Advice on Page

Lovethy13
Tourist
4 0 1
Hello! I am about a week into the launch of my store. I am constantly tweaking and changing things but I really need someone to look at it and tell me what I’m doing wrong. I am getting traffic, so I know my ads are catching attention but people are coming and almost immediately leaving. Please help. I don’t want to give up but I am getting a little discouraged! www.lovethypetshop.com
0 Likes

Hi, 

I have just your online store. I would love to say that your website is so cute and pretty.

Here are some feedbacks to make it better :)

1. Reduce your page header

In my opinion, your page header is too large, so you might not have enough space for the page content. Furthermore, making your page header smaller will make your website more beautiful and professional. se 7.png

2. Check the section "Inspired By Your Shopping Trends"
As a page visitor, I am not sure about this section means. I try to click on some products here, and I am automatically redirected to a different online store. I think it may make your website visitors inconvenient and unhappy. Eventually. it reduces the trustworthiness and credibility of your online store.se 8.png

3. Add the social proof

- Add the Testimonial section in the Homepage

- Add the customer review section on the product page.

Actually, when people see that others love your product, they are more willing to make their purchases. 

4. Add more delivery option

To save the shipping time, many people are choosing to buy online and go to the store to pick up their orders. In some cases, younger people don't mind traveling to get their items instead of waiting for shipping. In terms of your online store, you can encourage shoppers to make additional purchases when they come to the pickup locations. Above are just some advantages of store pickup. 

We carefully prepared this checklist to help you identify whether your online store really needs store pickup or not. Check it out!

5. Improve your contact page

One of the good ways to build a great relationship with customers is by providing fast and effective answers to their questions. So, you should add more contact options such as your email, phone numbers, physical address, or social media channels. 

Hope it helped! 

Have a nice day <3

Want to know more about store pickup or not sure if store pickup is necessary for your Shopify store? Just simply get the checklist and find your own answer!
0 Likes
Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @Lovethy13 

I can understand, it must be frustrating. 

It's pretty clear where your problem lies. You website conversions.

I had a look at your website. There are a few gaps in your website experience. It is the only experience users have with your company, and you have to make it professional enough to earn their trust. Here are my observations:

1. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after looking through all the images, I could only find about what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  2. Favicon - it is the small logo that shows up in your browser tab beside the name of your store. It’s not very clear on your website. Also, I’d suggest ad the meta title and description for your home page and all others. (This is for SEO)
  3. There are a few inconsistencies in your product images. They have different backgrounds. Making them all consistent will make your store look more professional.
  4. You should add as much detail as possible for the products. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.
  5. Add an about us page. Again, this adds a human touch to your store experience. And if you make it a story that people can relate to, it forms an emotional connection between your brand and the customers. Tell people about who the team is (or who you are), add photos and make it friendly.
  6. Icon on the home page: Again, your icon is the main identifier of your brand. It will be responsible for recall in users memory. On your home page, I felt the logo was slightly off, in terms of image quality, or maybe it doesn’t stand out because of the color. Trying polishing it up! You can experiment with the font, it’s thickness, or the colors in some way. Also, those fonts and colors are not used anywhere on your entire website except for the logo! Makes it look weird.
  7. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  8. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  9. Make your testimonials more human. You can try adding customer images along to the text - it will increase trust for the users who see it.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes