Any sort of feedback would be greatly appreciated! - Zebra Home

zebrahome
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone, 

Our store (www.zebrahome.com.au) has been live for about a week now, and we've gotten two sales so far.

We're running IG ads currently and getting good amounts of traffic however finding it hard to convert them.

This may be due to our products being relatively expensive/high ticket so people aren't buying straight away?!?

Any suggestions on improving conversion rates on product pages and in general, would be amazing...

Also, we're not collecting any emails from incoming traffic so the only way to reach out to them is retargeting ads...what's the best way to captured emails/info without being to spammy/pushy?

Thanks, Jack from Zebra Home :)

0 Likes

Hi Jack

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. A lot of our clients use a popup offering 10% off to collect emails and encourage people to make that first purchase.

Beyond traffic, I think the biggest issue with your store is a lack of product. You only have 4 SKUs. If people don't like it they will leave and go somewhere else. A high price does not help but product selection can not be overlooked.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it does not tell me what your brand is all about

2. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. I would make your collection page 2 x 2, that way each row only shows two SKUs. You can make each SKU a bit bigger. I would also change the main over image for each product. It does not sell me or make me curious to click on it. Look at what Article does for product images... a slight tweak on how you show it off but it's better overall

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

2. Add a product description as this is how you convince someone to buy. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. Tell me what material the rug is make out of, how awesome it will be in my home. Sell me on buying the rub.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
zebrahome
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you very much, this is VERY helpful and I will be sure to take on all of the advice.

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Zebra Home,

"Homepage is the key area of the user journey of any ecommerce store".Hence, it needs to be "eye-catching" in order to convince the user to buy. Pay attention to the below tips to improve your sales rate:

• Use words like "Hurry" and "Last chance" in the header template for indicating urgency to buy a particular product.
  • "Logo is the face of any ecommerce store".Hence, it should have the "first letter" capitalized according to Standard English notation.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Favicons enhance the user experience and eCommerce websites need this usability feature for easy identification".Hence,it should be visible clearly for unique site identification.
  • "Login account" can increase customer retention and the number of visits as well. Hence, they are very much essential for better ecommerce purposes.
  • Arrange all "footer links" vertically for "better alignment".
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish there be showers of sales in the future.
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.