Any feedback would be appreciated from you

Solved
Travel111
Excursionist
19 0 5

Any feedback would be appreciated from you. We are slowly adding more products to the store, we are working on producing blog articles to try and drive more traffic. 

The website:

www.Travfurler.com     - (for people and pets who love to travel). 

Thank you  

Dear @Travel111 

Congratulations for your store!

Hope following suggestions will help you

trvfspeed.png

• Add Custom search - Customize the search icon with a toggle effect so the search form slides out when user clicks on the icon. Makes your site look neat.
  • Add Custom Slider(Hero banners) with Call to Action
  • Highlight your USP
  • Add Testimonials at homepage
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Product page layout needs to improve
  • Do SEO

Best Regards
MS Web Designer| MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
Was our reply helpful? Please Like or Accept solution
Mihir_Gupta_
Shopify Partner
247 9 74

Hey there @Travel111 ! Amazing store out there .. here's what I'd like to add to the trail -

1. When I'm at your Shop page, I see quite big images. You can reduce the size of the images to make it look clean. Also, you can add effects like, as soon as I move my cursor to the image, it can burst open or zoom in smoothly. 

2. You can reduce the size of buttons, and don't forget to include features of your product here. 

cats.jpg

Rest, your store looks perfectly fine! Now that you've come up with a great store, you can start your social media activities and try and get on to marketplaces. Do you know there are 60+ global marketplaces where you can showcase your products? We can help you with that! 

We are just a month away from celebrating 2020's most awaited festivals. We have compiled a list of 23 checkpoints that you can apply to your store during this festive season to make sure that your Shopify store is ready to welcome online shoppers during the festive time of the year!

Let me know if we can be of any help to you! We are just a message away. 

Helping store owners in their smooth eCommerce journey! ;)
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @Travel111 !

Your google page speed score is only 40 and mobile speed 15. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well. Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

I love your color scheme of the store. 

Add a favicon

Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
246 43 151

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Travel111!  

You have a great set of products here, and I’m impressed with your effort you’ve put in.

Let’s start on your homepage:

• Announcement bars: Try to limit it to one rather than two. For example, the “Opening your pet’s eyes to the world” is great, but I wouldn’t dedicate an announcement bar to it. 
  • Hero image: The experience changes based on your device.  On mobile, it looks a little tighter. On desktop, most of the image is below the fold. It may be beneficial to crop your image from the top a bit so that you can see more of the dog when landing on the homepage.
  • From the “Hello - Bonjour - Salve - Hola” feature to the featured products, it gets clunky. Use session recordings, which capture what happened during each visit, to explore how people use your site. Where do they navigate? Scroll and click heatmaps would also be helpful in identifying what they are missing or clicking on.
  • In general, I think you could benefit from heatmaps all around. You need to know how people use your site. I would pull up your collections from near the bottom to under your hero image. You have some great concepts here, but it may not be the most beneficial to your visitors if they have to scroll through a lot of features they aren’t interested in to get to the products they are. 

Footer

• Newsletter form: Simplify your form. Do you really need fields for first AND last name? Also, add value to the subscription. If people don’t know if they want to buy from your store, they definitely don’t know if they want to get your emails. Entice them - offer a discount or tell them what they will get in return. Will they get tales from other animal-loving travelers?
  • “First-class travel…” This is the first time you mention first class travel products. Based on your product images, it looks like your products are more for the adventurous, rugged type than the first-class traveler. I would suggest running a poll to learn more where your visitors fit and what they’re looking for. 
  • Email address: Make sure it’s linked.
  • Contact us: Link your email address and your social media links. I would also suggest adding in a simple form with email address and message.   
  • FAQ: Link your email address. I experienced some issues here with the shipping costs. You linked to your shipping policy, but there were still no estimates of shipping costs. 
  • Policies: Double-check your policy pages. Your e-Privacy page didn’t load. The other pages need to have URLs and email addresses linked. For your shipping policy, are the delivery options supposed to be linked? Right now they are just underlined. 

Main Navigation

• This is where session recordings will play a crucial role. Your main navigation is straight-forward and simple, but it’s not helpful. I understand you’re trying to build a community, but right now your focus should be more on selling than community.
  • Look at heatmaps to see where people are clicking. Are they focusing primarily on Shop? Are they primarily clicking into the Shop drop-down? That would be a good indicator that you need to build out your collections in the main navigation and move other pages, like About Us and Blogs and Community to the footer.

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m on the DOG TRAVEL collection page.

•  Filter: I like that you have a filter, but I would make it more helpful. When someone uses a filter, it’s not necessarily because they want to sort between dog and cat travel products. In the DOG TRAVEL collection, I would expect dog products. Instead, I would group them. Offer filters by price, style, use, etc. 
  • I’m on the fence about your layout. Again, it could be that I’m on a desktop and it’s optimized more so for mobile. If you have any desktop users, definitely take a look at this. Either way, the layout stands out. There’s too much white space, especially between the images. 
  • I’m not convinced that adding it to the basket from the collection page rather than go into a product page is the way to go. Use a click heatmap - are people using the Add to Basket from the collection page or are they going into the product page? Dive into what people are doing to evaluate your next steps. The reason I mention this is because in your Trustpilot reviews, it was mentioned a few times that ordering was an issue. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Travfurler ® Dog | Pet Bandanas.

• You need to add in shipping details higher on the page. 
  • The “More payment options” has to be removed. I understand the value of it, but the fact that it takes you straight to the cart without it being obvious is a little sneaky. 
  • The thing I’m missing the most right now is the size chart. Because of how you’ve organized the information, it gets lost. Instead of hiding under “Specifications,” I would change it to “Sizing chart” or something similar to make it clear where they can find it. Sometimes it pays to be more direct.
  • Seeing that you do have a history of website issues per your reviews, I would highly recommend implementing a live chat. It will let people connect with you while they are still on your site and needing assistance. 

Wrapping it up

• You have a great site here, and you should be proud of the effort you’ve put into it.
  • Really focus on what the visitors experience to better understand why they aren’t converting and what’s stopping them. 

There are so many opportunities here, and it’s exciting to see the many ways you can improve your website and customer experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, poll, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Travel111
Excursionist
19 0 5

Thank you for all the feedback so far! 

Danny - This is great feedback thank you. 

• Announcement bars: Try to limit it to one rather than two. For example, the “Opening your pet’s eyes to the world” is great, but I wouldn’t dedicate an announcement bar to it. 

Noted and now only have one bar. 

• Hero image: The experience changes based on your device.  On mobile, it looks a little tighter. On desktop, most of the image is below the fold. It may be beneficial to crop your image from the top a bit so that you can see more of the dog when landing on the homepage.

We will look at this one shortly. 

• From the “Hello - Bonjour - Salve - Hola” feature to the featured products, it gets clunky. Use session recordings, which capture what happened during each visit, to explore how people use your site. Where do they navigate? Scroll and click heatmaps would also be helpful in identifying what they are missing or clicking on.

Agreed and we are going to make this area smoother - We have used your app before and will be using it again thanks. 

• In general, I think you could benefit from heatmaps all around. You need to know how people use your site. I would pull up your collections from near the bottom to under your hero image. You have some great concepts here, but it may not be the most beneficial to your visitors if they have to scroll through a lot of features they aren’t interested in to get to the products they are. 

Agreed and will pull this up very soon.

Footer

• Newsletter form: Simplify your form. Do you really need fields for first AND last name? Also, add value to the subscription. If people don’t know if they want to buy from your store, they definitely don’t know if they want to get your emails. Entice them - offer a discount or tell them what they will get in return. Will they get tales from other animal-loving travelers?

Makes sense and we have added a 10% discount here.

• “First-class travel…” This is the first time you mention first class travel products. Based on your product images, it looks like your products are more for the adventurous, rugged type than the first-class traveler. I would suggest running a poll to learn more where your visitors fit and what they’re looking for. 

A good point and one we need to re-consider.

• Email address: Make sure it’s linked.

Done thank you.

• Contact us: Link your email address and your social media links. I would also suggest adding in a simple form with email address and message.   

Done thank you.

• FAQ: Link your email address. I experienced some issues here with the shipping costs. You linked to your shipping policy, but there were still no estimates of shipping costs. 

