A designer walked into a bar, er, store...

Highlighted
1 0 0

Sunday I looked at my closet and thought to myself "I'm tired of these t-shirts. I need to design my own."

Yesterday I removed the password from my new store, having created a brand concept I called FUTURE&tense with Printify products.

Feedback welcome, and thank you.

FUTURE&tense

(for direct store link without subscribing - use t-shirt icon at the bottom of landing page)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 48 97

Hi @ft1,

Hyde here. Well done on completing your store!

You've taken the first steps, which are often the hardest. Now it's time to start honing your work to produce a brand that elicits trust from your customers and gains an audience.

So you'll be wanting to familiarise yourself with the basics like adding products, making collections, and then connecting those collections to the menu on your store so that customers can access them.

Here's a video on how to add a product and then place it in a collection.

And here is how you link your collections to your menu for your customers to see, and how you can create nested or drop-down menus.

Also, you may wish to consider an "About Us" and "Contact Us" page for your store to encourage trust from your customers!  Here's what an About Us page should contain and here's how to create one!

Here are resources for considering your customer's journey through your store, from the moment they land to the moment they (hopefully) make a purchase:

- 3 strategies for improving user experience

- eCommerce - UX

- 11 ways to step up your content marketing game

- marketing to millennials

I hope this all helps! If you have any further questions please let me know.

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

I love the name and the strong branding - a breath of fresh air. Great looking logo as well.

I recommend optimizing the sliding images - add a short tagline [3-4 words] to each image describing the product in the picture in more detail - this way the visitors will know right away what the product is:

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 07.02.34.png

Make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate.

Consider also adding more content to your homepage - you can add 6-9 featured products, promo with one of your discount codes, Instagram feed etc. It will create engagement, and give your visitors more content to interact with, which will in return help you improve your conversion rate and dwelling time [time people spend browsing your website, which is important for SEO].

Make sure to add trust signals as well: Shipping policy, Returns policy, Contact us page and About us page. These can also help you improve your conversion rate. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out if you ship worldwide, how long is the delivery, or who’s behind the brand, so having these pages easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes