Advice on my store www.countrycreationgoods.com

Solved
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 14

www.countrycreationgoods.com please review my store so far, i have just started it a few weeks ago , still adding products am getting some traffic when can i expect a good number of people to start showing up? i know it takes time and i have been studding , trying to fix my meta data and running google adds paid . am only getting like 10 visters a day!!! just started 2 3 weeks ago. please review and about how long have you guys noticed it takes for a decent amount of traffic to start coming to your site ?

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

I would add pages for things like refund policy, terms of condition, FAQ, etc. Makes stores seem more trustworthy and professional.

3 Likes
Tourist
5 0 4

Your store isn't finished.   Its not ready for advertising or customers.   

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 14
Please give examples . I only have a few products to sell at this time.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

1. Your font is not good.  You can't use a font like that for descriptions.   Its hard to read.  I gave up after 2 words.

2. Your best real estate is a photo of a coffee cup.   When you do $10 million a year you can have a cool photo on your website, but until then you need to show people products.

3. You need categories on your home page.   Wine Racks, Key Racks etc.    You need to show an example of those items and then allow the customer to click on the section they want.    Then they view the products for sale.   That is how a website works.   Go to any website that sells stuff.

4. I clicked on wine and whiskey and there is no link.   

5. If you only have 3 products then you just are not ready to have a website and expect sales.

You need 4 categories

Then in each of those categories you need at least 12 products.    = 48 items (minimum)

6. Under "All Products" you have 6 categories and every category has the same product.  

You just are not ready.   At this point you should post your stuff on Etsy.    That has an audience and they don't care if you have 1 product or 1000.

A website is different.   

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 14

hey appreciative the advice,  i will incorporate those into my site but i have to disagree in not starting a website yet if i wait and wait and wait it will not be put into action , weather i have 4 products or 4000 is irrelevant, i know other sites that sell and only have a few , the items we sell are 100% hand crafted not sourced and drop shipped like most , so in that my website is a little bit different . thanks for the critics anyway 

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Wish you continued success.

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
19 0 14
Wow ask for advice and you really hammer down huh? I knew my website wasn't
awesome... that's why I am on here posting for advice and ideas .. never
said it wasn't my fault... when I can be like you and can have 10 million
in sales and chip on my shoulder I will ask you again for some more
advice. Thanks again
1 Like
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 162

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

I love your products! It's great to see handcraft artworks and your products have shown that you're a creative person with a great taste. I went through each page you've created on the site and here are my suggestions:

1. I don't agree with the point that you need at least 48 products to attract customers. I've seen many stores with just one product and they still do very well. Here's an example of how an owner does extremely well with selling only one product on his store. The key is finding what's the best business model for you. Being a handcraft woodwork store, I'd say it's quality over quantity, which now your store is. That being said because your store doesn't host a large number of products, the way you're displaying them become much more important. To best serve your store, I recommend you utilize the Navigation section and set up a good main menu. 
    Right now there's such a big white space you aren't using. If you'd like to keep the two collections as they are, you can follow the steps below to create more tabs for your store.
    - On your Shopify admin, head to Online Store > Navigation on your left-hand side menu.
    - Once there, on your right-hand main screen, click on Main menu
    - You can add, remove, or edit a menu item following this video here. In your case, you can remove the Catalog tab and add a Wine and Whiskey tab and a Farm Style Wall Decor tab. The tabs will be linked to the prospective collections.
    - Once you're done, you can click on six dots towards the left side of the section, hold and drag so you can move the two new tabs upwards and move the sections into the sequence that you want to see on your site's main menu navigation. Here's a video I made for you just in case you're a little confused on what I meant here.
    When you finished working on the menu, feel free to remove the collections showing on your homepage. Since you have the collections now reside on the top main menu navigation bar, we can use your homepage to create attractive contents for your visitors.

21_55-ky2u0-g8ox7

2. The images you have on Slideshow sections are beautiful. What I suggest is moving this section towards the top, just below the main menu navigation bar. You can do so just like how you move the sections in the Main menu. Go to Online Store > Themes > Customize. Once in the theme editor, on the left-hand side menu, click on the six dots and hold and drag your mouse to move the sections to the place you want them to be. Since you don't have many sections there, it's going to be just above your Reclaimed Wood featured product section. As you've probably noticed, people are generally more attracted to visuals than words. A picture is worth a thousand words. By having the images that echo strongly with your brand right at the top will set the tone and mood of your store right from the start. Just like how your first slide has a great inviting phrase on there, feel free to add a phrase to each slide. Remember, this is the place for promoting your brand. The more thought you put into it, the bigger chance you can increase your conversion rate (from traffic to sales).

