items all work together. I went through the purchase steps, without buying anything and it works well. However, I have a few suggestions. Make sure that all of your images are clear and high resolution. Some of the ones in the hero carousel are a bit blurry. I also encourage you to move the About Us section to its own separate page and to elaborate more on it. You can also move the Testimonials section and turn it into reviews on each individual product page. People are more likely to be influenced by it on this page since this is where they add the product to their cart. All of this should build more trust with your visitors.
My advice is to start tracking your data and then make the changes and see if it impacts your metrics. You need to look at it from different perspectives, not just conversion rate, but bounce rate, time on page, cart abandonment rate, and product detail view rate at the minimum to understand what can be improved. We could look at where the traffic comes from and why.
If you would like, I can provide a free analytics consultation which involves:
If you are interested in working with me and getting some consultation just send me your email in a private message and we can work together more efficiently via email.
If you have any questions, I'm open to being fully transparent. I'm really just looking for some positive reviews for my app.
Hi @HarryRoe !
Welcome to Shopify and congrats on your store!
1. Add a favicon
2. I recommend to make the logo smaller and move it to the left side of the header.
3. Hero banner - Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable.
Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
5. Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.Your e-commerce blog will not only drive more traffic to your website—but it will increase your conversions too. Your blog will make you feel more credible and relatable, which will provide new clients with a greater sense of confidence in their purchases.
6. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
7. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
8. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
9. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.