A lot of iniated checkouts no sales

Excursionist
13 1 3
Hi, all

I'm a 16 year old South African that has been running a shopify store for the past 4 months. The first 2 and a half months have been really dry with no conversion interactions but after a bunch of testing and research I had started getting numerous sales and additions to carts but no sales. I had evem moved on to offer free shipping and discounts and that increased the number of initiated checkouts and even shipping info but still hardly any sales. I suspect that it may be influenced by the fact that when people have to pay it redirects them to another site and that reduces the trust factor? As well as the fact that most of my target market comes from India, so maybe interpretation of instructions from that point may not be that easy (althought I do advertise to English speakers on Facebook) Im not sure.
May somebody please help me by seeing how the checkout process is. I would appreciate and honest outside opinion. I have also also abandonment emails and exit intent popups but nothing seems to really help with sales. I have been through the checkout, myself but I can't trust my opinion since I already know the process, so well

Here is my website:
theemstore.com

Thank you, have a great day☺️
0 Likes

Why India ???

Hi @DumiThembaMabz 

All the money is in the below countries. I'd change your currency to USD and add currency converter and target these countries.

• United States 
  • United Kingdom
  • Canada 
  • Australia 

Also your product pages look "spammy" to me with to many trust badges. I personally wouldn't even use trust badges anymore unless you have the right one. 

I also think the theme you're using isn't the right one. Better free themes on the market. I did some videos below on good themes and apps you could use. 

https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify

Overall not bad for 16 year old. You remind me of myself at that age. Keep up the good work my friend. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S If you want a awesome , extremely detailed , Free website review that will blow your socks off check out this link HERE or www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 1 3
Thank you, very much

I chose to target that country because they respond the most with my ads
but I'll take changing my ad targeting into action.

The reason why my currency is set to ZAR is because my second payment
gateway (which is the only I can use in South Africa) is legally obligated
to accept payments in USD, although, I did try to use a currency quoting
application and expected it to automatically convert based on where the
person lives but it doesn't work. Do you have any other recommended
currency convertor
0 Likes
Highlighted

@DumiThembaMabz wrote:
Thank you, very much

I chose to target that country because they respond the most with my ads
but I'll take changing my ad targeting into action.

The reason why my currency is set to ZAR is because my second payment
gateway (which is the only I can use in South Africa) is legally obligated
to accept payments in USD, although, I did try to use a currency quoting
application and expected it to automatically convert based on where the
person lives but it doesn't work. Do you have any other recommended
currency convertor

Fair enough makes sense. I like to use this free theme and it also has a free and good currency converter but only problem is you have to have Shopify Payments for it to work :( 
https://www.inspiresmallbusiness.com/blogs/shopify/1-shopify-free-theme

I'll have a look around for one for you. It's been awhile since I've had to use a different one. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S If you want a awesome , extremely detailed , Free website review that will blow your socks off check out this link HERE or www.inspiresmallbusiness.com

0 Likes