Ahoy! Searching for feedback on AirshipRebekah!

Solved
AirshipRebekah
2 0 2

I'm just getting ready to do some paid ads and would like some feedback first! I read through the pinned post and I feel I have hit all the key points except maybe an FAQ page. I've only been open a few weeks, however I would love to review your store if you review mine? Thanks so much. To The Moon! AirshipRebekah.com Skull and Goth Collage.png

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

This is an accepted solution.

Ahoy, @AirshipRebekah

It’s an honor reviewing your store. I love the look of it, and the vibe is awesome. Let’s see what else we can do! 

First, something small but important - make sure your social media links open in a new tab rather than the same tab.

Overall: I am curious how people use your website. Are you using heatmaps (to see where people click) and/or session recording (to watch what happened during a visit)? I think it would really helpful for you to see what customers are doing. I like that you hit all of the key points, but I’ve learned that customers sometimes have a different idea. 

For example, most stores have a hero image with a CTA. However, your customers may respond better to the collections instead. That’s something to test out and continue to evaluate.

In general, I was confused at what your brand is. It looks like a women’s clothing store, but then you mentioned featured artists. The messaging of “Step inside our magical airship, where whimsy and wonder abound” doesn’t tell me enough about what you sell or the brand. If I’m confused, I would imagine your customers would be as well. 

Main Navigation: I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking. The order seems off. Click heatmaps will help you see which collections are getting the most attention and help you consolidate it.

I would suggestion something like: Home | Clothing | Accessories (with drop-downs for purses, shoes, jewelry, sunglasses, etc.) | For the Home | Shop All. Something like that.

The difference is that:

1. It limits the number of options that can confuse your visitors. If you see a larger number of people use search, that’s a good indicator that they aren’t finding what they want.
  2. Relies more on filters for the USA-made items and collections rather than utilizing the valuable homepage real estate. 

Homepage: I like the length of your page, though I would tighten up the white spacing around the header. It pushes a lot of the page below the fold, which can be a problem. Again, I would see how people are scrolling and clicking on your site. That may help you see elements that can be removed, moved up or down on the page or refined a little fit. 

For example, I would be interested in seeing if instead of “Kindred Spirits” if you would have more interest in “Featured Artist.”

The images at the bottom above the footer may not be necessary. Since they aren’t clickable and don’t have a CTA, people may not be as interested in it. It may still add that whimsy charm to your homepage though, so test limiting it to one or removing it completely. 

Footer: Most people aren’t going to make it to the footer, but because your main navigation is fixed to your header, it’s not a huge issue to have that list of Wants and Wishes. Just make sure it matches that main navigation as you tweak it.

For your newsletter subscription, bring on that whimsy and playful personality that your site has. Give customers a reason to join! Right now it’s bland, which I wouldn’t expect from your site. Instead, add some value to it (maybe even an offer?). That being said, these generally have a low response rate.

If you’re interested in building a newsletter subscription, consider using a poll to do it. Trigger it to show for people who have added a product to their cart but haven’t received the purchase confirmation yet. Make it show after 30 seconds. These are the customers who are interested in your brand and primed to sign up for the newsletter. 

Contact: I like that you a contact form, but I see two things:

1. There’s no email address to send you an email. Make sure it’s listed a few times (and linked!) to help people reach you.
  2. Take out the phone number field. If you used form analytics, you could see that it’s likely not working. The phone number field is one of the top fields that scare away customers.

In general, I’m not a big fan of contact forms. It’s not that I think they aren’t important on a site, but as far as helping a visitor decide to buy, I’ve found that it’s not effective. Customers can only get the response by going into their inbox. That means you are now fighting to get them to return to your website! 

Instead, offer live chat. It’s an easy way to answer questions while customers are still on your site. It’s something that is beneficial to you and your customers. 

Product pages: I like the length of your pages, but they need some help.

1. Make sure it’s consistent. I found a shirt (the Bella Top) that didn’t have a size drop-down. That’s a big problem! Other clothing pages had size options, so it’s just a reminder to be consistent.
AirshipRebekah.png

2. Add in a size chart that’s easy to read. The majority of your customers will likely want to see your size chart before they can make a buying decision.

3. Don’t leave shipping costs to the checkout. People don’t like surprises, especially when it’s shipping costs. Get those costs up front! 

Really, you’re on a great track here. I love the way you’re headed, and I think that using visitor behavior to evaluate your store will lead to more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, form analytics, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month. 

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!