Animal lovers? Would love some feedback on my artist page.

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone!

I am promoting animal rights throgh my art and will be so happy for any of your feedbacks or ideas.

As a solo artist I am building my website and designing products all alone atm, I have modified and built the code slowly but surely during the last year (including driving Shopify's supporters crazy in chat & Thank you!) and the site in finnaly live right here: animalsfacingleft.com

Thank you for reading and have a great weekend,
Idan

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
197 0 18

Hey, Idan. 

Dallas from the social care team here. Congratulations on finally launching your store, we are more than happy to help you out! 

I took a look at your website and I have to say I really like it. I love what you are doing, and the little animals are really cute too. 

I did notice, however, that your website URL brings your customers directly to a page with a list of a variety of products. In my opinion, I think it would be good to have a captivating home page instead. You could really use this page to showcase what you are doing and how your products can benefit your cause. I see that you have a little bit of an About Us section there, but I would add a bit more. Some images, images with text, maybe a slideshow would all be able to benefit the sales of your store. 

These features that I am referring to are all available by going to Online Store > Customize in your Store Admin. On the home page, you will see a button on the left-hand side that says Add Section.

If you click on that you will be given a variety of options that you can use to add to the front page of your store.

I suggest making the best use of those additional features to help your customers gain a personal connection before they shop. That way you will be able to help them feel moved and feel a need to support. There are so many factors that help customers decide what they are going to buy. With so many options out there, there are now distractions all over the place, so it is very important that you really try to grab the heart of your customers. 

This is a really great blog post from the Shopify blog that can help you develop your home page.

The other pages that you have on your site are really great and to the point! You have an About page, wonderful. You have a Contact page, fabulous. I even like how you have links on the top of the contact page leading to your Facebook, Instagram, and your email address. 

I took a look at your Instagram page and your Facebook pages as well and I can honestly say that I personally, love your store. It is adorable! Your Instagram following is high and your post interaction is high too. All in all, you are just nailing this! 

Now, let's think about how to increase sales. With whatever sales you have at the moment I am sure that you want to have more, am I right? I am going to guess that you'll say yes. 

Have you looked at your Shopify analytics? This can be found by going to Analytics in your Store Admin. From here you can get info on where the traffic is coming from (Analytics > Reports > Acquisition).  Then you can see what traffic sources are converting to sales? (Analytics > Reports > Sales > Sales by traffic referrer).

With this information, you can use it to target your ads even better. Speaking of ad targeting, have you done anything in the form of ads for Facebook and Instagram to drive your traffic (and hopefully sales up)?  These documents here will be able to help you out with that too. 

There are obviously things that can be done to increase traffic, but all in all, I would say that you are already doing a wonderful job! You are starting on a great foot.

If you have any more questions at all please let me know. 

Cheers,
Dallas

Dallas | Social Care Guru @ Shopify

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.
0 Likes