All my collections pages are loading crazy slow

Solved
Choosy
3 0 0

Pretty much all of the links on the left side when clicked have a crazy wait time before they load.

https://choosyusa.myshopify.com/collections/new-arrivals

0 Likes
Choosy
3 0 0

No way, it takes around 10 seconds every time I click on a collections page. Go from one collection to the other and see how fast that loads

0 Likes

Your collections are loading slow for me too. Are there is product images that have a file size that is to big? All it takes is for one image to be to large on a page for it to load slow. Have you tried reducing the number of SKUs / page and see if that decreases the load time?

If images are not your issue, then I would disable any 3rd party apps you are using and see if that speeds things up. Only activate one app at a time and see how your page speed is then.  I checked out a few product pages and even those took an extra second to load for me. Here are some ways I thought you could improve your product page and increase sale:

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You have a great site, so once you sort out page speed... you should be off to the races.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
ChoosiZon
Trailblazer
219 39 66

This is an accepted solution.

No way, it takes around 10 seconds every time I click on a collections page.

Go from one collection to the other and see how fast that loads

You have something called 'discount manager' likely is the cause for slow loading.

This can hurt your sales badly.

vdhnat
Excursionist
21 2 11

Hey Choosy,

You have enormous network payloads. I think your images are too big and/or not the proper file extension. Try WebP instead of JPG, this should do wonders for you.

More info on Google Pagespeed, check this out:

https://web.dev/total-byte-weight/?utm_source=lighthouse&utm_medium=unknown

0 Likes
Choosy
3 0 0

Thank you @ChoosiZon, I added the app back and the pages are loading much faster. I'd like to eventually get rid of that app and more without loosing the integrity of the site.

0 Likes