About 150 Sessions a Day, No Sales

Solved
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi Everyone!

First order of business, here's my store link: https://ecologik.io 

Thanks for taking the time to take a look at my store. As mentioned in the title, I have approximately 150 sessions a day as I am using Facebook Ads and trying to promote content on social media. The traffic is hitting my product pages but no conversions as of yet. My store is a brand, similar to something like tentree or branchingthreads, that offers environmental solutions on top of purchases. I don't have a specific product I'm focusing on, rather the brand is something I would like to build. However, conversions on ads and social media posts are important to make some money to re-invest into the brand. 

I'm using the most basic theme you can get, would that be a problem? I think it looks nice but maybe it's too generic.

If anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them!

Andrew

0 Likes

Just checked your website. It looks good. It seems you are not targeting the proper audience. Do A/B test with your audience and continue running ads. Once you get the proper audience for your website, then you will get more order from your ads. 

50% discount on all image editing tasks. Minimum order 5000 images https://zenithclipping.com
0 Likes
Trailblazer
220 17 63

Hi Andrew,

Tim is here from Growave.

As I can see your store is well organized and I don't think the theme can be a problem since I know some big brands that use Debut.

You are offering T-shirts and not showing people that they can contribute to something good when purchasing. Probably, you even can provide a $5 discount for them to sign up, where you will show the banner telling them your advantage compare to other T-shirt shops in terms of environment improvement campaigns.

Also, most probably people don't need that T-shirt if you can find some additional niche, where the user will be comfortable buying that product and feel that they can contribute some amount of that money to something good.

Since your store is new, I think you can test some other products and options with showing the banner

Hope it helps

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes

Hi @acecon,

Your store looks good to me. I think your business model/marketing strategy might need some work though.

I really like the 'carbon negative' message, and you have that very clearly displayed on your homepage. I would, however, focus on having a core set of products. It's not enough to simply be Amazon, but with an eco-twist (at least, not when you are starting out). This would then also help with your targeting of your advertising. If you know what products you are selling, you will have a better idea of who to target.

On a related note, I usually suggest starting with Google Ads and then moving on to social media. The intent tends to be a lot stronger (i.e. someone searching for what you are selling, rather than browsing Facebook).

Hope that helps - Gareth 

Gareth K Thomas | Clarified.
- I will make your website work.
- Conversion optimisation, usability testing, analytics.

If my response was helpful, please click the like button below.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
238 26 50

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your site, and I do agree with the consensus on here, the site design is great! You've done a wonderful job with the site itself, and it's very pleasantly structured. 

I feel the issue with conversions lies with the products you are selling. Is there a demand for those products? I'm someone who is very conscious of my carbon footprint, and I like the concept that you give back for the carbon used in a sale. But why should I purchase in the first place? I think more focus on a product that has a proven demand will see your conversions increase, as the branding, concept, and execution, in general, are very good. 

Is this your first store? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0
Hey Cal,

Appreciate you taking a look. This is my first store and I suppose there's
no reason for me to be specifically targeting clothing. I can do some more
research on products and maybe move to a more sustainable living type store
with sustainable living products

Andrew
0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks Gareth,

I switched over to Google Ads after your comment and I am going to be researching some different core products to get me going!

0 Likes

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
238 26 50

That's a fantastic response to have to these queries, Andrew. Have you considered creating a marketing persona for your business? So you have an idea who you are targeting, what their habits are, and what products are essential to them? There's a great third party blog on how to create those marketing personas here. Most businesses that succeed tend to have this in their early development stage, and I hope they benefit your business! 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks Cal,

I'll check that out. Appreciate the help! Looks like I have some more work to do :)

Andrew

0 Likes