We need to revisit this. Shipping costs are shown before you are asked to take out your credit card at the basket stage for transparency with customers. This is done with an app we have added.

• Policies: Double-check your policy pages. Your e-Privacy page didn’t load. The other pages need to have URLs and email addresses linked. For your shipping policy, are the delivery options supposed to be linked? Right now they are just underlined. 

The underline was just for effect. Again, we can re-visit these pages. They should all be loading though.

Main Navigation

• This is where session recordings will play a crucial role. Your main navigation is straight-forward and simple, but it’s not helpful. I understand you’re trying to build a community, but right now your focus should be more on selling than community.

Agreed - When we get your app again it will be interesting to see if more of the audience are heading to the shop area rather than community but we might have to ensure the community area does drive users back to the shop as we want to build both! Valid point though. 

• Look at heatmaps to see where people are clicking. Are they focusing primarily on Shop? Are they primarily clicking into the Shop drop-down? That would be a good indicator that you need to build out your collections in the main navigation and move other pages, like About Us and Blogs and Community to the footer.

Agreed.

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m on the DOG TRAVEL collection page.

•  Filter: I like that you have a filter, but I would make it more helpful. When someone uses a filter, it’s not necessarily because they want to sort between dog and cat travel products. In the DOG TRAVEL collection, I would expect dog products. Instead, I would group them. Offer filters by price, style, use, etc. 

The filter seems very wrong and we will look into it.

• I’m on the fence about your layout. Again, it could be that I’m on a desktop and it’s optimized more so for mobile. If you have any desktop users, definitely take a look at this. Either way, the layout stands out. There’s too much white space, especially between the images. 

it is more for mobile than desktop but I completely see what you are saying about the website. Images need to be slightly larger and fill the screen more. 

• I’m not convinced that adding it to the basket from the collection page rather than go into a product page is the way to go. Use a click heatmap - are people using the Add to Basket from the collection page or are they going into the product page? Dive into what people are doing to evaluate your next steps. The reason I mention this is because in your Trustpilot reviews, it was mentioned a few times that ordering was an issue. 

Agree, and think we could potentially remove the add to baskets as it sometimes looks untidy however would it upset people having to dip in and out of product pages when they know they just want products A B and C. Agree we should monitor and see what the behaviour is. 

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Travfurler ® Dog | Pet Bandanas.

• You need to add in shipping details higher on the page. 

Noted.

• The “More payment options” has to be removed. I understand the value of it, but the fact that it takes you straight to the cart without it being obvious is a little sneaky. 

Removed and agree!

• The thing I’m missing the most right now is the size chart. Because of how you’ve organized the information, it gets lost. Instead of hiding under “Specifications,” I would change it to “Sizing chart” or something similar to make it clear where they can find it. Sometimes it pays to be more direct. 

Will be reviewed.

• Seeing that you do have a history of website issues per your reviews, I would highly recommend implementing a live chat. It will let people connect with you while they are still on your site and needing assistance. 

We used to have but it slowed down the site and we removed it however we may test run again based on your suggestion. 

Wrapping it up

• You have a great site here, and you should be proud of the effort you’ve put into it.
  • Really focus on what the visitors experience to better understand why they aren’t converting and what’s stopping them. 

There are so many opportunities here, and it’s exciting to see the many ways you can improve your website and customer experience. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, poll, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

Really do appreciate your help and we will be using your product again very soon once many more of the suggestions have been implemented! We have also used a developer on site speed and despite the Google suggestions, the load speed in the real work is far far quicker which is making the experience a little better. Thanks for all the help everyone

0 Likes

Hey @Travel111,

The website looks GREAT, very professional. I love that you have pets modelling your products rather than just the product with a white background, I think it definitely adds trust with the customer to see it displayed like that. 

I looked at your product SEO and it’s currently automatically taking your product descriptions and using that as your SEO. Here is how it is currently showing up in search:

travfur-meta.png

The most important piece of selling is getting the right kind of traffic to your store, your target audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but little to no conversions. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience. We cover Store Products and Meta Descriptions at 1:23 and Product Descriptions at 6:05 but I recommend you watch the whole video as all of it works together to get you the right kind of traffic to your store.

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes