Any feedback on my new store is more than welcome thanks!!

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0
Hello guys!!

Such a pleasure to be part of this community! I started my store like a week ago and evn though i got a decent traffic, on averave 100 up to 150 visitors, yesterday peaked up to almost 200.. i just got one sales! The matter is that people dont even add products to the cart! I have only two abandoned... what am i doing so wrong?? I would not expect 100 sales but like 4/5 at least..

The store is dogmomlifestyle.store

Thanks in advance!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, @Espo85 .

Morgan here from the Social Team @ Shopify.

Thanks for reaching out to the forums to get some ideas on why your visitors aren't converting. I'd be happy to help!

To start, I've checked out your store and don't see any big red flags. However, one thing I did notice is your home page is fairly bare. I recommend adding more about your brand and it's story, some lifestyle photos or even a carousel of some featured products. Customers may reach your home page and be confused where to go or what they are doing there. It's important to sell your brand, just as well as you try to sell your products. 

Where are your customers coming from, and how long are they staying on your site? These are the two biggest questions to consider when dissecting your conversion rate.

1. Where are your customers coming from? Since you have fairly good traffic to your site to start, it's not necessarily how to get more visitors, but how to get the right visitors. Are you running Facebook ads to get these customers? If so, you may need to adjust your Facebook ad audience to see if you can increase the quality/target audience match of your shoppers. Feel free to share with me what you're using right now, and I'd be happy to offer assistance and insight! 

2. Knowing the path your customers take on your site is really important. First, you want to make sure customers aren't leaving as soon as they get there. Your bounce rate will answer this for you. Bounce rate is the percent of visitors who leave your site shortly after getting there, and who don't view any pages. This data can be found in your analytics under Admin> Analytics> Reports> Session by Referrer> Edit columns> Bounce rate. Anything above 60% would be considered a red flag. Meaning, you need to adjust the audience you're bringing to the site, and/or update the home page to entice customers to shop around!

An app I have used in my own store, and that really shines a light on how your customers maneuver your site is LuckyOrange. It tracks the clicks on your site per customer and shows you the exact point they decide to leave your store. The app has a free trial, so even using the trial alone to gain knowledge about your customers during that small time frame would help. 

In terms of what things should look like- When you review conversion rates, a decent/average online store rate is around 2%. Meaning, for every 100 visitors you should be seeing roughly 2 sales. Of course, with a small sample the results would vary quite a bit. Since a difference of 1 to 2 sales could double or half your conversion rate so I don't recommend focusing on this number until enough time has passed, and enough visitors have shopped to get accurate data. It's best to focus on the quality of customers you bring to your site, and the content on your site to start!

I hope this ideas help out, however, let me know if you have any questions or need advice going forward. I'm here to help!

Cheers,

Morgan | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

HI Morgan,

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!! very well appreciated and actually I completely restylished (does this word exist??? :D ) the website, now it looks much better to and I tried to give  a more lifestyle/fashion look, as you suggested. Going to the point that you stated:

1)Customer base is US and a lot from Ukraine and Macedonia  cant understand why though lol… I am running ADs on FB for US trying to target animal lover, pet lover, online shopping as interests. Age btw 22 and 35 only females, and language English.

2)Bounce rate is really bad around 76% but now since I reorganized the website i have a feeling that got better.. i see always more visitors at the same moment (live feature) before i had like 3-4 visitors maximum at the same istant, while now i reach also 11 12, meaning for me that on average they stay longer, I get the data in that way..

I have now lucky orange in my shop, thanks for the tip! I will use it!

With regards to the statistic i know i dont have to be focused on that so much, it is just the start and the big numbers/data have to be considered… i will just try to improve.. i think that since the first time i posted here the website has improved a lot!!!

any advice is more than welcome!!!

Luca

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Thanks for the details @Espo85 ! I can see you've made a few changes to the home page and it looks great. 

In terms of the ad demographic you shared, there are a few things I would tweak: 

1) Try to add a few more interests that penetrate a bit more than just "dog lovers". I would target customers who follow other pet companies or large pet retailers. If someone actively follows/likes Petsmarts Facebook page (for example), chances are they buy a lot of pet products. In contrast to someone who likes a "dog lover" Facebook group, who may not be interested in buying products, but just likes cute dog photos. 

2) I would expand your age range. I would go from 18-50. I recommend starting at 18 because this is when consumers typically get credit or visa/debit cards. Also, younger shoppers tend to buy way more online than traditional retail. On the other hand, I recommend targeting up to around 50 as cutting it off at 35 loses some of the demographic of moms with children and family pets. 

When it comes to bounce rate, that is fairly high. I think narrowing the consumer interests on your ads will help with this. As soon as you have 100-200 properly targeted customers, you will notice greater return than 100-200 broadly targeted customers. 

Stats/reports are not a bad thing to be focussed on. However, I just mean numbers such as conversion rate is hard to gauge right away. For example, 100 visitors and 3 sales is a 3% conversion rate. However, a stronger result would be 1000 visitors with 30 sales still hitting that 3% mark. This is because a sample size of 100 leaves too much discrepancies to rely on those percentages. One customer making a different decision could make your rate jump or decline drastically. Whereas, 1-2 customer differences on the 1000 visitor/30 sale ratio would alter your results by only .1-.2 %, giving you a more accurate/reliable rate. Hopefully that makes a bit more sense!

One last suggestion: 

This niche is a great impulse buy/Instagram type product. I recommend ordering a few samples and taking some really fun real life content for your Instagram page. Here's an example of the same type of product being shared in two totally different ways on Instagram: 

08-30-yxc4d-j8ksn  08-29-bjyp5-a7liz

The second photo seems less like an ad, and more so what someone would post themselves on a personal Instagram page. It's also a bit more relatable to people scrolling through their feed. It's more likely someone will stop and like a cute picture of a pup sleeping, rather than a product photo! 

Just something to keep in mind for your feed. Instagram is a great visual tool, but content does need to be fairly engaging to catch the attention of an audience. 

Here's a pet brand that does a great job of sharing product content, in a less product forward way: 
https://www.instagram.com/big_dog_chains/

Let me know if you have any questions on the information here. However, you are doing great so far and these are just suggestions to take your business to the next level! I hope they help. 

Cheers,

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0
Hi Morgan:)

Last night I got two sales!:)

About the FB ads I just adjusted them based on your feedbacks! I think those are great advices I didnt think of!!

Now i want to give it a try to instagram considering your tips:) and surely i m gonna let you know how it will go!

Now i also set a promotion “spend 20$ and get 15% off on the next purchase!”.. lets see what happens!!

I really want to thank you a lot! Ur advices are so valuable!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
239 9 46

Hi, @Espo85 ! 

Congrats on the sales! I'm glad you are seeing your hard work pay off. Let me know if you have any questions moving forward or need any advice after seeing how your new approach to marketing goes. 

Always here to help!

All the best,

0 Likes