Any feedback on my store would be appreciated, 1k sessions/ 1 sale

Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello everyone, I have little over 1 month with my store. I've been running facebook and instagram ads to generate engagement and recently tried to run a conversion campaign and had 0 sales from it . I've spent a little over $200 on ads and have only generated 1 sale. 

I am pretty sure there is a lot I could definitely do better to generate a conversion from customers who land on my site. 

Any pointers  would be greatly appreciated thank you for taking the time to read. my store  domain is

www.romaathletics.com

Roma-athletics.myshopify.com

Thank you again . 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
29 1 7

Hey, 

I hope you’re doing well.

I have inspected your store and here’s my report:

Your store looks really great, you did really well on the visuals of the store. I like the homepage and the flow. Furthermore, I visited the products and found that their descriptions are either copied or not unique. 

According to Google, if your products have common or copied descriptions your products will not rank high in the search rating sometimes they don’t even show up in the search results. 

Also about your product titles, they look very simple i.e. just the product name but a good product title should have all the essential qualities of the product in the title. And also they help in improving the overall SEO of your store. Take Amazon’s product titles for example they are informative and always show up on top in search results.

Lastly, I would like to talk about your store’s On-Page SEO rating which is really bad. If you wish to make your store more visible and reachable you should have a high SEO rating. Your SEO rating is a combined rating of how well your store will perform in search results higher the score higher the chances of being on the top result. You can improve it by making your Titles and Product description SEO optimized. Other than your product title and descriptions, the most important factor which affects your SEO rating is Meta Description, it's really important and most of the stores don't pay enough attention to it and then complain about the less traffic and conversions. 

Meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. The meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better conversions.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps.

Have a nice day

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Romaathletics,

Sorry to hear, that has to be really discouraging. When you put money in, you definitely want a return on your investment, so I feel for you.

As a first time visitor to your store, I found it a little confusing as to what it was that you sold. The photos on your homepage banner are zoomed in so close that I can't see the product. As you scroll down the images are cut off in and again, I can't see the product.

roma-homw.png

One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. I can see you have some of this type of text on your homepage ie. "TIRED OF CORDS GETTING IN THE WAY OF YOUR WORKOUT?" Like that but use visuals along with it by showing the whole product. Make it very clear right away what it is you sell and what problem you solve.

Next, I would spend some time on your header. Far too much space is being taken up by your logo. Your navigation menu needs improvement as well. I would remove "Collection" and "Featured Product" and put "Shop" instead, The other items don't typically go in your top navigation bar. Sizing would be linked somewhere within the product description and Common Questions, Order Tracking and Returns would probably be more suited to your footer menu.

roma-header.png

Another thing I would suggest is more variation. Right now you have a pair of these shorts in 4 colors. When someone from your target audience visits your store, you want to make sure you have options for them. Consider adding a pant option for those who prefer that over shorts, Another thing I noticed was sizing, all of your models look to be on the smaller size but your sizing options start at Medium and go up to XXXL. If the manufactured sizing is a little different and a medium is equivalent to a a typical USA small, I'd find a way to make that clear without the customer needing to go to a sizing chart.

roma-size.png

Lastly, the most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience. 

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 39 140

Hey there, @Romaathletics!  

First of all, your store has a great vibe to it. For being only a month old, I’m impressed! You’ve put in a ton of hard work, and it’s showing. As frustrating as it is to spend money on ads with little return, there is hope.

Let’s dive in.

Before we begin, we need to talk about the first impression. When a visitor comes to your site, they have likely no idea what you sell or offer other than athletics-related items. You have very little time to make a first impression that sticks. The first impression someone has of your store is the 10% discount. 

On the surface, there’s no problem with this. The timing needs to be delayed or triggered based on someone engaging with your products. As it stands right now, it triggers the moment someone lands on your site. They have no idea what you sell and definitely aren’t sure if they want to buy anything. As a result, they won’t be interested in getting your emails either. 

Moving on to your homepage

• Favicon: Make sure you have one
  • Announcement bar: Move it up to the top of your page rather than under the main navigation bar. I like that it stands out though, so great job! Make sure it’s linked. 
  • Hero image: I would focus on one hero image that showcases it from a different angle. Maybe show it on someone working out or in motion. It’s so zoomed in that it’s hard to see. 
  • I like the use of testimonials! 
  • My biggest concern is that you have one product but are marketing it like you have more than that. For example, do you need four images in different colors and then highlight the collection again? Watch session recordings to see what visitors do once they land on your site. How do they get to your products?
  • Use a scroll heatmap and a click heatmap to see where people are scrolling and how they click on your homepage. What information do they miss? Are they sticking around long enough to find out more?
  • Rethink your layout and marketing efforts. It’s fine not to have a huge collection, but you have to shift your e-commerce approach. You don’t need to focus on each color as a separate product. Instead, focus on selling the benefits of the product. 

Footer

• You need a footer! 
  • Feature important pages, including Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, etc. 
  • Don’t ignore it. People want to know how much shipping will cost or those FAQs.

Main Navigation

• Instead of the footer, you feature a lot of your pages on your main navigation. I wouldn’t suggest it. Having Returns, Sizing Chart, Common Questions and Order tracking on the main navigation is fine if people click on it. Use click heatmaps to see if they are. If they aren’t, move them to that footer.
  • Again, the single product collection isn’t working. Don’t be afraid to find different ways to market it. For example, you don’t need a featured product or a collection page. A simple “Shop” would suffice. 
  • This is athletic wear, so why not highlight some of your favorite exercises? Highlight the ROMA challenge with a month-long set of exercises? Or have a page dedicated to testimonials? Feature a video of the shorts in action.
  • Where are details about the functionality aspect? Can it be used on all phones? Is there a size limit to the phone? Call out that it can be used for these popular devices, such as X, Y and Z.

Product Pages

• AHH! You have hidden pages! I just found your shipping policy for the product page. It’s a huge red flag. You need a kinder message and a linked email address. Since you have one product, there’s no excuse for not having a flat fee or at least shipping cost estimates. 
  • As you have it laid out now, offering a color drop-down makes no sense. Combine all the colors to make it possible for visitors to go between colors. If John from Tennessee wanted to buy a pair in white and black, he would have to make it to the white shorts product page, add to cart, go back to the collection, click into the black shorts product page, and add to the cart. Whereas if you combine the colors, it can all be done from one page.
  • Rewrite the product name. It screams like a drop-shipper at the moment. The ROMA Athletics Signature Shorts is going to be more impactive than adding in 2-in-1 Fitness Short with Wired Headphone Access. If the website does its job, your visitors will already know that it has wired headphone access.
  • For your description, you have some good information. But it’s missing a lot, such as a link to the sizing chart and care instructions. What is the material? How long is it? 
  • Don’t forget reviews! Visitors love reviews. Again, when you combine your colors into one rather than separate products, you can unify that review process.

Wrapping it up

• Own that single-product store and go for it!
  • Learn more about what your visitors are doing and help them get the information they need to buy.
  • Optimize your checkout process to streamline the buying experience. 
  • Look at your Facebook campaign and filter your heatmap data to see just those people who came from it (especially handy if you use UTM parameters). I checked your ad, and it looks like it’s also linking to the homepage rather than the product page. You want to make it easy for visitors to find that product. 

I know it’s frustrating, but use visitors behavior to drive your next updates. Learn what visitors are doing and why they aren’t converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
710 16 199

Hi @Romaathletics !

Add a favicon

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1402 71 237

Hello @Romaathletics, I hope you are doing well! you need to make your store professional. It's not attractive & professional. Below are some quick tips:

- The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add a footer menu. 

- There is a lot of space in the header menu.

Paid ads are the most effective source to drive traffic and a good amount of visitors to the store and for converting that traffic into sales, make sure your store is engaging enough to entice your customers. Give Loyalty points and rewards to the customers. Use Email marketing, customer segmentation which will help you to send targeted emails with workflow automation. It will help you to increase conversions and sales. Also, you can give rewards to your customers. Add web push notifications to send updates to your customers even when they are not in your store. Make sure you are using email marketing automation to reach your customers.

These strategies will help you to convert your traffic into paying customers and will reduce the bounce rate.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes