Any feedback is greatly appreciated on my store

Highlighted
1 0 0

www.thestellarvisuals.com

Looking for feedback mainly on navigation and searching for products and general design of the webpage.

I've been adding many different products to give customers many different options.

I'm not sure how exactly I should go about displaying all the collections that I currently have/will have on the main page.

I'm also thinking that my main page is too short.

Thank you in advance.

0 Likes

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Great looking store! When it comes to the search function, I’d recommend optimizing it further. I know you have a “Skyline” collection, however when I searched for “skylines” it showed me only one result:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 05.30.42.png

It could be because the products in this collection are not optimized for this keyword. There’s no ‘skyline’ in the product titles or tags, which means people won’t be able to find them using the search function:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 05.33.06.png

Make sure to optimize the products better to help your visitors find them. Tags are perfect for that - you can edit tags for individual products in bulk by editing all products and selecting the ‘Tags’ element in your Shopify admin.

When it comes to navigation. I’d recommend moving About us to the end of the menu and have links to your products first:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 05.34.35.png

The first links get the most attention, to placing your products first will help you improve your conversion rate.

While About us page is important, it doesn’t need to have the primary position in the menu.

Also, there’s no need to link to Catalog if you already have a link to all Collections - it feels confusing.

I also recommend renaming “Collections” to “Shop” in the top menu. It will create urgency and gives an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

Consider also optimizing your featured sliding images further - add a CTA [call to action] button to each image, such as "Shop Now" linking to a relevant collection or product:

Screen Shot 2020-01-28 at 05.37.52.png

This way you will prompt visitors to click and browse your collections, which will improve your conversion rate [sales] and SEO [dwell time/time spent on your website].

Your homepage still feels a little ‘bare’ at the moment - consider adding more content here to keep your visitor engaged and wanting to browse further. You can add more images with your prints, videos, slideshows, featured blog posts. The more content you have, the better it is for your SEO [dwell time + engagement] and your sales [conversion rate].

Shipping policy - consider adding more info here. This is a crucial policy for potential buyers, and a very important trust signal. 

The more information you add to your Shipping policy, the better. People will feel more confident buying from you. As your shipping policy is very vague at the moment it doesn’t answer basic questions people have before placing an order:

• Do you ship within one country [i.e. the USA] or worldwide
  • How much is the shipping to the USA, Europe, Asia etc.
  • Do you track orders 
  • Do you deliver to work address
  • Do you send regular updates as to order being despatched
  • Do you ship to all locations, i.e. military base, P.O. box, rural areas, developing countries etc. 

Covering these areas will help you build trust and authority as a professional business and assure your visitors to placing an order with you. Any confusion can definitely kill sales - people rather shop somewhere else if they don’t have the info provided, then take a risk placing an order. Make sure to add more info here. Please find below a guide on how to create excellent shipping policy: https://www.termsfeed.com/blog/sample-shipping-policy-template/

About us page - make sure to use a professional email address [such as sales@yourwebsite.com] instead of a free one. It’s a great way to build trust as an established business. You can create a custom email address matching your domain with G-Suite - learn how to do it here: https://youtu.be/j_0ho2PUyTI 

Here are a few guides that might help:

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy 

✅ Get FREE website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1266 75 273

Hey The Stellar Visuals,

There is a lot of white space on the store homepage which seems awkward. Try removing it by placing the logo to the top left of the header instead of the middle. Apart from that, the main menu along with the central banner should be shifted slightly upwards in order to neutralize the unwanted white space on the header top. Some other keen observations regarding your site are as follows:

1. The central banner should be full width in order to avoid the excessive white space on both sides.
  2. The header template can be used for highlighting some discounts or shipping offers.
  3. I would love to see an Account login/sign-in system, as it is a must for an ecommerce.
  4. Login, when added, should be placed beside the cart and search bar. 
  5. Bestsellers need to be added to show the uniqueness of the site.
  6. Discounts need to be offered for better customer engagement.
  7. All discounted products need to be kept under a seperate "Sale" section.
  8. Testimonials and Instagram images need to be added for better brand promotion.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store improves and succeeds in reaching new heights very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
132 12 50

Hi @keeter101 

I see that you have received some great feedback, totally take them into account. 

Here are a couple of moments regarding functionality and aesthetics of the site that I have noticed: 

1) Take advantage of the space, make your hero banner bigger. Add images that would not only show landscapes, but also how they can be styled in frames in compliment any house design. The faster the visitor understand what you are offering the better. 

2) Use more calming color scheme,  since you are offering design pieces, it is important to have your store look great as well. 

3) If possible add a closeup of your canvas printings. If I were a customer, i would definitely want to see a closer look of what I am about to pay for. 

4) Once a person chooses an option with frame or without, there are no images of the options, so a person does not get to see how they differ from each other. 

5) Add more social engagement on your site. I highly recommend installing Growave It offers all-in-one marketing platform and there is free plan available. I think you will love Reviews, Rewards and wishlist features from there. 

6) Social proof will help your customers make decisions faster. Add Reviews widget to the product page, and once you gain nice feedbacks, display them in a nice slider gallery on a homepage. 

7) Reward your customers for actions taken on your site, give discount or any other goodies that will make them come back. For instance, you can give 5% discount for subscribing to newsletter.  

8) If  you have Social Media accounts, link them to your site and drive traffic from there as well. If you do not have any, it is time to make one (I recommend Instagram)

9) If you have a slogan, place it on a hero banner. 

10) On your homepage, have a featured collection in order to increase the possibility of catching visitor's eye with a nice item. 

I think that is it as for now, if you need additional help, feel free to ask. 

If I managed to help you, please let me know by liking this post.

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
780 35 101

Hey @keeter101 ,

To make the store easy to navigate, you should display the menu on the left side of the homepage. Utilize the space and display the collection and product recommendations. Display testimonials, FAQ's. Add reviews widget, loyalty reward program, chatbot, newsletter sign up pop-up, countdown timer to increase the curiosity amongst customers to purchase a product. Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes