Advice on my niche

Highlighted
3 0 1
Hey, I’ve been advertising for my store for about a week now. I’ve been advertising on both facebook and instagram and have gained 200 sesions yet I still haven’t received a sale. Is my niche to tight or is it just my advertising? All feedback is appreciated thanks.

Store:
https://simplywooden.myshopify.com

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2688 190 426

Hi @Pathway_Sucess,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Really good work on your store so far. I really like your idea and concept and feel it has a very personal touch to it. Something to remember is that you have only been open/ live for one week so this is normal. Sometimes it can take time to build up a brand and a product idea. It's hard to know why exactly you haven't had a sale yet. I did see some things on your store which you can add to help take it to another level to increase your odds of making that first sale. Let's look at them below:

• I think it would be well worth your time to add an About Us page to complement the About Us paragraph you have. I saw in the footer you mention about the quality of the lumber you use for each piece.  The About Us page could tell your story about why Simply Wooden started and then discuss more about the lumber giving the entire narrative two subjects to focus on. By telling your story you are also giving visitors a closer insight to your "why" creating an emotional attachment which will hopefully turn into a sale. The content team at Shopify wrote a blog with some tips and trick for how to structure and write an About Us page which might be useful for you that you can read here as well as Shopify's partner Oberlo with a YouTube video offering some great tips below. 

• I also saw that you don't have a favicon for your browser tab. Favicons and logo's go hand in hand, where the favicon is generally a store logo. I didn't come across a logo for Simply Wooden on the store. but it could be something to consider and look into. Thinking about it, I like the idea of an "S" and a "W" with a wooden finish in some fashion for your logo. Once you have developed a logo you can add it as your favicon. In terms of developing a logo, Shopify has a logo maker/ creator as well as another blog post from the content team with 5 online logo makers you could use to have a logo created. Once you have a logo you can add it as a favicon with help and steps from the guide here
  • The last thing I will leave you with is to do with Facebook ads. Finding the right audience for your product is vital to any campaign. There is a good Facebook ad technique for this called the 3x3x3 method. It involves creating 3 different sets of ads for 3 different audiences (you can target newly wedded couples, people with new children and more here) all with different text and imagery. After some time you will see some ads performing better than others where you can begin to drop off the ads but increasing the budget on the ads doing well. You can also take note of the characteristics of the ad which does well to use it for a future ad and after doing this a few times, you will have a good idea and information for the audiences which work and the ones which don't. There is a lot of tutorials for this online a good one which I particularly like can be found here.  

I know there is a lot of information there, but I really believe you're on the cusp to take things to the next level and start getting some consistent sales. Hoping this helps!

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Pathway_Sucess,

This is Brian from Magnet Audit.

I took a quick look at your site and identified a couple of areas you might want to focus on in your next round of updates:

1. Pictures -You have a really great niche product,, but there are very few pictures on your site, and they are of a low quality. Given that product actually involves pictures, you should have lots of high quality (wedding quality) pictures of your products. You have to make brides-to-be WANT what you have to offer.

2. You need a real domain name, using the myshopify one makes people fearful that it's not a legit website. Weird, but you just don't want to give anyone ANY reason to leave.

Those are both based on the desktop view, I didn't look at mobile, which is perhaps more important at this stage in the game...a full audit would turn up additional areas to focus on, if you get through with the above and would like to try a full audit, you can message me directly or visit our website to learn more.

All the Best,

Brian

P.S.
Find this helpful? Hit Solved!

Magnet Audit - Ecommerce Website Auditors
0 Likes