Any feedback on our store welcome... tia

14 0 0

Hi all,

We'd love some feedback on our new site - selling mammoth tusk carvings, antiques and rarities from Bali, Indonesia. Any comments are very, very welcome.

We're at https://www.balicharm.com

TIA, and our best.

0 Likes
Tourist
7 0 3

Pretty pieces you have! 

As they are all relatively expensive you need to work on getting your customer's trust. For this I would expand your About Us page and include photos of your shop, your team etc. Also I would create a blog where maybe you can write about how some pieces are made with photos of the different stages and work involved. This way the customer sees the process, develops trust and feels a personal connection with your brand. The blog is also great for social media to drive more traffic to your store. 

All the best!

NC

0 Likes
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
161 0 14

Hi there!

Excellent suggestions above, building customer trust is absolutely essential as customers would need to be very confident in your product's authenticity before proceeding with an order. To this end, I recommend that you add badges to your product pages, in your product description section, showing that your products are certified, verified or authenticated as genuine by any particular organisation. This would again help build trust and make it all the more likely that the customer will be content placing such a high-value order.

Furthermore, it would be solid practice if you really emphasise that you are always available to address any questions or concerns that your potential customers may have. Making it clear that you are there to answer any questions about the item's origins, questions about the craftmanship involved and so on would again help build the trust factor in a big way! This could be achieved in your "About Us" page, "Contact Us" page or your product descriptions.

Hope this helps!

Andrew
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
14 0 0

Hi Nadine and Andrew,

Thanks so much for your comments. Both very useful insights.

Yes, our About Us page needs working on now - I've been photographing more products and writing the blogs to try to keep the site up to date - but need to take some time out and photograph the carvers at work, and our shop. And a nice portrait of me! Very good points. We did a behind-the-scenes blog post about photographing the meteorites, and are working on a new article showing our carvers making new kris sword handles.

Yes, it's about building trust. We hope that we can show much of the quality of our pieces through lots and lots of photographs - you just can't make our stuff up. But I see that that's not enough.

A question: How can I add badges to our products? A very, very good idea. Yes, it would instill confidence in our buyers.

I also like the advice about encouraging easy communication between us and the customer. Essential. We will add extra copy to the About, Contact and all product pages to encourage people to get in touch with us with any queries they may have.

I'll also be adding a blog post about mammoth ivory - a touchy subject for some, and complex. We need to describe what it is, why it is legal (except in three US states), where it comes from and how you can tell apart extinct mammoth tusk from elephant ivory. A crucial piece for customers' confidence.

Our thanks, both of you, for taking the time to write. We all appreciate it very much here.

Back to work now! 175 new photographs going up today, and then more writing! It never ends!!

:-) :-) :-)

0 Likes
4 0 0

I like your site, very nice. 

0 Likes
Tourist
48 0 2

Hi Wi Darsih,

Glad to see your store up and running. Excellent work! Your website looks clean, consistent and appealing, and definitely gives positive vibes to a new visitor.

Just a couple of things if I may add:

- As other experts have mentioned here, give your new visitors a super easy way to communicate / get in touch with you. Filling contact forms can be a little offputting. May be adding your email address in the footer and say something like on-site chat may be more helpful.

- Consider adding a provision to give reviews on your products. A positive review quickly builds trust, particularly relevant to the kind of products you are selling

- Your social follow button links (FB, Twitter) open in the same tab. Ensure that they open in a new tab when you click. You want to make sure the visitor stays on your website all the time.

- Have you given a thought to using Instagram as a marketing channel? For the kind of products you are selling, Instagram and Pinterest can be excellent channels to get new visitors.

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

--

Sumit D 

Struggling with Instagram? Head over to https://apps.shopify.com/incent-social!
0 Likes
Tourist
48 0 2

Hi Wi Darsih,

Glad to see your store up and running. Excellent work! Your website looks clean, consistent and appealing, and definitely gives positive vibes to a new visitor.

- As other experts have mentioned here, give your new visitors a super easy way to communicate / get in touch with you. Filling contact forms can be a little offputting. May be adding your email address in the footer and say something like on-site chat may be more helpful.

- Consider adding a provision to give reviews on your products. A positive review quickly builds trust, particularly relevant to the kind of products you are selling

- Your social follow button links (FB, Twitter) open in the same tab. Ensure that they open in a new tab when you click. You want to make sure the visitor stays on your website all the time.

- Have you given a thought to using Instagram as a marketing channel? For the kind of products you are selling, Instagram and Pinterest can be excellent channels to get new visitors.

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

--

Sumit D 

0 Likes
Tourist
48 0 2

Hi Wi Darsih,

- Have you given a thought to using Instagram as a marketing channel? For the kind of products you are selling, Instagram and Pinterest can be excellent channels to get new visitors.

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

--

Sumit D 

0 Likes
Tourist
28 0 2

Hi Wi Darsih,

Let me know how it goes

Cheers

--

Sumit D 

Struggling with Instagram marketing? Head over to getincent.com. Our Shopify app live now!
0 Likes
Highlighted
14 0 0

Frank, thanks for the nice comment :-)

0 Likes