Adding TXT record for Search Console

1 0 0

Hey,

It doesnt seem that im able to add TXT record to my site. i cant see the DNS settings anymore?

i want to add TXT record to verify Search Console.

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
240 33 27

Hello, @Rifind.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand you’re looking for the DNS settings, so you can add a TXT record to your website and verify your website with Google Search Console. If your domain was purchased on Shopify, we have a guide to help you find and edit the DNS settings for the domain. That said, if you aren’t able to see the button to manage your domain on Shopify, then you may have purchased the domain from a third-party domain provider. 

If your domain is purchased from a third-party provider, such as GoDaddy or Cloudflare, then you can find the DNS settings on their dashboard. If you’re having trouble finding the DNS settings there, you can always reach out to your domain provider and they can add the TXT record for you. Adding the TXT record is similar to connecting an existing domain to Shopify, where you needed to add Shopify’s A record and a CNAME record in order to connect the domain to Shopify. 

Let me know if this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any other questions on domains, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes