Any ways to improve/ Drive traffic and convert!

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hey Everybody,

I launched my first site in november 2018 and I've just gone through a complete reno on it, buying a theme and doing a lot of optimization and SEO. I have started to run ads and I've been posting cards across Toronto on the community message boards to try and drive people to the site. I do regular updates on insta and linkedin as well as pintrest again to drive traffic. 

I was wondering what peoples thoughts were of my website and if there is anyway i could improve it?

I love this and I'm trying really hard, I know that its not likely to have overnight success but it would be nice to get some non bias views and opinions rather than friends saying oh its great.

I've had approx 1.2k views and 9 sales (7 are friends and family) since i launched. I also have an etsy store that has made approx 8 sales in the last 4 months.

My site is www.jwithers.com 

Cheers,

Joseph

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Expert
1060 50 316

Hi Joseph! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

It’s hard to believe you launched your online store only few months ago - it looks like it belongs to a very established business. I can see all the hard work you have put in, and your website looks excellent. I love the image switching on the homepage - very unique and eye-catching. The images are high quality, which is great.

The area below the featured image could do with a bit of restyling:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.17.12.png

The shipping and return icons, while important, they seem to have more prominence than the collections below. Consider redesigning this area slightly, so the icons are smaller, and the collections bigger, and set in the middle, like that:COLLECTIONS.png

This way, the focus is on your products/collections as primary content, which is better for your conversion rate. Consider also renaming the title to ‘Collections’ or similar, as you link to collections here, not directly yo products.

About J. Witchers is an excellent element - it builds your branding and adds authenticity. I like that you are using consistent images throughout - it’s great for trust and conversion rate.

Testimonials look excellent - and the profile images add authenticity. As they are quite detailed, allow more time for visitors to read them in comfort - as they switch, people might not have enough time to read them in full. Allow ate least 7-10 seconds before changing them.

Your Instagram feed looks amazing, and the newsletter sign up with your product + logo is a cherry on the cake :)

Your product page has perfect layout - you display Add to Cart button above the fold, and the 24 hour dispatch info as well - which is perfect for your conversion rate. It means you are selling your own products, and not dropshipping, which is a huge benefit. You have plenty of quality images, and you use your own photos, which is very strong selling point.

Your FAQ page covers all the necessary info, which is great. I noticed that the contact buttons display as black fields:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.39.05.png

Perhaps in the design you have buttons design as black with black font? Consider updating these [e.g. change the font color to white].

Contact us page - consider adding a short paragraph here too. Few sentences such as: “Contact us now with any questions. Email us at [your email address] or fill in the form below and press “Send message”. We will get back to you within 24 hours.” will feel more personal and be inviting for people to reach out and contact you.

Your website keyword cloud test is great, and your content is focused on your target key phrases:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.53.32.png

Consider making your URLs SEO friendly from the start - otherwise you will risk a lot of error pages if you were to optimize them in a few years’ time:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 10.55.16.png

Google pays attention to your URLs structure - shorter and more defined URLs are better.

H tags - you use them in mixed order:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.02.20.png

There seems to be important H1 tag missing - consider adding them in the right order as well: H1-H2-H3-H4-H5 - it’s much better for SEO.

Your website is mobile-friendly, which is excellent:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.04.13.png

You have quite a lot of broken links [especially for a new website], consider looking into that:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.04.48.png

You have no backlinks yet:Screen Shot 2019-03-25 at 11.06.23.png

Backlinks are important when marketing your website, although they are often overlooked. Backlinks are powerful, as they are permanent - they won’t disappear from view, like a social media post, after few days or weeks. Once created, a backlink works in the background on your website rank. While you won’t see the results right away, with the right backlink strategy, your website can climb the Google search results. The higher it gets in the results, the more people click on it and visit your store. Therefore backlinks are also a great source of relevant, organic and permanent traffic.

Your website looks great, and it only needs a thorough SEO optimization to help you climb in Google results and drive organic, relevant traffic in order to convert.

If you’d like to work with our Shopify SEO expert team to help you improve your website and boost organic traffic, then contact me today:

Maggie

Shopify Partner | Ecommerce expert

Rock Paper Copy  

maggie@rockpapercopy.info

If you liked this website critique, and would like to request a review of your own store, please click here now: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
12 0 1

Hi Maggie,

This is amazingly detailed and an awesome reply, thank you! It's the exact reason I opted for shopify over competitors, great experts and great community.

In terms of the smaller icons - they are already pretty small on the mobile side of things so i didn't want to make them any smaller. I designed the icons on photoshop myself so I will look at optimizing them. I like your idea a lot, I will have a play with it this week and see if i can optimize it, I think you are right with the word collections instead as well.

This way, the focus is on your products/collections as primary content, which is better for your conversion rate. Consider also renaming the title to ‘Collections’ or similar, as you link to collections here, not directly yo products.

The reason I opted for the icons above was to build the trust between the customer and my store, as it is new and unheard of I wanted them to feel reassured and not scared that it was a scam, they were only implemented at the weekend!

Testimonials look excellent - and the profile images add authenticity. As they are quite detailed, allow more time for visitors to read them in comfort - as they switch, people might not have enough time to read them in full. Allow ate least 7-10 seconds before changing them. 

100% will slow them down, you are right!

Your FAQ page covers all the necessary info, which is great. I noticed that the contact buttons display as black fields:

WOW thank you for that, will get onto that ASAP!

Contact us page - consider adding a short paragraph here too. Few sentences such as: “Contact us now with any questions. Email us at [your email address] or fill in the form below and press “Send message”. We will get back to you within 24 hours.” will feel more personal and be inviting for people to reach out and contact you.

It's funny you mention this, I had something along these lines previously and changed it because I thought it was a bit too long winded. I will work on something more along your lines, 100% want to be more personal!

Consider making your URLs SEO friendly from the start - otherwise you will risk a lot of error pages if you were to optimize them in a few years’ time:

This is bloody amazing advice, thank you, going to get stuck into this through the week, are you using google analytics to find out the errors/ broken links?

There seems to be important H1 tag missing - consider adding them in the right order as well: H1-H2-H3-H4-H5 - it’s much better for SEO.

This is very interesting, I will look into this as well!

Backlinks are important when marketing your website, although they are often overlooked. Backlinks are powerful, as they are permanent - they won’t disappear from view, like a social media post, after few days or weeks. Once created, a backlink works in the background on your website rank. While you won’t see the results right away, with the right backlink strategy, your website can climb the Google search results. The higher it gets in the results, the more people click on it and visit your store. Therefore backlinks are also a great source of relevant, organic and permanent traffic.

Brilliant strategy and advice, I will do as much research into backlinks as possible and start to optimize my site accordingly.

I want to say thank you very much Maggie for your advice and tips and tricks when it comes to critiquing my website, it was really helpful. One of the reasons that I joined here was to learn and you have given me the advice and guidance to do some learning and implement these strategies myself. I want to know the ins and outs of everything and these are great places to get involved in. Thank you very much!

0 Likes