Any cyclists out there? Would love your honest feedback on our store

Highlighted
1 0 1

Thanks for reading! I'm Georgie, co-founder at Hexo Helmets. We've recently launched our store. We're making the world's first custom-made cycling helmet. I'd appreciate any feedback you have on the site. Particularly cyclists! Thank you!!

www.hexohelmets.com

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi Georgie,

This is Brian from Magnet Audit.

I took a quick look at your site and was super impressed, one of the best online stores I've seen in a long time, kudos!

However I did manage to find a few areas you might want to focus on in your next round of updates:

1. Adding the FAQ page to your top bar nav. It took me too long to find it, and I needed it to answer my main question, what if I don't live in London and need a head scan?

2. I would also put your social media buttons in the top. Sometimes things are too good to be true, especially when you're just reserving something that techincally doesn't exist yet instead of straight up buying it, so the social proof that you exist out in the world on social media is important to customers who need that extra level of reassurance.

3. Email pop up was late to the game. Maybe that's intentional because you've got a pretty strong home page and you don't want to distract from it...so if you want to still keep that delayed for a bit, I'd highly suggest adding a notifications permission app like PushOwl. It's less obtrusive and we've found it much more powerful than email.

Those are all based on the desktop view, I didn't look at mobile, which is perhaps more important at this stage in the game...a full audit would turn up additional areas to focus on, if you get through with the above and would like to try a full audit, you can message me directly or visit our website to learn more.

All the Best,

Brian

P.S.
Find this helpful? Hit Solved!

Magnet Audit - Ecommerce Website Auditors
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
156 5 48

Hi, Georgie!

I've looked over your website and, to be honest, it looks great. All the information is easily accessible, looks great, it's fast. I do agree with Brian that the pop up does take a little long to appear. While you certainly don't want it to show up immeditately, you also don't want it to be too long. I'd say around 15 seconds would be good to start with, though there isn't a standard length proven to be effective for all websites. This is a good article to read about pop ups.

I'm not a pro cyclist, but I do cycle regularly out here in Vancouver. One thing I wondered was what the specific safety benefits are that come out of having a custom made helmet. The website speaks to how the hexo material has more safety benefits than traditional foam, but I didn't see it elaborated on how the custom fitting increases saftey performance. That might be good information to inlcude on the site because I was left wondering 'why not just make the helmet out of the hexo material and create standardized sizing to decrease the price?'. Perhaps the answer is related to the target market you're going after of people looking for an exclusive product, I'm not sure. But, how the customized shape instead of only the hexo material increases the safety of the helmet is my main question.

Other than that, the site looks ready to go!

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes