A lot of visitors and no sales

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
I get a lot of visitors daily, like 800, I have daily abandoned check Outs. I did got some sales but if I compare it with the thousands visitors I have, it’s not much. I don’t understand. People who visit are interested in my type of products. It’s very weird. They add in the cart, they become costumers but they don’t complete the sale. I have free shipping worldwide so this is not a problem. Maybe some feedback? My shop it’s new like 2 months old.

Thank you
Www.Magic-bliss.com
0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi MagicB, 
I took a look at your online store. Overall, I think it is quite beautiful and professional. I just want to give you some feedback to improve your conversion rates:

1. Improve page loading time

Your page speed is quite low, extremely on mobile. You can check it via Google Page Speed Insights and get some improvement suggestions:qq.png

Actually, people can quickly leave your website without making any sales if they need to wait for your page loading. 

2. Homepage

- Add a slider under the header to show what makes you different from other merchants and why people should buy your products. Don't just show their products on your home page! Make them more engaged with your online store before convincing them to buy your products.

I hope this above feedbacks will be helpful for your online store <3

- Tips to optimize website loadspeed: academy.pagefly.io/how-to-speed-up-website

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Magic-bliss,

Getting both traffic and sales means that you are doing well. However, for getting more sales you need to improve your store a little more. My suggestions for store improvement are as follows:

1. Add a unique central banner for a more professional site look.
  2. Some more social links need to be added apart from Facebook and Instagram.
  3. Newsletter must be shifted to the footer as it occupies a lot of space.
  4. Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  5. Discounted products need to be kept in a seperate "Sale" section.
  6. Reviews need to be added below each product for improving customer choice.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish your store starts getting many sales shortly.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
Highlighted

Hi @MagicB 

I just reviewed your store, it is quite good. I have noticed a few things that you might consider taking to make your store even better and increase your sales.

Home page: I like your homepage but it would be great if you featureless product on each section of your homepage. No one wants to scroll down the home page to view more of the page so focus only on showing your top products. Also, add feature image (front banner) on the homepage with attractive tagline to captivate user attention.

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts they can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Live Chat Support: A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers. So integrate live chat support on your website.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales, but it should use in moderation. Making people feel as if they’re about to lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

Show off trust signals on homepage or on product page to boost conversion: Trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is only 24. It should be above 70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. 

speee.jpg

I hope my feedback will help you!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!

Thank you!!!

Want to modify or incorporate custom changes on store, Hire us
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com
Whats app
Free Website Review and advice for sale from Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO ; Digital Marketing & amp | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello and thank you for taking the time to check my website. I did not realized that my speed site is so low. I will improve that. The idea of having a banner its great too. Thanks again and have a nice day! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Thank you for your time to look at my website. I will implement the ideas which you gave me and I really like the new search bar. I will give it a try. Have a nice day!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Thanks for looking at my website. Your solutions are interesting and I will implement them Hopefully I will get more sales. Have a great day!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

My Pleasure! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
362 46 60

Hey there, @MagicB!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I took a look at your store, and I'd be happy to offer my suggestions.

To start off, I'm interested in learning as to whether you've already developed a business plan? I ask this because it's the most crucial step to developing a successful business. The business plan is the backbone of your business. If you haven't yet developed one, I recommend reading our Business Plans 101 guide and downloading our Business Plan Template.

An important initial piece of your business plan includes your target market. Having a specific target audience outlined ahead of time helps in the long run when deciding which products to sell and how to brand or market yourself with your ideal consumers in mind. This is more in depth than age and location - demographics are just one type of characteristic to consider. You can learn more about the different kind of characteristics of a target market here, while referencing this guide to help you with defining your ideal customer. Do you know who your target audience is?

By looking at your website, it's hard to tell who your target audience is, or what your niche is. It appears you sell a wide variety of products that can be targeted to almost anyone. I've seen many merchants attempt 'general stores' aimed at anyone and everyone, but the truth is the success rates of these stores are minimal. I've personally only encountered once business that was able to find success taking the 'general store' approach. It's recommended to start small with a focused niche and build onto that, depending on what your returning customers would be interested in. When I first land on your home page, my initial thought is that this website is for kitchen appliances - however you offer much more than that. You also sell auto accessories. The likelihood of someone with an interest in purchasing a faucet extender also wanting to purchase auto accessories is pretty low. Are you trying to target people who spend a lot of the time in the kitchen, or people who spend a lot of their time in the car? Although there are people who do both, in terms of effective marketing people who are wanting an extended faucet likely won't be thinking of purchasing accessories for their car as well.

