Add to carts aplenty, but not many conversions!

penguinking
1 0 0

Hey everyone, I'm new to dropshipping and I'm struggling to find any further actionable info, there's so much out there!

I launched this store last month-

www.lookwhatifound.co.uk

I'd love some feedback on it! 

The product I'm currently running traffic on is here:

https://lookwhatifound.co.uk/collections/sale/products/2020-universal-selfie-led-ring-flash-lumiere-... 

I'm getting what feels like a decent add to cart rate - 10% of sessions (between 40 and 80 visitors a day). Then an immediate drop off, at almost 0 checkouts reached. I've made two sales in two weeks. 

If I'm reading this wrong, please let me know - but if I'm getting sessions and I'm getting add to carts but no conversions, that tells me that there's a problem somewhere between the add to cart button and the actual checkout. I'm just struggling to identify it! 

Any help here would be amazing. 

0 Likes

Hey @penguinking,

Good call on running ads on the clip on ring light. TikTok is huge right now and a lot of people can't afford the more expensive ring lights, this is definitely an affordable option for people. If this was me, I'd get on TikTok and either demo it myself or work our a deal with an influencer to have them to a video on it.

Moving onto your conversions, when you get high traffic and no sales it either means you are getting the wrong kind of traffic (not your target audience) or there is something within your store that is turning people away (product prices, shipping time, shipping cost, a site error etc.).

Two things I'd recommend right away are:

1. You need to add an estimated time of delivery at checkout

2. You should have a currency converter on your website. We did a video on which ones we recommend:

My next recommendation would be to add a banner at the top on your homepage, it would be a great place to have a photo of someone using the clip on ring light to record a video of themselves on a phone.

screencapture-lookwhatifound-co-uk-2021-02-10-09_26_13.png

Lastly, make sure you are stocking your store with winning products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.

I have a lot more to say on this topic, but I cover it in our video so I'll leave it here for you to watch:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2437 141 440

Hello @penguinking, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed.

Setup Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart pages.

- You can add a countdown timer to create urgency for your promotions or offers with the countdown timer bar and motivate your customers to buy more from the store. It helps in increasing sales.

- Showcase reviews on the home page. 

- Add loyalty rewards program. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications, share/ follow on social media. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and help in retaining your customers.

-Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email address. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes