Account invitation email (html format)

3 0 1

I would like to send a account invitation email under individual customer..

but i am not able to send html format.

Anyone have the same experience?

Thanks,

Alan

1 Like
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
960 1 51

Hey Alan,

The template used to send account invitations is actually the same template as the "Customer Account Activation" template, which can be formatted in HTML. You could simply send account invitations out that way by modifying your template to be an invitation rather than a straight up activation email.

Let me know what you think!

Matthew Buttler
Guru
Shopify Inc.

matthew.buttler@shopify.com

0 Likes
1 0 1

Hi,

I need some help with this also.

I have set up all my HTML email templates and tested them, however I can't see how to set these as defaults in the Notifications area. At the moment if I click the 'Send Account Invite' button when I have set up a new customer I only get the option to send this as a plain text email.

How do I set it up so all email notifications use the HTML templates I have set up? 

Thanks,
Tim

1 Like
Shopify Partner
49 0 1

Hi, I'm also having the same issue.

I set up an account for a customer and I want to be able to send them an email with the link to accept their invitation (by choosing the "send account invite" button on the customer's page in the admin) and although it says that the template can be edited in "notifications" it cannot be. The only close notification is the "customer account activation", but it is not the same. It does not give a link directly to that particular customer's account. Only a general login, which defeats the purpose of creating an account for a customer to begin with.

I need to be able to send this invitation notification in html since it is in Hebrew and I would like to add an image as well.

Can anyone from Shopify help here?

Thanks

0 Likes
2 0 1

Hello,

I am also experiencing the same issue as Tim and Rony. I have modified the HTML in my notifications, but for some reason only the text emails are sending. Please advise..

Thanks,

Olivia

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am also having this issue.

You aren't given the option to send HTML versions of customer account invites.

I know you can edit the templates, but there is no point because you can't send them.

0 Likes
1 0 0

Yes same problem. I have paid for HTML email template file, have pasted to the blank HTML window, but 'send account invite' button will only send the plain file version.

How can I change this please?

0 Likes
Explorer
97 0 27

Yep, same issue over here…

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 3

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem, so thought I would join the party...

However, I've been in contact with the Shopify support team and based on their feedback, my understanding is that if the email/notification isn't activated by the customer (i.e. if the email isn't triggered by Shopify's automated notification system), the HTML version of the email can't/won't be sent.

The good news is that Shopify have recognised the pitfall of not being able to send an HTML version of the account invite and should hopefully introduce the option to do so soon.

Cheers,

0 Likes