A lot of add to carts/ initial checkouts, but no sales. Please help!

3 0 0

I have my Shopify set up for 2 months now and I'm running ads on facebook. Everything seems to go great but then I discovered all of my add to carts and initial checkout don't bring actual sales in. I ran my ads now for about 7 days (about 5-10 dollars a day). 

The first thing I fixed was that I didn't have a PayPal business account, the second thing was the shipping that was I think incorrect and didn't show my stores location. But now that I have fixed all of these issues I still don't have actual sales but a lot of traffic and add to carts/ initial checkouts.  I'm really lost on the moment because I think my targeting is in the specific interest (i have the right audience), I think my price is right (with a 50 % off sale) , I have a decent ad creative.

Can someone please review my product page and checkout process?? Because I'm really lost at the moment and don't know what to do (but my motivation is very high!).

My ad campaign is based on my product "Crystal Sky Watch" (Rosé). https://www.myurbanchoice.com/

0 Likes

Hi @Armando2 

A good app to think about is LUCKY ORANGE its a heat mapping software app and will track what your visitors are doing on your website. Might be something to look into if you want to work out what's going wrong. 

I believe your website isn't very consistent across the board. The checkout looks different also. If the checkout isn't consistent with the rest of your website you will most likely loose 20-40% of people at this step. 

I also don't think your theme is the best free theme you could have. Here is some tips on good apps and theme to use. View HERE or https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify

Overall good start. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
3 0 0

Thanks for the info! I have changed my checkout colors directly. Also, I will install the lucky orange app to see where most of the problems are. 

But I'm still doubting the payment or shipping part of my website... I think there's something wrong but cannot find it.

0 Likes
Excursionist
22 1 5

Hi,

Congratulations on your store, I really like the design for your site, it looks professional.  

Don’t worry about not getting a lot of sales right now, you are not the first nor the last to be struggling with this scenario, 80% of the visitors don't place an order on their first visit.

You can implement a few strategies that will keep these shoppers engaged and help you reduce cart abandonment. Check out this article about cart abandonment

Another thing you might want to add is a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer.

If you haven't tried it yet, you could start using a retargeting campaign to engage with your potential customers. Retargeting campaigns allow you to remind them after they leave the website and offer the product information they’ve been viewed with different kinds of creatives. In other words, the goal for a retargeting campaign is awareness and conversion.

There are some retargeting apps on Shopify app store as well. If you’re not familiar with that, you can search “retargeting” and try it out - https://apps.shopify.com/search?q=retargeting.

May it rains customers and orders,

0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Pam,

Thanks for the advice! I have implemented a sense of urgency on the product page, and will definitely do a retargeting campaign. But one other question, I see a lot of potential customers that view my website are from Africa (Nigeria, Ghana, etc).  Does this affect my conversion rate? (so no one is actually ordering?) because the delivery time on these countries is also long.  Maybe only target the USA in a campaign? 

I would love some reactions to this!

0 Likes
Astronaut
749 46 170

Hey Myurbanchoice,

Store optimization is very much important for any ecommerce store to succeed. Many factors play a role in store optimization some of which are mentioned below:

1. Add some social links for better connectivity.
  2. Favicon is missing.
  3. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce
  4. Add bestsellers to the homepage for brand promotion.
  5. Adding customer testimonials and blogs will improve customer engagement.
  6. I would recommend replacing the default search with advanced searches like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

Hope to see your store improved and full of sales next time.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9778 86 1524

@neha-sparq wrote:

Hey Myurbanchoice,

Store optimization is very much important for any ecommerce store to succeed. Many factors play a role in store optimization some of which are mentioned below...

Are you making profit out of that growave referral link? Hopefully not as it becomes far too much of an advert vs just useful info. I can see you've been adding a pile of those urls recently (and very similar replies).

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes