Appreciatively asking for feedback on my store stunningottawa.com

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

Hello,

I opened my store stunningottawa.com last March and had some good sales - I have shifted from offering mostly accessories and jewellery to clothing due to the pandemic.  My conversion rate from March to October is 1.5%.  Added to cart is 4.13%. Somewhere in between, I lose my customers.

May was my strongest month with over 2500 visitors, a conversion rate of 2.74% but since I was able to open my brick-and-mortar again in June visitors have dropped to around half and now for September 1-October 1 my conversion rate is 0.65% despite making improvements and working on SEO, weekly emails, strong Instagram following.

My customer base is women 40-70. 

I am wondering where I'm going wrong with the customer journey that causes my conversion rate to be so low, I'm thinking perhaps I should advertise on Facebook but right now I feel fresh out of ideas.

Of course, I appreciate any and all feedback, your time and consideration.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @Nwolters,

You have a specific audience in mind, women 40-70, which is great! You will need to spend some time on your SEO so that you are not just getting traffic, but that you are reaching your intended audience. We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions, the reason is, they are getting the wrong kind of traffic.

It's obvious when I look at your product descriptions that you have put a lot of thought and effort into your writing. The issue is, it's going to be very hard for people to find you because you aren't using the same words they are using when they are searching on Google. Here are some examples:

stunning-meta.png

For the pants, if I were a customer searching for that type of product, I wouldn't type "KALI fun colour joggerM" into Google, I would type "tie dye drawstring pants". For the hat, instead of "Skull Beanie with Removable Pom Pom-Soft Pink", I would suggest "wool pink beanie" or "cashmere pink beanie".

We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

If you have any questions, you can contact us using the information in our signature. We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

Best of luck!

FREE CHRISTMAS GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Store Banners & Pop-ups!
8 Store Banners • 8 Store Pop-Up Graphics • Percentage Off Variations Ranging from 20% - 75% off
Download for FREE!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
753 17 209

Hi @Nwolters !

Add clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
399 42 134

Hi @Nwolters

I really admire your business story.

Have seen your store and maybe have some suggestions for you:

- I think the first problem is your homepage. Do you think you are showing too many products on your homepage?

I just think you should have only two sections that show your products. 

The QuickShop buttons are great. Keep it up. 

- Have seen your Instagram gallery and I think you can upgrade this section by making it shoppable and allow your customer to see Instagram content directly on your store. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you do that with ease. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1604031970052.png

- I see you're selling many types of products, so I believe the product bundles can be good methods to increase your sales. 

- You can consider having live chat support to improve your customer service. WhatsApp can be a good channel to chat with your customers 

App WhatsApp Chat and Abandoned Cart will help you do that. Also, it's totally free. 

- Except for the homepage experience, I think the other pages are good enough to attract. Maybe you can consider having some promotion events to see how it works. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1467 74 248

Hello @Nwolters, I hope your store is doing good! Overall your store looks great but it lacks branding and customer engagement. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:-

- Add categories in the header menu. Make your store easy to navigate. 

Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retains the customers for the long term.

- Setup web push notifications on your store and it will help you in reaching your customers and visitors directly.

Hope this Helps! 

Moreover, I suggest trying out the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
377 29 118

Hello @Nwolters,

Congratulations on your store. Great concept! I've taken a look at your store. There are quite a few things which if added can make better conversions.

1. Add the Home page link at the starting of the main menu.
2. Add 'New Arrivals' section to help customers keep updated on new products.
3. Add product reviews as most of the customers read the review before purchasing the product.
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. A FAQ would be useful!
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add the section for email Newsletter in the footer as common to the whole store instead of adding in the Home page only.
8. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thank-you for your helpful response!