As a customer, it can be overwhelming to scan through a variety of collections and products. Aside from the vastly different types of products you sell, the home page itself displays a lot of products. This can cause a visitor to quickly scan and scroll through your home page, rather than thoughtfully browsing for products of their interest - ultimately losing a lot of potential customers. I would suggest only displaying a few featured products on the home page, and improving your navigation so that the user experience is simplified and visitors can easily browse through your store.

Building trust with your visitors and later customers is a critical and ongoing process. Without trust in your brand, you can't have a successful business. One way to build trust with your customers is through product photography. This is especially important if you're dropshipping, because anyone can easily reverse image search a picture and locate a supplier. The visitor then may choose to purchase the product directly from the supplier instead, or they may just avoid purchasing from your store due to lack of trust. Taking your own product photos also gives you the added benefit of experiencing the product yourself, allowing you to determine which products you may not want to sell based on quality. If you end up shipping poor-quality products to customers, you'll undoubtedly lose that customer's trust in your branding and potentially receive a chargeback. The real money maker for businesses is creating loyal and returning customers. If they like your product and trust your brand, not only will they be back but they may tell their friends and family about your business too. If you're interested in learning more about product photography, we have an awesome free course in Shopify Academy you can check out here.

As I mentioned earlier, I recommend improving your navigation so that the user experience is simplified. Accessibility is definitely something worth giving a thought about, as you don't want to create obstacles for visitors on your site. A couple suggestions I would make is that you change the main menu from the "sandwich menu" to a "header menu". If you have too many menu items in the main menu, it will automatically change into sandwich form. Whether you decide to change the layout of the main menu or not, I recommend adding a menu item for your About Us page there. The About Us page is your largest opportunity to explain your story to the visitor, whilst building trust and convincing them why they should purchase from you than from a competitor. The About Us page should include who you are, why you are (the problem that your target market has), what you sell (the solution to the problem that they have), and what your mission is. It appears that you only have one sentence on your About Us page currently, and this is not enough to win someone over especially if they're already hesitant. We have an About Us Page Guide I suggest reading through to help get you started! One final note I'd add here is to include a menu item for your "Contact Us" page in the footer as well, so that it's still accessible even if the main menu isn't displayed. You can also check out our Accessibility for Themes guide if you're interested in learning more.

I understand that you've been seeing 800 or more visitors a day at this point. Because it doesn't appear that you have a specific enough target market in mind, it's a possibility that you're not marketing to the right people. If you're not targeting a specific audience effectively, you won't see the conversions you're looking for. What have you been doing for marketing so far?

After 'niching down', creating your business plan, and clearly outlining who your specific target market is, you'll want to develop a marketing plan. While paid advertisements are great, I wouldn't suggest spending money until you've validated your products, brand, and overall user experience through organic marketing. This can include blogging, word of mouth, and social media strategies. Have you been doing any organic marketing?

Once you're starting your marketing up again, you should hopefully have more specific consumers arriving to your store. For example if you decide to sell pet products, particularly people with pets should be arriving to your website. Then you'll want to set an initial goal of 1000 online store sessions in the Last 30 days. Upon reaching that goal, you can begin tracking your conversion rate. Generally, we'd like to see your conversion rate somewhere between 2-4%; however, that depends on the pricing of your products. If you're selling more expensive products, it'd be expected to be on the lower end of the spectrum. You can learn how to improve your conversion rate in our Beginner's Guide to Conversion Rate Optimization. You can also browse through additional guides here.

Optimizing your conversion rate isn't ideal at this point currently, because there appears to be a lack of trust in your brand. After taking the time to 'niche down', outline your target audience as specifically as possible, and make the necessary changes to your products, brand, and user experience you'll be in a better position to start reviewing your analytics.

I hope this helps! I know there's quite a bit of information here, so please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
6 0 1
Hello and thank you for taking the time to check my website. The advises you gave me are priceless and i cant thank you enough for it. With all the points you mentioned, i have already the answer and i see what i did wrong.
I do not have a business plan. To be fair, i started this shop as i tryout as i have seen a lot of potential costumers and a lack of information where they could buy the products they were interested in. There i thought if i open a shop myself it might go on from there. 
The products which i wanted to approach are kitchen gadgets, home organizing, bathroom organizing products. While in search for those products i found other type of products which has nothing to do with the niche i initially started for and i added it that too. How you mentioned i see it as well was a mistake. 
The market i have in my mind is well defined, although having more type of products my thoughts became much too wide and lost the specifics. 
Indeed my About Us page lacks info and i will work on that. 
As a website layout, i tried maybe more than 10 shopify themes and none of them looked how i liked it so till the end i settled for the a free basic theme of shopify. But i will try again new themes and make the said changes. 
As a marketing i did very little paid FB marketing and actually the most visitors came from non-paid marketing i did on FB directly to people who were interested in my initial type of products. 
Thank you again for your thoughts and i will start to make the changes.