21_13-om02k-1ht0e

3. Watch out on your copywriting and how you capitalize in some words but not the others, along with how you place your punctuation.  Unlike in a brick and mortar store, where you get to interact with your visitors by chatting and use your personal charms, an online store relies on your writing skills to interact with the visitors. Go over what you've written and checked your use of space key. In some sentences, you have more space in between words; some you have spaces between last words and your punctuation marks; some you capitalized and underline but some you haven't. The key here is to keep it consistent. So it's easier to read and looks professional. Remember, this is your first impression to your visitors. Tidying things up can increase your credibility and increase your customers' trust in you.

21_32-chkb1-y061z

4. Kudos to having an FAQ page! Again, don't forget to clean the page up when you have a moment. 21_41-njbm9-m3p7wA tip here is don't overuse Bold in the fonts. Typically, just like how you did it with your product description, only bold the important messages. If the visitors want to scan it over, their eyes are automatically focused on the bolded letters.

5. I can see that you've incorporated all the policy short and sweet in there. Though, I encourage you to create separate pages for your policy pages. This will offer greater clarity to your customers if they were to have any issues. Pages such as "Return/Refund Policy", "Shipping Policy", "Privacy Policy", and "Terms of Services" help to clarify the potential customers' questions if they were to have any. Because you're running a business online, it's in your best interest to offer as much clarity as you could when it comes to the visitor's orders or privacy, along with your store policy. Shopify offers template generators you can create from Settings > Legal. You can create pages like how you had created the FAQ page. Simply copy the templates you got from the Legal section and paste the content into the page you're creating. Don't forget to read through the content and update it accordingly to what fits your business. Having this will reduce your customer complaints. Having this will reduce your customer complaints. Similar to how we edited your main menu, you can add the links to the pages at the footer menu at the Navigation section.
  6. I can see that you've bolded your email as the contact point for your visitors. Instead of doing this, I recommend you to actually add a contact us page. Again, once the page is created, you can set it at the footer menu to maintain the minimalistic feel of your store.
  7. For "The story" at the footer, this is the information you can create an actual section right underneath the Slideshow (once it's moved). I challenge you to be a little more descriptive on what your story is about. This is the place where the visitors will come and know who you are. Treat it like how you would if someone were to walk into your workshop and wanted to chat you up about your brand. What inspired you? Why rustic? What's your background? How long have you been doing this? These are just some of the questions you can answer. If you're having a little bit difficulty putting thoughts into words, here is a great guide on The Untapped Potential of About Us Pages (And How to Write Your Own). Again, don't forget to check your copywriting to make sure that your section is well written and consistent.21_09-odwn4-ii4gi

It's great that you've already started digital marketing. This part I'd agree with some of the suggestions that you've received from the post. I recommend you to update your store first - improve it more and make it stronger before you spend money on ads. Because they're paid ads you're using, meaning you're spending money. We want to make sure that you have a strong store first before you spend the money to attract the crowds to your store. This will increase the chance the visitors turning into actual paying customers.

Another tip I have for you is trying to visit your favorite online stores. Take notes on what you like and dislike about them. What's so attractive about them? Is it their designs? Or is it how they organize their contents? Once you have the notes, come back to your store and see how the notes can apply to your store. The last tip before I let you go, after you finish writing your content, take a break and go have a beer (or simply just walk away for a few minutes, your call), then come back and read the post again. Pay close attention to the areas I've mentioned and correct them if needed. Can't wait to see how you going to edit your store!

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

5 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
6 0 3

Greetings!

Weldone until here (your present look and action on your website). I've visited your site. I've read all the comments. My opinion, first of all, read all the comments and get the things done as you pick the easiest parts that you can do first and fast. For example, some essential pages, About, Contact, Privacy Policy, Refund policy. You need these.

By the way, you can auto-generate from your Admin Dashboard. And, modify/ edit as you feel convenient. 

Next, the solutions you need for your site.

Literally, all are there (solutions). 

Do you know where? 

• At your Shopify Admin Dashboard - Settings and Shopify Help Center and, 
  • At Oberlo Admin Dashboard - Settings and Help center. 

As your online shop, as you mentioned in FAQ "hand crafted in our small shop ", so you know well about the total process until the finished product. And, ready to sell. Need time, design, plan, devotion and continuous work. 

Same goes for your website. 

The most critical part you've done. Decided and launched your site. I personally appreciate. Now just follow the same path ... one by one element start adding to your site, as I mentioned above, and all the comments including from Shopify support

I just can assure you, just follow your Admin Dashboard. And, your solution is there. Moreover, the support system is really really amazing. You just drop a line and someone will assist you. So, best it, learn from your admin dashboard, sort out your problems to solve. Spare time to do, then you can contact someone to get help/ guideline. 

Wish you all the best. You are with a great team, great company with an amazing support system. 

I am totally brand new, just started on this New year 2019, I am confident that I'll develop. 

Slow, but you will grow, I'll grow. 

Good luck. 

1 Like