I would like to provide some recommendations for your store. By the way, I love your products.
1, The banner
- You can consider putting a call to action button on the banner to increase the conversion rate.
- I see the space between the View all button and the products in a collection needs to be reviewed and fixed. You need to decrease this space to 10-30px.
- The space between the View all button and the heading of another section needs to be increased to 45-85px.
3, Blog Posts
- If you have only one blog post currently, you should align it as the center, you shouldn't leave the blank
4, Add more content and pages
- I recommend you should add a Testimonial section to show product reviews.
- You can consider putting an About us page to introduce your store.
- The page speed of your store on the Desktop device is good but you should notice the page speed on Mobile device. You should optimize the images of your store such as
Here is the article which indicates specifically the page speed and how to have a faster loading time of the store. I hope it can help you in some ways.
I hope some recommendations will help you. Feel free to let me know if you have any concern or questions.
"A very good start", but you still have a long way ahead to reach the pillar of success. Apart from the above-mentioned points, you need to pay attention to the below-mentioned tips as well to make your store perform well:
Best of luck for the coming time!
Hey @gymknock, Your store looks professional. Here is the feedback:-
- The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -
And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
- Display testimonials on the homepage.
- For getting more sales and revenue you need to focus more on customer engagement You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like visiting your store, signing up, follow or share on social media, allowing for push notifications, reviews and many more. This will entice your customers and help you to get more email subscribers, push subscribers, collect more reviews. They will come again on your store to make a purchase in order to redeem those points which will double the sales and retention.
- Add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.
- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.
If you would like to know how to implement this on your Shopify store, feel free to ask.
Hi @gymknock ,
I just had a look at your website. Good work! below are some of my thoughts:
Sticky Header: To give a better navigation experience to the user you can create sticky header. Sticky header is something that remains fixed to the top of the website, and are visible even when you scroll down. Also, reduce the header height, it should be less.
Social Login: Implement social login. It is a single sign-on for end users. By using this user can sign in on website instead of creating a new account. This simplifies registrations and logins for end users.
Use Videos To Engage Your Audience: It's worth to add brand video, or short clip on the features of the product to engage the visitor.
URL: Some of the url is not a very user friendly or SEO friendly URL. Eg: https://www.gymknock.com/products/leather-gym-bag?_pos=1&_sid=736bd18ee&_ss=r
Multiple Payment Options: Make it easy for your customers to pay. Provide as many payment options as possible. Also, what all payment options should be clear and displayed in footer.
Product page: You can insert product images into a carousel. Also, provide a detailed product description.
Shipping charges: Shipping charges should be stated somewhere and a free shipping above certain value can be added.
About Us Page: It would be nice if you create a page about us in the footer or it can be displayed at the top right portion of the header.
Blog: Some blogs should be added on the blog section. You should have atleast 3 blog post on home page blog section as currently its not looking attractive.
Show Off Trust Signals and Customer Testimonials to boost conversion: Customer testimonials and trust Signals build customers trust and help customers to feel more secure in their buying decision.
Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is 57. It should be 65-70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.
Add Write a Review Section: This is a great way to win customer trust by providing them authentic reviews of the product so add ‘write a review section’ on your website and display it with the aggregate rating.
A/B testing: Always try A/B testing to see which version of the webpage is performing better for you and where you can improve conversion. A/B testing should be done with few product pages without display 'you may also like' or 'any product collection' which might result in clicks and user taken to another product
Social Media: Integrating more social plugins on your website to increase traffic. Create social media pages for your business helps to reach more customers. Social media make your business visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with your new and existing users.
I hope you like it!!! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Rose here from Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!
I would be happy to provide additional feedback to your store. Here are a few recommendations.
Add Blog Posts
I can see that you currently only have one blog post featured. I would suggest adding more content as it will fill up the space on your homepage and entice visitors to read more. This will also increase your SEO ranking on search engines such as Google.
Add FAQ Page
The three pillars of a user friendly website are: contact pages, live chat functions and an FAQ page. With that said, I would suggest adding an FAQ page to round off your accessibility to information. Often times, an FAQ page can encompass both product information and policies. Customers are not always inclined to go to the footer of the page to read the terms of service and refund/privacy policies. This is why it is best to add pertinent information in the FAQ page along with important questions regarding your products. We have a great blog post on building a helpful FAQ page that includes templates if you're interested.
Remove "Powered by Shopify" in Footer
By default, the "Powered by Shopify" text will appear on all themes. Removing this blurb in your footer really solidifies your website's branding as uniquely yours. If you head to Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Language, you can type in the text "Powered by Shopify" in the search bar. Then, you need only highlight the text, and add a space. This will remove the text in the footer.
I suggest adding a reviews application so your customers may add reviews after purchasing your products. This will build trust for future customers and project your business as a reputable enterprise. You can look into Shopify's Product Reviews app if you're interested in adding this feature.
I hope that helps! If you have any other questions, please let me know.
The store is decent. I am not sure if mixing products from China and your own ones is a good idea. By seeing one China made product people may think that the whole store does drop shipping form there. Now we all know that the best platform to purchase Chinese items is Alibaba.
This is just my point of you, at the end of the day you know what works for you the best.
Besides, here I have made a few notes regarding what can be changed/added to your site:
1)Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
2)Your Instagram account seems to have quite a lot of followers and I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
3)90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc.
There is a free plan available also, we are offering an extended trial on the COVID-19 period.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3
i took some of your tips and tried to use them on my site.
1. Putting a call to action was my first thought but the debut theme messes it up completely. on pc it shows it in the middle but on mobile it is a separate section. So i decided to better stick to my original concept.
2. About the space i am not sure how to do that. Checked the forums and wen through the code but couldn't find it. I would love to change that, maybe you can help.
3. Fixed this and added two more blog posts, looks great on pc, not so much on mobile.
4. Added reviews and a social login to the site and a currency changer. No testimonials yet, because i don't have enough yet, but i will add them soon.
5.And the elephant in the room is page speed. I've tried basically everything but nothing seems to work. Deleted some unused apps, compressed all of my images, added an app to increase the speed but nothing seems to work for the mobile part of my site.
I can't thank you enough for taking your time to write your recommendations, would like to hear some of your thoughts about my improvements.
|3 hours ago|
|5 hours ago|
|7 hours ago|
|7 hours ago|