Add to cart but no purchases

friendesign
Tourist
8 0 4

Hi,

I have been seeing quite a lot of potential customers spending time in my shop and adding items to their cart. But the conversion to purchase is basically 0%. I can't seem to figure out what the problem is (or maybe this is normal and I just didn't realize). Would appreciate any advice. The shop is shop.designwithfriends.com. The question is mostly regarding the wall art as that is the category that most people are interested in.

Thanks!

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
265 47 161

Hey there, friendesign!

Your experience is really frustrating, and I’m sorry you have to go through it. You have a really great store with fun products. 

For your Wall Art collection, a few things stand out to me:

• There’s no way to filter the collection by price, animal, etc. With 141 products, a filter is definitely the way to go.
  • Test separating the collections by digital print and framed canvas. Since the price varies so much, I would test it out to see if it’s something that customers care about.  
  • Make sure the currency is localized for your international customers and can be updated manually. 

Since you’re seeing people add products to their carts without checking out, I would suggest turning to heatmaps (to see where people click and scroll) and session recordings (to watch what happened during a visit). 

In particular, pay close attention to:

• Session recordings of people who added products to their cart. Where do they go next? What information were they trying to find? 
  • Click and scroll heatmaps to find out where people are clicking (or not) or how far they are scrolling. On your product pages, are they clicking on your images? Are they clicking on Digital Print or Framed Canvas? What are your top elements? 
  • Filter heatmaps for device type, browsers, behaviors (i.e., added product to the cart), campaign and location. How many times people return to your store before adding a product to their cart? Or do most of your visitors come once? Are mobile users from Facebook more likely to add a product to their cart and leave?  

Another thing to consider is to engage with customers: 

• Use live chat. Set up auto invites to ask customers to chat if they meet certain criteria, such as added a product to the cart but didn’t checkout within 2 minutes. You can ask if they have questions about shipping or need help with anything today. Since it keeps people on your site to answer questions and has a faster response time than email, you’re going to have customers who can make their purchasing decisions faster. 
  • Ask a poll question. This has been really effective on my website, and I think it would be helpful for yours. Ask a question like, “Is there anything that stopped you from making a purchase today?” or “Did you find what you were looking for today?” Here’s a list of poll questions (and a full guide) if you want some more ideas

A few other things:

• Link your email address on your FAQ page. None of them are linked as of right now.
  • Promote the Design Editor more - maybe even on the product pages themselves. It’s a really cool feature! 
  • Add CTAs on your sliding images further down the homepage. 
  • On your homepage, use click and scroll heatmaps to determine if you can  tighten it up or add elements that customers are interested in.
  • Make sure your social media links open in a new tab. 
  • Don’t forget to add a contact page with your information on it instead of just linking to an email address directly. 

In this situation, visitor behavior is going to be the secret weapon. If you can see what is going wrong or the pain points visitors experience, you can understand what you can update/improve to save the sale. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

Good luck, and here’s to growing your store and business with visitor behavior!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Hi Team

Great store so far and it's really beautiful to the eye..... you are headed in the right direction at least. We work we 3 kids brands right now selling clothes, toys and PJs, which gives us a unique insight into what parents want to buy across all 3 sites.

How many visitors is a lot? Are we talking about a few hundred people or 5,000 people each week? If it is the latter, then you are not targeting the right people for your store. Not all traffic is created equal. If you are using Facebook / Instagram ads or just posting to social media. I would consider switching to Google Ads to run targeted campaigns reaching new parents.

There are some clear ways to take your site up a notch and drive more sales. All the kids brands we work on are seeing massive growth right now while everyone is stuck at home. Here are changes I would look at making....

Homepage Feedback

1. What do the logos below your masthead mead? I know they are retail stores, do you sell your product there too...unless I scroll down more and read that I'm buying from these brands. You are left not knowing why I see Target and Amazon logo. There is a big push to buy from local brands or direct to consumer brands. So these logos may or may not help you right now

2. Create collections to sort and organize your wall art. Parents will want to pick art based on a theme like animals or space for a kids room. Make it easy on them by sorting your SKUs into logical themes

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

4. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same theme / style as some have a solo art piece vs showing the art piece in a room. Pick one or the other as your main cover image. This is going to help tie your site together when people are looking at your collection pages. I think the solo art piece stands out more then showing the art piece in a room setting. At least as your cover image... your throw pillows are a perfect example of how to make sure each cover image for the product is exactly the same

5. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Art Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for parents to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Add a longer product description for your throw pillows as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Aizada
Shopify Partner
381 34 153

Hi @friendesign 

You have a great store with very neat and cute wall arts. It is easy to browse in, professional and totally trustworthy. I have worked with a lot of sites that offer wall art, however, your is quite unique since you are selling ones for kids mainly. And that is actually an amazing chance for you to work in partnerships with other stores that sell kids  toys or home decor. To do that, you can simply search for sites on Shopify (they usually create lists of sites based on their niche) and reach out to them. It will help get more relevant traffic that will most likely convert into sales. The types of partnerships can be various, you can do giveaways, feature each other, add as a partner product, provide mutual discount, you name it :) 

Another thing you could do is run a referral program, so your customers are motivated to share your products and bring even more sales. 

Besides, I recommend working on the functionality of the site. Add features that will enhance trustworthiness of your sites and make it user-friendly. 

For adding that you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instgagram, Discounts etc. 

There is a free plan available also, we are offering a discounted prices at the moment. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

@friendesign ,

I would suggest to check your check out process. Is there any hurdles? I would recommend  to make the checkout process as simple as possible for your shoppers.

Also work on to build customer trust, add some trust signals. Trust Signals build customers trust and help users to feel more secure in their buying decision. 

Send abandoned cart emails: If you have lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts so you can get lost revenue using abandonment email campaigns. There are many Automated tools for abandoned carts. They can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left. You can also send promotional emails to your subscriber's list.

Create a sense of urgency: Creating a sense of urgency helps increase sales when used in moderation. Take a look at your sales funnel and see where you lose the most leads. Making people feel as if they’re about to lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

Call of Action Placement: You need a strong call to action to gain people’s attention and to convince them to act. Try to use good CTA to increase conversion and sales.

Ads: If you want to increase sales I would recommend to start off Facebook or Google Shopping ads. It becomes easier to get conversion faster and grow your business with the help of Ads.

Mobile Score: Your google page speed score is 57. It should be 65-70. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.

Live Chat Support. Integrate live chat support on your website.  A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.

I hope you like my feedback. Thank you!

If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution. Free Website Review and advice for sale from Hire us
Shopify Conversion Experts | Shopify Private App | Custom Theme Development | Custom Modifications In To Shopify Theme | Shopify SEO | Digital Marketing | Site Speed Optimization | Performance Site Audit
For Quick Chat Whats app | Email: pallavi@oscprofessionals.com | Skype : oscprofessionals-87
friendesign
Tourist
8 0 4

Thanks for the reply! Much appreciated, I implemented some of your suggestions including adding a live chat.

0 Likes