Another one bites the dust...

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify community, 

I am asking you to review my website.

Here is the issue: 

I am getting decent traffic especially when I do Instagram ads but absolutely no sales!!! 

Does my site look unprofessional ? Do you get the importance of the product? How are my pics?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am looking into re-designing the site but not sure this would be the right strategy.

Cheers

www.palmbeachies.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

You store looks beautiful, however, you are missing some basic items that are going to make it hard for someone to buy from you. Here is what I would change based on our experience of having a few clients that market to parents with kids

Homepage Feedback

1. Make sure your footer links to your shipping information. This will help build trust with your customers and set expectations

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them on the homepage. This is going to help build trust

3. Your About Us and Contact Us links can be in your footer. Keep your top navigation for product and brand category links

4. Carousels kills conversions rates ... use as few images as you can on any carousel.

5. Not sure the video is adding value as it's shot in the wrong direction. I would remake it, so it a horizontal video that takes full advantage of YouTube. Even getting it shot on the latest iPhone or Google Pixel 3 would make the production value better. I would remove this for now

6. I would make the links in your footer stacked on top of each other. They will be easier to read then how you have it laid out right now

7. If you plan to run ads on Google or Facebook in the future, make sure you have an address in your footer. Otherwise, your ads could be shot down

8. Your event page might work better if you have the information as a text on your page and not an image. That way people can copy and paste the information they need. Maybe even have a link to the event page for the event you are going to be at. One of our clients sells a lot of product offline at popup events, this is a great way to sell product and help build your brand

Product Page Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is where you sell your product and convince parents to buy. Have fun and make the descriptions part of your branding

2. Add your shipping and return/refund policy to all product pages as a link. This is something that all buyers look for

3. Add a sizing guide to each product page. That way people buy the right size. Sometimes kids are a different size then their age

4. Add a section for most viewed product or other popular products at the bottom of each product page. ASOS does a good job of this.. when in doubt look to them for what is a best/common practice.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted

Since my other post was a bit long, thought I would do a separate one just about marketing and getting parents to buy.  You may need to tweak the traffic you are getting to your store. Even with a good CTR, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. I left some advice on how we think about marketing with our clients that are looking to get parents to buy.

We recommend our ecommerce clients start off on Google Shopping as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Merchant Center and a Google Ads Account to run Google Shopping campaigns. Then for Facebook we setup them with a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

Google Merchant Center
This is where you host and manage your products (SKUs), so you can use Google Shopping campaigns in your Google Ads (AdWords) account. You can add the Google Shopping app to your store and connect it to your Google Merchant Center... once you do this, you are almost set to run Google Shopping campaigns.

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Shopping campaigns from. You will need to connect your Google Ads account to your Google Merchant Center account above. Once you do that, you can run Google Shopping campaigns. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Anaytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. The above assumes you have setup your Facebook pixel and your have a Google Ads Conversion tag setup for your site too. That way you can track your sales.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1060 50 316

Hi Victoria! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

I’m glad you are making the Instagram work for you - that is a perfect platform for your product and target audience. I’d be happy to help you find a way to improve your store.

The images are actually very good - they are authentic and clearly show what you are offering.

My first impression was that I had to spend a few seconds to see the sliding images in order to understand what’s the product you are offering. For example this image:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 07.41.47.png

Doesn’t really tell me that you are selling shoes - I thought perhaps it’s indoor play mat, indoor kids event store etc. You would immediately connect with your visitors if the message said: ‘Indoor playing shoes for toddlers’ - it’s best to be as straightforward and to the point as possible at each step in your store in order to boost the conversion rate.

When I clicked the button ‘Shop now’ on this image, it took me to the water shoes page, however, the URL says ‘all-styles’: https://palmbeachies.com/collections/all-styles

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 07.44.08.png

It would be much better if you had a separate collection, just for the toddler indoor shoes, link to it from this image, and change the URL to something more specific, like https://palmbeachies.com/collections/toddler-indoor-shoes

It will improve the user experience on your website and build your trust, which is part of the conversion rate. It will also help you improve your SEO, as Google pays attention to the info in the URL, and ‘all-styles’ is too general to help you rank in your target search results.

You can optimize each of the sliding images the same way.

Shop Collections below look fantastic, and to improve your SEO further, you can change the title of this section to: “Shop Water Shoes” - it’s much more defined title [as it’s an H1 header tag, it’s important for Google] and also it contains a call to action [CTA] prompting people to click and shop, which further improves your conversion rate.

Your images are adorable and high quality:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 07.51.16.png

It’s great that you are displaying three images per row [it adds a premium feel] and the prices are displayed in local currency [GBP in my location].

Your product page has an excellent layout: you have an add to cart button above the fold, a number of images for each product and reviews - perfect.

Make sure to vary the product descriptions slightly for each item, as your Google rank might be marked down for the duplicate content.

Consider also optimizing your product page further by adding related products section at the bottom:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 07.56.05.png

It will help you improve the customer journey [sales funnel] and the time spent on your website, which is a big Google ranking factor. It will also help you improve your sales - through cross-selling. You can add related products to your Shopify product template by following this simple video guide: how to add related products to your Shopify template [video].

FAQ page and Care Instruction page - very helpful and shows you care about your customers, perfect.

You mentioned you are shipping internationally, which is important - consider also adding a separate shipping policy and link to it in the footer menu. It will help your visitors to find the key info: delivery price to their own country. It’s one of the key info that affects the conversion rate, so having it easy to find will help you further improve your conversion rate.

About us page - I love the introduction and an authentic story on what inspired you to create this product - which can resonate with your target audience, perfect.

My only recommendation is to optimize the layout of this page further, by adding a right border to the image in this paragraph:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 08.26.29.png

You can easily do it from your page editing section - click on the image to highlight it [so it has a blue layer], and then click on ‘edit image’ icon:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 08.29.52.png

Then, in the new window that appears, make sure to add a margin with a value ‘35’:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 08.31.58.png

At the same time, check that the layout is to the left [not to the right as in the example above], and the text is wrapped around the image. This way, you will keep the same layout, but add a comfortable right margin to the image, improving readability and user experience.

Returns policy is unique and authentic, perfect. Also make sure to hyperlink your email address for a one-click contact - see how to do it below - or follow the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 09.01.39.png

Blog - consider blogging regularly - it can help you keep your website fresh with new content [and will make Google bots crawl your website more frequently], which will help you build your Google rank. Blog is also a great way to bring more relevant traffic from the search engines - websites with more written content [articles] tend to outperform websites with no blog in the search results, and therefore get more traffic.

Subscribe to the newsletter form has a number of obstacles: I needed to verify I’m not a robot, and then go through further two identification images: a bit more too complicated for subscribers - if you’d like to grow your mailing list, make sure that the sign up process is easy and straightforward as possible. Also, the confirmation message is a standard contact page message, which doesn’t confirm a person is subscribed:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 08.38.37.png

It would be better if you directed subscribers to a thank you page/form or change the wording of this message.

Social media - make sure to open the icons on your website in new tabs, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please check this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser

Your Giveaway Instagram posts attract plenty of engagement, perfect.

Overall your SEO is in good shape, I’d only recommend working on the content quality, especially for H tags - your tags at the moment, while defined, don’t mention ‘shoes’ or ‘water shoes’ which is a key product name for you, so make sure to optimize them better:

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 08.44.02.png

You can reword the tag so they say: shoes at the beach, indoor shoes, shoes for swimming etc. and also add ‘toddler’ or ‘baby’ to further help you improve your rank in this niche.

Hope it helps. If you are ready to grow your business and for it to become your full-time income, I can help. I’d be happy to walk you through the process of building a stronger selling and marketing strategy and help you improve your website conversion rate. Book your free chat below:

https://rockpapercopy.simplybook.it/v2/#book

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify SEO expert

Rock Paper Copy

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi There, 

Cool shoes! your store looks very nice, I'll add to the above that the video looks too small on mobile as it's vertical, 

the trick to fix that is to embed the video with height width parameters:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/rhdATCxA7QE?w=540&h=1080

*And to Change "Check Out" button to Checkout.

To improve your sales and get a good ROI, I'd recommend leveraging the use of Facebook's Dynamic Products and self-learning audiences that will track conversions of people who added to cart or purchased and automatically target similar people like them. 

We've invented a new concept app that does all that and more, creating various dynamic ads and finding new buyers with Facebook ads, dedicated to Shopify stores, give it a try:

https://apps.shopify.com/my-smart-ads

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
1 Like